Good morning, my name is Sarah Williams.
早上好!我叫莎拉·威廉姆斯。
It's an honour to be here and to share with you the story of how music has had an impact on my life.
很荣幸来到这里与大家分享音乐是如何影响我的人生的。
Have you ever faced a time when things looked dark and you had no hope at all?
你是否曾经经历过黯淡无光、万念俱灰的一段时光?
Two years ago, I was told I had a serious disease which was difficult to cure.
两年前,我得知我患了一种很难治愈的严重疾病。
My body ached all the time and thus I thought I didn't have much longer to live.
全身一直疼痛,我以为觉得自己活不了多久了。
I was very afraid and I felt so alone and discouraged.
我很害怕,我感到十分孤独、沮丧。
Then one day, I had to go through a two-hour medical treatment.
后来有一天,我需要去接受两个小时的治疗。
The doctor wanted me to relax, so he had me listen to some music, and one of the songs was "Happy".
医生想要我放松,就让我听了一些音乐,其中一首歌是《快乐》。
The song made me feel so much better that from then on I began to listen to music all the time.
听着这首歌,让我感觉好多了;从此以后,我开始一直听音乐。
John A.Logan said, "Music is the medicine of the mind."
约翰·A·洛根曾说过:“音乐是心灵的良药。”
And it's true.Music helped me recover.
的确如此,音乐帮助我康复了。
Music gave me happiness.
音乐给我带来了快乐。
When I listened to music, it made my spirits fly like a kite in the wind.
当我听音乐时,音乐让我的心情放飞,像风中的风筝。
Music gave me strength and brought me relief.
音乐给了我力量,也让我得到解脱。
It was the rock I leant on to become strong and to get through those hard times.
音乐是岩石,让我倚靠,变得坚强,度过那些艰难的岁月。
Moreover, music gave me hope and a sense of satisfaction.
不仅如此,音乐还给了我希望和满足感。
It became my best friend. It spoke words of encouragement to the deepest part of my being.
音乐成了我最好的朋友。音乐让我的内心深受鼓舞。
Of course, I hope none of you have to go through the same kind of suffering that I did.
当然,我希望你们不要经历和我一样的痛苦。
At the same time, we all go through various periods when we feel sad or alone.
同时,我们都会经历各种悲伤或孤独的时期。
During those times, music can help you in the same way that it helped me.
在那时,音乐可以帮助你,就像它曾经帮助我一样。
I hope all of you will somehow begin to treasure music and make it a part of your life.
我希望大家能以某种方式都能开始珍惜音乐,并让它融入到你们的生活。
Thank you!
谢谢大家!