Questioning at the customs 海关问询
A:May I help you?
有什么可以帮忙的吗?
B:Yes, please. Could you tell me something about going through customs?
嗯,您能告诉我一些关于怎样通关的事吗?
A:Certainly. What would you like to know? Please go ahead.
当然可以。您想知道什么尽管问吧。
B:Thank you. What formalities do we passengers need to go through at the airport?
谢谢。乘客在机场通关需要哪些手续呢?
A:There are some, but not many. They won't take you a lot of time.
有一些,但不是很多,不会花费您太多的时间。
B:OK, that will be fine.
那很好。
A:Firstly you have to answer some questions from the officers.
首先,您要回答海关工作人员提出的一些问题。
B:Like what?
比如什么呢?
A:Your purpose of visiting, how long you will be staying, things like that.
假如您有什么需要申报或纳税的物品一定要提前申报并缴税。
B:Well, that's easy.
这很简单啊。
A:If you have brought something which has to be declared or something dutiable, you have to declare and pay duty on them first.
假如您有什么需要申报或缴税的物品一定要提前申报并纳税。
B:I get it. Thank you so much.
明白了。非常感谢。
A:You're quite welcome.
不必客气。
“go through”意为“通过,经历,经受”。例如:You have to go through difficulties and obstacles before gaining success. 要想成功不得不经受困难和阻碍。