手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:家谱查询

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Do you think you can help me trace my genealogy?
  • 你觉得能帮忙查查我的家谱吗?
  • Sure,I can try.
  • 当然,我可以一试。
  • We can get started by talking to your parents and grandparents.
  • 我们可以先跟你的父母还有祖父母聊聊。
  • Oral interviews will give us some names of your relatives.
  • 这样口头上的谈话会告诉我们一些你亲戚的名字。
  • I've already talked to them and I grew up hearing stories about my lineage on both sides of my family.
  • 我早就跟他们聊过这个问题而且我就是听着我双亲血统的故事长大的。
  • That's great.
  • 那很好。
  • If you know some of the people you're descended from, we can start by looking at public records and historical records from the area.
  • 如果你知道自己的祖先,我们就可以查查这个地区的公共记录及历史记录。
  • You're from Tennessee, right?
  • 你是田纳西州人,对吗?
  • That's right.
  • 没错。
  • There are a lot of people in Tennessee with my last name, though.
  • 在田纳西州有很多人都是我这个姓氏。
  • Well, we can triangulate the information we get to zero in on your ancestors.
  • 嗯,我们可以对你的祖先信息逐一进行调查。
  • What if I want proof positive that I'm related to someone?
  • 如果我想要证明我和某人有关系怎么办?
  • Then you can have a genetic analysis done.
  • 那你可以进行遗传分析。
  • A DNA test is generally accepted proof.
  • DNA测试是公认的有力证明。
  • Good,it's about time someone in my family established the blood connections.
  • 好,我的家人是时候和那个人建立血缘关系。
  • Blood connections to whom?
  • 谁的血缘关系?
  • Elvis, of course.
  • 当然是猫王。
  • Elvis?! You think you're related to Elvis?
  • 猫王? !你认为你与猫王有血缘关系?
  • His last name was Presley; my last name is Presley.
  • 他的姓是雷斯利,我的姓也是这个。
  • My first name is Aaron; his middle name was Aaron.
  • 我的名字是亚伦;他的中间名是亚伦。
  • It can't be a coincidence, especially considering my talent.
  • 它肯定不是巧合,尤其是考虑到我的天赋。
  • Talent?
  • 天赋?
  • Sure, listen:"Well, it's one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go, cat, go!"
  • 当然,听:“嗯,一是为了金钱,二是为了节目,三是做好准备,现在上吧,猫王!”
  • I consider that counterevidence!
  • 我觉得你唱的绝对证明你和猫王一点关系都没有!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》

Aaron:Do you think you can help me trace my genealogy?

亚伦:你觉得能帮忙查查我的家谱吗?
Corrie:Sure,I can try.
科里:当然,我可以一试。
We can get started by talking to your parents and grandparents.
我们可以先跟你的父母还有祖父母聊聊。
Oral interviews will give us some names of your relatives.
这样口头上的谈话会告诉我们一些你亲戚的名字。
Aaron:I've already talked to them and I grew up hearing stories about my lineage on both sides of my family.
亚伦:我早就跟他们聊过这个问题而且我就是听着我双亲血统的故事长大的。
Corrie:That's great.
科里:那很好。

If you know some of the people you're descended from, we can start by looking at public records and historical records from the area.

如果你知道自己的祖先,我们就可以查查这个地区的公共记录及历史记录。
You're from Tennessee, right?
你是田纳西州人,对吗?
Aaron:That's right.
亚伦:没错。
There are a lot of people in Tennessee with my last name, though.
在田纳西州有很多人都是我这个姓氏。
Corrie:Well, we can triangulate the information we get to zero in on your ancestors.
科里:嗯,我们可以对你的祖先信息逐一进行调查。
Aaron:What if I want proof positive that I'm related to someone?
亚伦:如果我想要证明我和某人有关系怎么办?
Corrie:Then you can have a genetic analysis done.
科里:那你可以进行遗传分析。
A DNA test is generally accepted proof.
DNA测试是公认的有力证明。
Aaron:Good,it's about time someone in my family established the blood connections.
亚伦:好,我的家人是时候和那个人建立血缘关系。
Corrie:Blood connections to whom?
科里:谁的血缘关系?
Aaron:Elvis, of course.
亚伦:当然是猫王。
Corrie:Elvis?! You think you're related to Elvis?
科里:猫王? !你认为你与猫王有血缘关系?
Aaron:His last name was Presley; my last name is Presley.
亚伦:他的姓是雷斯利,我的姓也是这个。
My first name is Aaron; his middle name was Aaron.
我的名字是亚伦;他的中间名是亚伦。
It can't be a coincidence, especially considering my talent.
它肯定不是巧合,尤其是考虑到我的天赋。
Corrie:Talent?
科里:天赋?
Aaron:Sure, listen:“Well, it's one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go, cat, go!”
亚伦:当然,听:“嗯,一是为了金钱,二是为了节目,三是做好准备,现在上吧,猫王!”
Corrie:I consider that counterevidence!
科里:我觉得你唱的绝对证明你和猫王一点关系都没有!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
established [is'tæbliʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 已被确认的,确定的,建立的,制定的 动词est

 
genetic [dʒi'netik]

想一想再看

adj. 基因的,遗传的,起源的

联想记忆
related [ri'leitid]

想一想再看

adj. 相关的,有亲属关系的

 
genealogy [,dʒi:ni'ælədʒi]

想一想再看

n. 宗谱;家系;血统;系谱学

联想记忆
analysis [ə'næləsis]

想一想再看

n. 分析,解析

联想记忆
trace [treis]

想一想再看

n. 痕迹,踪迹,微量
vt. 追踪,找出根源

 
coincidence [kəu'insidəns]

想一想再看

n. 巧合,同时发生

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。