Todd: Hello!
你好!
David: Hello, Seattle!
你好,西雅图!
Todd: Hello, Seattle! OK, well, how about could you introduce yourself to the listener?
你好,西雅图!好的,你能向听众介绍一下自己吗?
David: Oh, hi, I'm David. I'm from Tennessee. The home of Jack Daniel's whiskey and Elvis Presley.
你好,我是大卫。我来自田纳西州。杰克丹尼威士忌和埃维斯·普里斯利的故乡。
Todd: Do you like Elvis?
你喜欢埃维斯?
David: He's OK.
他很好。
Todd: Yeah! Cool!
酷!
David: Never met the guy, but.
但我从来没见过真人。
Todd: Your name is David.
你的名字叫大卫。
David: Yes, that is correct.
是的,没错。
Todd: But what does everyone call you here?
这里的人都怎么称呼你?
David: Tennessee
田纳西。
Todd: OK. Why does everyone call you Tennessee?
为什么所有人都叫你田纳西?
David: Two reasons. One, I'm from Tennessee, the most obvious reason and the third is because usually there is two to three, one time there was four Davids here.
有两个原因。第一,我来自田纳西州,这是最明显的原因。另外,就是因为通常会同时有两个或三个,有时候甚至是四个人都叫大卫。
Todd: Oh, I see.
我明白了。
David: And to keep us from getting confused they just started calling me Tennessee.
为了不叫混了,大家就开始叫我田纳西。
Todd: Oh, nice. Great. Well it was nice to meet you, David.
好的,太棒了。很高兴认识你,大卫。
David: Nice to meet you too, Todd.
很高兴认识你,托德。
注:译文属可可英语原创,未经允许,请勿转载。