手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 亡灵岛 > 正文

有声读物《亡灵岛》第8期:锁着的房间(1)

编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Two days later there was a storm in the middle of the night.
  • 两天后半夜里来了一场暴风雨。
  • I was hot and I could not sleep.
  • 我很热,睡不着。
  • I got out of bed, went across to the window and looked out at the night.
  • 我下了床,走到窗边,望着窗外的夜色。
  • Black clouds hur ried across the sky, and the trees moved wildly in the wind.
  • 乌云在天空中匆匆飘过,树在狂风中猛烈地摇摆。
  • The rain made a loud noise on the window.
  • 雨打在窗子上弄出了很大的响声。
  • I opened my window and put my head out into the wind and the rain.
  • 我打开窗子,把头伸在风雨中。
  • I looked at the other windows in the house.
  • 我看了看这幢房子的其他窗子。
  • Most of them were dark.
  • 绝大部分窗子是黑的。
  • But one window had a light in it.
  • 但有一扇窗子里有灯光。
  • 'Somebody is not sleeping,' I thought.
  • “有人没睡。”我想,
  • 'Which room is that? ' There were six windows between my window and the room with the light.
  • “那是哪个房间呢?”我这个和亮着灯的那个房间之间隔六个窗子。
  • 'And there are six doors between my room and the locked door! ' I thought.
  • “而且我这个房间和锁着门的那个之间隔六扇门!”我思考着。
  • 'That light is in the locked room.
  • “那个亮着的灯就在那个锁着的房间。
  • Somebody's in there! ' I put on my dressing-gown and went out of my room.
  • 那里面有人!” 我穿上晨衣,从我屋里走了出来。
  • The house was dark, and at first I could not see very well.
  • 这座房子里很暗,起初我也看得不怎么清楚。
  • I walked along the passage and turned the corner.
  • 我顺着走廊走,拐了一个弯。
  • There it was, the locked room.
  • 那儿就是那个锁着的房间。
  • And there was a light under the door!
  • 而且门下面露出了灯光!
  • I went nearer and heard noises.
  • 我走近了些,听到了动静。
  • 'Somebody's moving about in the locked room ', I thought.
  • “有人在这个锁着的房间里走动。”我思考着。
  • 'Who is it? ' Then the light went off and the door opened.
  • “是谁呢?” 接着灯熄了,门开了。
  • I was afraid to move.
  • 我没敢动。
  • Somebody came out of the room, and into the dark passage.
  • 一个人从屋里走出来,到了黑暗的走廊里。
  • Lightning suddenly lit up the house, and I saw who it was.
  • 忽然一道闪电照亮了这幢房子,我看清了这个人是谁。
  • 'It's Mr Ross! ' I thought.
  • “是罗斯先生!”我想。
  • 'What was he doing in that room in the middle of the night? ' I did not move and he did not see me.
  • “他半夜在那个房间里干什么呢?” 我没动,他也没看见我。
  • He locked the door of the room carefully.
  • 他小心地锁上了门。
  • He did not put the key in his pocket, but hid it in the plant pot next to the door.
  • 他没把钥匙放入他的衣袋里,却把它藏在门旁的花盆里。
  • 'He's coming along here,' I thought.
  • “他正往这儿来了。”我想,
  • 'I must get back to my room. ' And I ran back along the passage.
  • “我必须回我的房间去。” 于是我就顺着走廊往回跑。
  • Mr Ross heard me.
  • 罗斯先生听见我了。
  • 'Who's that? ' he called.
  • “谁?”他叫喊着。
  • I did not answer, but ran into my room and closed the door.
  • 我没回答,却跑进自己的房间,关上了门。
  • He came along the passage and stopped outside my door.
  • 他顺着走廊过来了,在我的门外停了下来。
  • Then he walked past and went on down the stairs.
  • 然后他就走过去了,往前下了楼。
  • I took off my dressing-gown and went back to bed.
  • 我脱下晨衣,回到了床上。
  • I was shaking because I was afraid.
  • 我因害怕而直发抖。
  • 'Now I know how to get into the locked room,' I thought.
  • “现在我知道怎么进入那锁着的房间了。”我想,
  • 'But what's in there? ' There was no storm in the morning, but it was still raining.
  • “但那里有什么呢?” 早晨风暴停了,但雨还在下。
  • I got up early and worked on the farm.
  • 我很早就起了床,在农场里干活。
  • There were eggs from the chickens and I put them in boxes.
  • 那儿有小母鸡下的一些蛋,我把蛋放在箱子里。
  • I helped to milk the cows and then took them out to the field.
  • 我帮着给奶牛挤奶,然后把它们带到了外面的田野。
  • Later, I went back into the house for breakfast.
  • 后来我回房子里去吃早饭。
  • 'Did you sleep all right last night? ' asked Mrs Duncan.
  • “昨天晚上你睡得好吗?”邓肯太太问道。
  • 'Or did the storm wake you up? ' ' I... slept all right,' I said.
  • “还是暴风雨把你吵醒了?” “我……睡得很好,”我说。
  • I did not want to tell her about the light in the locked room, or about Mr Ross.
  • 我不想把锁着的那个房间里亮着灯的事或罗斯先生的事告诉她。
  • After breakfast, I went back upstairs.
  • 早饭后,我回到楼上。
  • Mr Ross was talking on the telephone in his office.
  • 罗斯先生正在他的办公室里打电话。
  • My mother was working at her desk.
  • 我妈妈正坐在她办公桌旁工作。
  • I knew that Mrs Duncan was in the kitchen and that Mr Duncan was working in the garden.
  • 我知道邓肯太太在厨房里而邓肯先生在园子里干活。
  • 'Where's Mrs Ross? ' I thought.
  • “罗斯夫人在哪儿呢?”我想。
  • Then I looked out of the window and saw her with Tony Duncan.
  • 接着我从窗子向外望去,并看见她和托尼邓肯在一起。
  • They were walking to the boat.
  • 他们正向一条船走去。
  • 'He's taking her out in the boat,' I thought.
  • “他要用船送她出岛。”我想,
  • 'Perhaps she's going to Edinburgh. ' The boat moved away from the island and I waited until it was out at sea.
  • “她可能去爱丁堡。” 船离开了这座岛;我一直等着,直到它出海了。
  • Then I opened the door of my room.
  • 然后我打开了我房间的门。
  • There was nobody in the passage and I ran along to the locked room.
  • 走廊里没有人,我顺着路跑到那个锁着的房间前。
  • The key was still in the plant pot and I took it out.
  • 钥匙还在花盆里,我把它拿了出来。
  • My hand was shaking.
  • 我的手在颤抖。
  • Then I unlocked the door.
  • 然后我打开了门。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Two days 1ater there was a storm in the middle of the night

两天后半夜里来了一场暴风雨。
I was hot and I couldn't sleepI got out of bedwent across to the window and looked out at the nightBlack clouds hur ried across the skyand the trees moved wildly in the windThe rain made a loud noise on the window
我很热,睡不着。我下了床,走到窗边,望着窗外的夜色。乌云在天空中匆匆飘过,树在狂风中猛烈地摇摆。雨打在窗子上弄出了很大的响声。
I opened my window and put my head out into the wind and the rainI looked at the other windows in the houseMost of them were darkBut one window had a light in it.‘Somebody isn't sleeping,’I thought.‘Which room is that?’
我打开窗子,把头伸在风雨中。我看了看这幢房子的其他窗子。绝大部分窗子是黑的。但有一扇窗子里有灯光。“有人没睡。”我想,“那是哪个房间呢?”
There were six windows between my window and the room with the light
我这个和亮着灯的那个房间之间隔六个窗子。
And there are six doors between my room and the locked door!’I thought.‘That light is in the locked roomSomebody's in there!’
“而且我这个房间和锁着门的那个之间隔六扇门!”我思考着。“那个亮着的灯就在那个锁着的房间。那里面有人!”
I put on my dressinggown and went out of my roomThe house was darkand at first I couldn't see very wellI walked along the passage and turned the corner
我穿上晨衣,从我屋里走了出来。这座房子里很暗,起初我也看得不怎么清楚。我顺着走廊走,拐了一个弯。
There it wasthe locked roomAnd there was a light under the door
那儿就是那个锁着的房间。而且门下面露出了灯光!
I went nearer and heard noises
我走近了些,听到了动静。
Somebody's moving about in the locked room’,I thought.‘Who is it?’
“有人在这个锁着的房间里走动。”我思考着。“是谁呢?”
Then the light went off and the door opened
接着灯熄了,门开了。
I was afraid to move
我没敢动。
Somebody came out of the roomand into the dark passageLightning suddenly lit up the houseand I saw who it was
一个人从屋里走出来,到了黑暗的走廊里。忽然一道闪电照亮了这幢房子,我看清了这个人是谁。
It's Mr Ross!’I thought.‘What was he doing in that room in the middle of the night?’
“是罗斯先生!”我想。“他半夜在那个房间里干什么呢?”
I didn't move and he didn't see meHe locked the door of the room carefullyHe didn't put the key in his pocketbut hid it in the plant pot next to the door
我没动,他也没看见我。他小心地锁上了门。他没把钥匙放入他的衣袋里,却把它藏在门旁的花盆里。
He's coming along here,’I thought.‘I must get back to my room.’
“他正往这儿来了。”我想,“我必须回我的房间去。”
And I ran back along the passage
于是我就顺着走廊往回跑。
Mr Ross heard me .‘Who's that?’he called
罗斯先生听见我了。“谁?”他叫喊着。
I didn't answerbut ran into my room and closed the door
我没回答,却跑进自己的房间,关上了门。
He came along the passage and stopped outside my doorThen he walked past and went on down the stairs
他顺着走廊过来了,在我的门外停了下来。然后他就走过去了,往前下了楼。
I took off my dressinggown and went back to bedI was shaking because I was afraid
我脱下晨衣,回到了床上。我因害怕而直发抖。
Now I know how to get into the locked room,’I thought.‘But what's in there?’
“现在我知道怎么进入那锁着的房间了。”我想,“但那里有什么呢?”
There was no storm in the morningbut it was still rainingI got up early and worked on the farmThere were eggs from the chickens and I put them in boxesI helped to milk the cows and then took them out to the field
早晨风暴停了,但雨还在下。我很早就起了床,在农场里干活。那儿有小母鸡下的一些蛋,我把蛋放在箱子里。我帮着给奶牛挤奶,然后把它们带到了外面的田野。
LaterI went back into the house for breakfast.‘Did you sleep all right last night?’asked Mrs Duncan.‘Or did the storm wake you up?’
后来我回房子里去吃早饭。“昨天晚上你睡得好吗?”邓肯太太问道。“还是暴风雨把你吵醒了?”
Islept all right,’I saidI didn't want to tell her about the light in the locked roomor about Mr Ross
“我……睡得很好,”我说。我不想把锁着的那个房间里亮着灯的事或罗斯先生的事告诉她。
After breakfastI went back upstairsMr Ross was talking on the telephone in his officeMy mother was working at her deskI knew that Mrs Duncan was in the kitchen and that Mr Duncan was working in the garden
早饭后,我回到楼上。罗斯先生正在他的办公室里打电话。我妈妈正坐在她办公桌旁工作。我知道邓肯太太在厨房里而邓肯先生在园子里干活。
Where's Mrs Ross?’I thought
“罗斯夫人在哪儿呢?”我想。
Then I looked out of the window and saw her with Tony DuncanThey were walking to the boat
接着我从窗子向外望去,并看见她和托尼·邓肯在一起。他们正向一条船走去。
He's taking her out in the boat,’I thought.‘Perhaps she's going to Edinburgh.’
“他要用船送她出岛。”我想,“她可能去爱丁堡。”
The boat moved away from the island and I waited until it was out at seaThen I opened the door of my room
船离开了这座岛;我一直等着,直到它出海了。然后我打开了我房间的门。
There was nobody in the passage and I ran along to the locked roomThe key was still in the plant pot and I took it outMy hand was shaking
走廊里没有人,我顺着路跑到那个锁着的房间前。钥匙还在花盆里,我把它拿了出来。我的手在颤抖。
Then I unlocked the door
然后我打开了门。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
lightning ['laitniŋ]

想一想再看

n. 闪电
adj. 闪电般的,快速的

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。