Message on the United Nations Day
联合国日致辞
24 October 2018
2018年10月24日
United Nations Day marks the birthday of our founding Charter – the landmark document that embodies the hopes, dreams and aspirations of "we the peoples".
联合国日是我们创始《宪章》的诞生日。这份里程碑文件体现着“我(联合国)人民”的希望、梦想和愿望。
Every day, the women and men of the United Nations work to give practical meaning to that Charter.
每天,联合国的妇女男子都在努力赋予《宪章》真切实际的意义。
Despite the odds and the obstacles, we never give up.
尽管存在艰难险阻,但我们从不放弃。
Extreme poverty is being reduced, but we see inequality growing.
赤贫正在减少,不平等却眼见加剧。
Yet we don't give up because we know by reducing inequality, we increase hope and opportunity and peace around the world.
但我们不会放弃,因为我们知道,减少不平等使世界各地增加希望、机遇、和平。
Climate change is moving faster than we are, but we don't give up because we know that climate action is the only path.
气候变化的速度正在赶超我们的行动,但我们不会放弃,因为我们知道气候行动是唯一的出路。
Human rights are being violated in so many places. But we don't give up because we know respect for human rights and human dignity is a basic condition for peace.
人权在如此多的地方遭受侵犯。但我们不会放弃,因为我们知道尊重人权和人的尊严是和平的基本条件。
Conflicts are multiplying – people are suffering. But we don't give up because we know every man, woman and child deserves a life of peace.
冲突在增加,人们在受苦。但我们不会放弃,因为我们知道男女老少都应享有和平的生活。
On United Nations Day, let us reaffirm our commitment.
值此联合国日,让我们重申我们的承诺。
To repair broken trust.
修复破碎的信任。
To heal our planet.
治愈我们的地球。
To leave no one behind.
不让一个人掉队。
To uphold dignity for one and all, as united nations.
联合各国,维护所有人的尊严。