UNIT 4 Look into Science!
第四单元 走进科学!
Lesson 27: Danny the "Dry-o-saur"!
第27课: 丹尼 the "Dry-o-saur"!
Danny, Jenny and Brian stand in front of the class.
丹尼,珍妮,布赖恩站在同学们的前面。
Everyone laughs.
每个人都在笑。
Danny is wearing his swimsuit!
丹尼穿着他的泳衣!
"Okay, everyone!" says Jenny.
“好了,大家注意!” 珍妮说,
"We are going to show you an interesting experiment."
“我们将要给你们演示一个很有趣的实验。”
Danny sits down.
丹尼坐了下来。
Brian puts water into the jar.
布赖恩把水灌到罐子里。
He puts the cardboard on top of the jar.
他把纸板放到罐子盖上。
He puts his hand on the cardboard and turns the jar upside down.
他将手放在纸板上把罐子倒了过来。
Then he holds the jar above Danny's head.
然后他将罐子举到丹尼的头顶上。
"Next, Brian will take his hand off the cardboard," says Jenny.
“接下来,布赖恩会从纸板上把手拿开。” 珍妮说。
"Now you know why I'm wearing my swimsuit," says Danny.
“现在你们知道我为什么穿泳衣了。” 丹尼说。
"Danny's theory is that he will now get wet," says Jenny.
“丹尼的理论是他会被水弄湿。” 珍妮说,
"Is he right, class?"
“他是正确的吗,同学们?”
"Yes, I think so!" says one student.
“是的,我想是!” 一个学生说。
"No, I don't think so!" says Brian.
“不,我认为不是!” 布赖恩说。
Are you ready, Danny?
你准备好了吗,丹尼?
I guess so.
我想是的。
Brian takes away his hand. Brian is right!
布赖恩拿走了他的手。布赖恩是正确的!
"Are you surprised, class?" asks Jenny.
“你们惊讶吗,同学们?” 珍妮问,
"Examine the jar and the cardboard.
“检查一下罐子和纸板。
We have discovered that cardboard can hold the water in.
我们已经发现了纸板能够让水不从罐子里流出来。
What are your conclusions? Why didn't Danny get wet?"
你们的结论是什么?为什么丹尼没有湿?”
"Maybe you used glue!" says one student.
“或许你用了胶水!” 一个学生说。
"No, that's not it! The air pushes up on the cardboard," explains Brian.
“不,不是的!空气能够托住纸板,” 布赖恩解释说,
"It's like water pushing up on a boat.
“就像水能够让船浮起来一样。
The force is strong enough to hold the water."
这力量足够把水托住。”
"Air is stronger than I thought!" says Danny. Weird Mud
“空气的力量比我想的要强大!” 丹尼说。魔泥
In this experiment, you make something that's sometimes a liquid and sometimes a solid.
在这个实验里,你可以制作一些有时是液体,而有时是固体的东西。
What do you need?
你需要什么?
a bowl ,a spoon ,cornstarch ,water ,
一只碗,一只勺,淀粉,水,
What do you do?
你要做什么?
1.Put eight spoonfuls of cornstarch into the bowl.
把八勺淀粉放到碗里。
2.Add four to five spoonfuls of water.
加四到五勺水。
3.Mix the cornstarch and water together.
把水和淀粉混合在一起。
4.Pour the mud into your hand.
把浆液倒在你的手里。
5.Open and close your hand.
伸开,握紧你的手。
What is happening? Some things dissolve in water.
会发生什么?某些物质溶于水。
Sugar dissolves in water. Salt dissolves in water.
糖溶于水。盐溶于水。
But not cornstarch. It only mixes with water.
但是淀粉不溶于水。 它只能和水混合。
When you close your hand and press, some of the water gets out.
当你把手握紧挤压时,会流出一些水。
The mud becomes solid.
浆液变成了固体。
When you open your hand, the water mixes in again.
当你松开手时,水又重新混合进去。
Now it is a liquid!
现在是液体了!
What else can you do?
你还能做什么其他的吗?
Put some of the mud in a bowl.
在碗里放一些浆液。
Now hit the mud with your open hand.
用你的手敲打浆液。
What happens?
发生了什么?
Now do the same thing with water.
现在用水做同样的事情。
Are the mud and water the same when you hit them?
当你敲打时,水和浆液会是一样的吗?
vt. 消除,解散,使溶解,解决(问题), 使沮丧