Let's move on to talk about a few tips for safe swallowing which I'd like to go through with you. Is that OK?
咱们接着谈谈安全进食的相关事项,可以吗?
Yes. That's fine.
好的。
First of all, it's really important not to rush meals. Take your time eating your food.
首先,千万注意不要吃太快。吃饭的时候需要细嚼慢咽。
Right, I understand.
好的,我知道了。
Take it slowly.
慢慢地吃。
That's it. And eat small amounts of food several times a day. It's better to eat smaller meals than larger meals.
对了。每日少食多餐。分批少吃比一次性多吃要好一些。
Why's that?
为什么?
A person who's had a stroke doesn't always feel that food is going a wrong way into the airways. They don't cough and so food can enter their lungs.
一般中风的人都没有察觉食物误入气管。他们没有将食物咳出来,最终导致食物进入肺部。
Oh, dear. Now I understand why I shouldn't rush.
哦,天哪。我终于明白了为什么不能吃太快了。
That's why you should eat the amount of food which fits on a teaspoon. Swallow all the food in your mouth before having another teaspoonful. It's also important to keep food and liquids seperate.
这就是为什么我们需要吃一茶匙的食物量。一定记得将食物全部咽下后再吃第二勺。将食物与液体分开吃也非常重要。
What do you mean?
你的意思是?
Don't drink and eat at the same time.
吃饭和喝水不要同时进行。
I see.
我明白了。
Try not to talk while you eat. Relax and enjoy your meal.
吃饭的时候不要说话。吃饭的时候要放松。
I'll make sure that I do.
我一定会的。
What else?
还有其他的呢?
After your meal, it's a good idea to sit up for around 30 minutes to let your food settle.
吃完饭后,需要静坐30分钟让食物进行消化。
OK.
好的。