对话口译如下:
CNN 记者:李先生,你好!很高兴见到你。谢谢你教我中国的商业礼仪。
Mr. Li: Not at all.
CNN 记者:我想问一下,我现在的着装适合商业场合吗?
Mr. Li: Absolutely perfect for Chinese businessmeeting: conservative color, long skirt.
CNN 记者:那就好。我们现在开始上课吧。这是我的名片。
Mr. Li: OK. This is my business card. Noticehow I present it to you with the English side facing you.
CNN 记者:哦,那我也必须跟着做。这是我的名片。
Mr. Li: Oh, wonderful. You get yourself aChinese name. Notice how I spend a little bit of time paying attention todetail of the card as a sign of respect.
CNN 记者:有时商业会议结束前会进行礼物交换。这里有一些CNN 牌子的礼物,用于礼物交换合适吗?
Mr. Li: Er, some of them like the iPod might be too expensive; it could carry a bribery undertone. And theother side might feel uncomfortable, because he would have to reciprocate with something of equal value.
CNN 记者:那这张图片光盘合适吗?
Mr. Li: That is a perfect gift; it canintroduce your company, your city or your country.
CNN 记者:好的,这堂课结束了,不过我们的礼仪学习晚餐时还要继续。
Mr. Li: Ok, I’ll see you then.
CNN 记者:在中国,宴席对于建立商业关系有多重要呢?
Mr. Li: It is a cultural way. Chinese peopleregard eating as one of the most important things in their lives as they say“eating is as important as the sky”.
CNN 记者:原来如此。这碟菜是炒牛蛙,可能有些外国商人会不喜欢。如果来中国做客,主人上这道菜,可是你不想吃,怎么办呢?
Mr. Li: I would just say something nice andpolitely decline it.
CNN 记者:餐桌上还有鱼,鱼朝着我这个方向摆放,这是什么意思呢?
Mr. Li: That means you would have to drink aglass of white liquor because the head of the fish
is pointing toward you. That’s a custom fromthe North.
CNN 记者:既然是习俗,我就得喝,谢谢。对了,这些白酒度数很高,客人如果不喜欢,可以拒绝吗?
Mr. Li: Yes, but the host would naturallyprefer that you join him in drinking it.
CNN 记者:好,那我就和主人一起祝酒?
Mr. Li: That’s right.
CNN 记者:好的,谢谢李先生给我们上了精彩的一课。
Mr. Li: You’re welcome.