Yang Li: Hello Diarmuid! 圣保罗,你好!
Diarmuid: Ah... Hi Yang Li. (Yawn) 啊……你好,杨丽。
Yang Li: Bit tired? 有点累吗?
Diarmuid: Eh? Oh, yeah. Didn't sleep well. Er, what programme are we doing today? 额?哦,是的。没有睡好。额,今天,我们今天做什么节目?
Yang Li: Authentic Real English. 地道美语节目。
Diarmuid: Great, the programme where we answer questions about British culture? 很好,就是我回答听众有关英国文化问题的节目吗?
Yang Li: No... It's the programme where we introduce the latest English words and phrases. Diarmuid, you're not really with it today. 不是的……这是我们介绍最新英语单词和短语的节目。圣保罗,你今天注意力真的不是很集中。
Diarmuid: Eh? 额?
Yang Li: You're not with it, are you? 你三心二意,对吗?
Diarmuid: Sorry. Good phrase though, with it. 抱歉,不过这个短语用得不错。
Yang Li: Yes. 今天我们要介绍一个新词语 with 和 it 连在一起 with it. 如果你 with it 就说明你是全神贯注,换句话说,你的思路跟着对方,没有走神儿。反之就就是心不在焉,状态不佳,比如今天我的搭档 Diarmuid 就是一例。
Diarmuid: Eh? 额?
Yang Li: Diarmuid—you really need to get some sleep! 圣保罗——你真的该睡觉了!
Examples
A: Sorry, I'm a little tired. I've just flown from London to Beijing. 抱歉,我有点累了。我刚刚从伦敦飞到北京。
B: No wonder you're not with it today. 难怪你今天注意力不能集中呢。
A: I'm not really with it at the moment, I think it's these cold drugs I'm taking. 我现在真的不能全神贯注,我觉得是因为我吃了感冒药。
B: No problem, just go and get some rest. 没问题,去休息一会儿吧。
Yang Li: So, I hope everyone's enjoyed learning the phrase with it. And of course our website has many more interesting words and expressions for you to learn. Diarmuid, shall we remind everyone about our web address? 所以,我希望每个人都学会了这个短语的表达。当然我们网站上也有很多有趣的单词和短语可以学习的。圣保罗,我们应该告诉听众们我们的网站。
Diarmuid: (Snores) 打鼾声。