Lesson 10 Have You Bought A Baby Blanket Yet?
你买了婴儿毯了吗
Are you ready,Steven?It's almost noon.
准备好了吗,史蒂文?快中午了。
Hang on.I have one more phone call to make.
别急。我再打个电话。
Hi,Anne.How are you?Has the plumber been there yet? Yes.
嗨,安妮,你好吗?管道工来了吗? 来了。
He's already been there?That's great!
他已经来了?太好了!
Yeah,but the pipe broke and flooded the basement.
是啊。不过水管破了,地下室被淹了。
Oh,no!I'll be right home.
噢,不!我马上回去。
You don't need to come home.He's already fixed the pipe.
你不用回来。他已经把水管修好了。
He's already fixed it?That's great.Was there any damage?
他已经修好了?太棒了。有什么损坏吗?
I don't think so.I'm cleaning it up now.
我想没有。我正在清扫。
You're terrific,honey.Has he given you the bill yet?
你太棒了,亲爱的。他给你帐单了吗?
Yes.Here it is...Oh,no!What?Three hundred dollars.
给了。在这儿呢。。。噢,天哪!怎么了?三百美元。
I'll talk to you later,Anne.
呆会儿我再跟你谈,安妮。
What's wrong? Oh,nothing.We have to go.
有什么事吗?噢,没什么,我们得走了。
It can wait,Steven.What's wrong?
这事不着急,史蒂文。出了什么事?
I have to do all these things before the baby comes.I just don't have the time.
我必须在孩子出生这前把这些事全做完,我真的是没时间了。
Maybe I can pelp
也许我能帮上忙。
Let's see what you've already done and what you still need to do.
我们来看看你已经做了什么,还有什么需要做的。
Have you bought a baby blanket yet?
我买婴儿毯了吗?
Yes,I've already bought two--a pink one and a blue one.
买了,我已经买了两条—— 一条粉色的,一条蓝色的。
That's good.Let's see.Have you bought a crib yet?
很好。再想想。你买婴儿床了吗?
That's pretty important. Yes.
这可是很重要的。买了。
Have you bought diapers and bottles yet? Maybe I can do that.
买尿布和奶瓶了吗?也许我能帮你买。
No.I've already bought diapers and bottles.
不用,我已经买尿布和奶瓶了。
How about clothes for the baby?I haven't bought any clothes yet.
婴儿的衣服呢?我还没买婴儿衣服。
Anne wants to wait till after the baby is born.
安妮想等孩子出生后再买。
What I really need to buy is a baby carriage.
我真正需要买的是辆婴儿车。
You haven't bought a baby carriage yet?Maybe I can help.
你还没买婴儿车?我也许能帮上忙。
Yes.Maybe we can do that tomorrow.
嗯,也许我们可以明天去买。
How about the baby's room? I've already carpeted the room.
婴儿室怎么样?我已经把房间铺上地毯了。
I've already bought wallpaper,but I haven't put ir up yet.
墙纸我也买了,但还没有贴上。
Maybe I can help you with the baby's room.
也许我能帮你布置婴儿室。
That would be great.And,oh,yes.I've already bought earplugs.
那太好了。哦,还有,我已经买好了耳塞。
Earplugs?For a baby?No,for me.I hear that babies cry all night.
耳塞?给孩子用的?不,是给我用的。我听说孩子整夜都哭。
You've already bought earplugs.
你竟然连耳塞都买好了。
It sounds like you are definitely ready for the baby.
看来你真是为孩子的出生做好充分准备了。
Now let's go.We're late.Let me tell you about my story.It's about holiday travel.
那么我们走吧,已经晚了。我给你讲讲我的报道,是关于假日旅行的。
I'd like to know about holiday travel.
我想知道假日旅行的事。
I'm going to interview people about their travel plans.
我想就人们的旅行计划进行采访。
I can interview you at the airport.
我可以在机场采访你
You'll have to find me first.The airports are so crowded!
你得先找到我。机场那么拥挤!
Exactly.Millions of people fly on the busiest days from the three New York airports:
确实是的。几百万的人在最繁忙的日子从纽约的三个机场起飞:
LaGuardia Airport,Newark Airport,and Kennedy Airport.
拉瓜地尔亚机场,纽华克机场和肯尼迪机场。
What are the busiest days?Thanksgiving and Christmas are the busiest holidays.
最繁忙的日子是什么时候?感恩节和圣诞节是最繁忙的假日。
Everyone goes home,goes skiing in the mountains,or goes south to Florida.
大家要么回家,要么去山上滑雪,要么南行去佛罗里达。
Then the snowstorms arrive.When the weather is bad,nothing moves.
那时通常会有暴风雪。气候一变坏,什么都不能动了。
It's terrible when it snows.
下雪的时候真是很糟糕。
People are late getting to work after their vacations.
人们度假后工作总会迟到。
Don't get snowed-in in Colorado. Steven will be very upset.
别被雪阻在科罗拉多,史蒂文会很苦恼的。
This is an end of lesson 10.
第十课已经结束了。