M: Hi Sally! This is Joe.
嗨,莎莉!这是乔。
W: Hi Joe!
嗨,乔!
M: We're planning a surprise party for Susanna this Friday. She is retiring this month. Would you like to come?
我们计划这周五为苏珊娜举办一个惊喜派对,她这个月就要退休了,你来吗?
W: Sure, come in.
当然,我去。
W: I think you should try hard to get that job. You should do careful research to prepare for the interview.
我觉得你应该努力争取那份工作,你应该为面试做仔细的调查研究。
M: Thanks. But I've changed my mind. Why should I go to these job interviews? I'd like to be my own boss.
谢谢,但我改变主意了,我为什么要去参加这些面试?我想自己当老板。
M: Excuse me. I'm sorry that this book was due yesterday.
抱歉,这本书昨天到期了。
W: That's okay. You know you need to pay a fine for that, right? That's one dollar and fifty cents total.
好的,你知道你得为此付罚款吧?总共是1美元50美分。
M: Hello!
你好!
W: Can I help you with anything?
您需要什么帮助吗?
M: Er… Yes. I'm here to see the flat. I saw your ad about a room for rent.
呃……是的,我是过来看公寓的,我看到了你们的租房广告。
W: Oh, you've come to the wrong door. The flat for rent is one floor up.
哦,你走错门了,出租的公寓在楼上。
M: Does your Grandma still live in your hometown?
你的奶奶还住在你的老家吗?
W: Yes. She says she can take care of herself though her hearing is going. She loved to have her children go back and stay with her. But she wouldn't come to live with us.
是的,虽然她的听力越来越不好了,但她说她能照顾好自己。她喜欢让自己的孩子们回去和她待在一起,但是她不愿意和我们住在一起。
M: That's typical of people of her age.
她这个年龄的老年人都是这样的。