Lesson one Good morning,Steven,Are you all right?
早上好,史蒂文。你没事吧?
Hi,Jake,Yes,I'm fine,I'm just a little tried.
嗨,杰克。还好,只是有点累。
Late night last night,huh?Party?Dancing?What was it?
昨天晚上又熬夜了,是吗?聚会?跳舞?你到底干什么了?
The baby.He wakes up every three.Hours-at eleven.two,and five.
是孩子,他每三个小时醒来一次。——11点、2点和5点
When the alarm clock goes off at seven. I'm too tired to get up.
各一次,我都累得起不来了。
Every three hours?Why?Because he's hungry.
每三个小时醒一次,为什么?因为他肚子饿。
Can't you just leave a bottle of milk next to his bed?
你不能在他床边放一瓶牛奶吗?
Peter isn't old enough to feed himself.
彼得太小了,还不会自己吃呢,
He's only two months old.
他才两个月。
When will he be old enough to feed himself?In a few years.
他什么时候才能会自己吃呢?还得几年。
A few years!Can't you just tell him to wait until morning?
几年,难道你不能告诉他等到早上再吃吗?
He isn't old enough to understand what people say.
他太小了,听不懂大人说话。
Poor Steven.You need to drink lots of coffee.
可怜的史蒂文,你得多喝点咖啡。
Usually I reach to work without any breakfast at all.
通常我根本不吃早饭就赶来工作。
Anne and I are too busy to eat regular meals.
我和安妮太忙了,不能按时吃饭,
We're even too busy to go grocery shopping.
我们甚至忙得没时间去食品店买东西。
You must be gald to come to the office.where it's quiet.
那你一定喜欢来办公室,这里安静。
Oh,no.I hate to leave the baby for more than a few hours.
噢,不。离开孩子几个小时我都受不了了。
Oh,Steven,by the way,I forgot-I have a gift for Peter.
噢,史蒂文,顺便说一下,我差点忘了——我有个礼物送给彼得。
You do?Yeah,Wait here,I'll get it.
噢,是吗?是的,等着,我去拿。
Open it.Steven.It's the perfect gift for a baby boy.
打开,区蒂文,这绝对是给小男孩的最好的礼物。
This is nice of you,Jake.
你真好,杰克。
It's a book...about baseball?Isn't great?He'll learn all about beseball.We can take him to the park and practice.
是一本书......讲棒球的?不错吧?他会学会所有的棒球知识。我们可以带着他去公园练习。
It's a great gift.Jake.But Peter...is too young to read.
真是个好礼物,杰克。但是,彼得...... 他太小了,还不会看书。
And he's too young to play baseball.He isn't even old enough to crawl.
更别提打棒球了。他现在太小,还不会爬呢。
When will he be old enough to play baseball?In a few years.
他要多大才能打棒球呢?还得几年。
Show him the book anyway.Tell me what he says when he sees it.
不管怎样,你得给他看看这本书。告诉我他看到这本书时,说了些什么?
Jake,Peter isn't old enough to talk.He's a baby.
杰克,彼得还不会说话,他是个婴儿。
You know about the news,Jake,but there's a lot you need to learn about babies.
你了解新闻,杰克,但是小孩的事你还有很多要学。
OK,Maria,I understand.
好的,玛丽亚,我明白。
Our next feature story is about the Stamford Museum and Nature Center
我们下一个专题新闻是关于斯坦福德博物馆和“自然中心”
...Maria,are you sure this story is interesting enough to be on"Hello America"?
......玛丽亚,你能肯定这个新闻节目非常有趣,值得在“你好,美国”中播出吗?
We got a lot of letters and Phone calls about ur first story on the Nature Center.
自然中心的新闻第一次播出后我们就收到了许多来信和电话。
OK,Fine.Goodbye,Maria.
好吧。再见,玛丽亚。
Farm life?Baby pigs?This story isn't big enough to help my career.
农场生活?小猪仔?这种新闻题材不够大,对我的事业没什么帮助。
I want to cover world events.
我想报道世界大事,
I want to do another story on Abbott Larkin.
我想再做一个有关阿尔伯特。拉金的新闻。
A story on farm life is really too boring to spend my time on
农场生活的新闻太没有意思了,不值得我在这上面花时间。
I have an idea.I think I have a very good idea.
有主意了。我想我有一个很好的主意。
Hi,Connie.How are you?Hi,Jake.I'm fine.
嗨,康妮,你好吗?嗨,杰克。我挺好。
This sandwich is too big to finsh.Would you like half?No.thanks,Connie.
这个三明治太大了,我吃不了,你想来一半吗?不了,谢谢,康妮,
Maria wants a story on New England farm life in the late 1700s.
玛丽亚想做一个介绍18世纪晚期新英格兰农场生活的新闻。
Farm life!What a great story!I'd like to do a story about a farm.
农场生活!这新闻题材多棒呀!我愿意做一个有关农场的新闻。
You would?I grew up on a farm.I love farms.
你愿意?我在农场长大的, 我喜欢农场。
Well...Too bad I'm working on a story about hotels.
那么 .......不幸的是,我正在忙一个有关宾馆的新闻。
I'm too busy to help you with this farm story.
我太忙了,不能帮你做农场的新闻了。
It isn't too late to talk to Maria.
现在和玛丽亚说还不晚。
If it's OK with her,would you like to work on the farm story?
如果她同意,你愿意做这个农村新闻吗?
The story isn't big enough to have two reporters working on it.Jake.
杰克,这个题材没有大到得两个人一起做的地步。
But it sounds perfect for you.Connie.
但是听起来你很适合做这个新闻,康妮。
No,it's your story.Besides,I have a story.
不,这是你的新闻。再说我有自己的新闻。
Connie,when was the last time you were on a farm?
康妮,你最后一次在农场是什么时候?
A long time ago.Too long ago to remember.It could be fun.
是很久以前了。时间太长,我都记不起来了。挺有趣的。
Well,torrow you're going to the farm.
这样吧,明天你就去农场。
I'm going to talk to Maria.
我去和玛丽亚谈。
OK,I'll go.Now I am too busy to sit here.
好吧。我会去的。我现在太忙,不能多呆了。
I have to go and do some research.Goodbye.Jake.Bye,Connie.
我得去做些调查。再见杰克。再见,康妮。
Well,that was too easy to be true,
哈,这事容易难以置信,
but Connie really is happy to do the farm story.
但康妮真的十分乐意去做这个农场新闻。
Great.Now I'm free to do another interview with Abbott Larkin.
太好了。这下我可以去做另一个阿尔伯特。拉金的专访了。
No baby pigs for me.
再也不用做那些关于小猪仔的报道了。
This is an end of lesson 1.
第一课已经结束了。