John: Hello?
约翰: 你好?
Ann: Hi John, sorry for calling so late, I hope I didn't wake you up.
安: 你好!约翰,这么晚打电话给你,真不好意思,我希望我没吵醒你。
John:Actually, I was just finishing some work. I haven't gone to bed yet.
约翰: 事实上,我刚做完一些工作,我还没睡觉呢。
Ann:Did you hear Bill got fired yesterday?
安: 昨天比尔被炒鱿鱼啦,你听说了吗?
John: No. I didn't hear that. Are you sure?
约翰: 没有,我没听说,你确定吗?
Ann: Yeah, Sarah told me this afternoon. She was pretty upset about it.
安: 是的,今天下午莎沙告诉我的,她很担心。
John:That's too bad. Bill's a nice guy.
约翰:那真糟糕,比尔是个不错的人。
Ann:Yeah, I know.
安: 是的 ,我知道。
John: Why did they fire him?
约翰:他们为什么要炒他鱿鱼?
Ann: She didn't say.
安: 她没说。
John: I see. Well, if you talk to Sara again, tell her there's a job opening at my company. Bill can have an interview this week if he wants.
约翰: 我明白啦。你再看到莎沙时告诉她,我们公司这周有招聘会,如果比尔愿意的话,他可以去参加面试
Ann: Oh, thank you so much. I'll call her and tell her.
安: 哦,非常感谢你,我会打电话给莎沙告诉她的。