Purchase patents 购买专利
A: We'd like you to provide us with equipment.
我们想要你们给我们提供设备。
B: I am afraid that we can't. Production costs have risen a great deal and we are now losing money. However, we're quite willing to transfer the patent.
恐怕不行。因为生产成本已上涨了很多,我公司正在亏损。不过,我们愿意转让专利。
A: Well, it seems that we'll only consider buying the patent. In what form will you transfer the patent?
哦,看来我们只能考虑买专利了。你们将以什么形式转让专利?
B: We'd like to transfer the right to use the patent in the form of license.
我们想以许可证的形式转让专利使用权。
A: But the license only gives one the right to manufacture the equipment. What about the technology not included in the patent?
但许可证只给了制造设备的权利,不包括专利中的技术,这将如何办?
B: Don't worry. We'll provide you with all the information and also five technicians needed to manufacture the equipment.
不用担心,我们会给你们提供制造设备所需要的所有资料,还有五名技术人员。
A: OK, how long will you allow us to use the patent?
好,那你们允许我方使用专利多久?
B: 5 years.
五年。
A: Well, how much will you ask?
你们要价多少?
B: We hope you will pay us 50,000$.
我们希望你们付50,000美金。
A: I am afraid we can not accept that. We hope you can reduce by 1%.
恐怕我们不能接受这个价格。我们希望你们能降低1%。
B: OK.
好吧。
A: I am glad we've come to an agreement on price. We'll go on to the other terms and conditions at our next meeting.
很高兴我们在价格上达成协议。下次见面,我们再研究其他条款。
B: All right.
好的。
“come to an agreement on”是“就……达成协议”的意思。例如:They came to an agreement on the terms of insurance. (他们就保险条款达成了协议。)