One feature of the Expo is the careers seminars, at which speakers outline their respective fields.
这个博览会的一大特点就是职业研讨会,在职业研讨会上演讲者会概括出他们各自的领域。
Barbara attended a seminar on international law.
芭芭拉参加了一个国际法的研讨会。
'The speaker was really good at getting across his message,' said Barbara.
“演讲者很好的把他想表达的信息讲清楚了,”芭芭拉说。
When asked if the seminar was helpful, Barbara replied, 'Yes, very.'
当问及芭芭拉研讨会是否有帮助时,芭芭拉回答说,“是的,很有帮助。”
The Expo is not just for people who are still in education.
这个博览会不是只为那些还在接受教育的人准备的。
It also offers help to those in employment, and to people who are considering retraining or a change of career.
它也为那些在职人员和正在考虑再接受培训或是跳槽的人提供帮助。
Charles Li, 21, left school after Junior High and went to work in a factory.
查理斯李,21岁,高中后离开学校开始在一家工厂工作。
'I wanted to help my family by earning a living,' Charles told me.
“我想自谋生路帮助家里,”查里斯告诉我
'So I took the first job available, without much thought. But now I realize that I'm in a dead-end career.
“所以,未经深思熟虑,我就做起了找到的第一份工作。但是现在我意识到遇到了一个职业僵局。
I wish I'd stayed at school longer.
我希望我可以在学校里待更长时间。
I'm looking at changing my career and perhaps studying to be an accountant,
我正在考虑更换职业,也许学习做一名会计员。
but this time I'm going to get plenty of advice and information.
但是这次,我将会得到大量的建议和信息。
I've no intention of making the same mistake twice.'
我不打算犯第二次同样的错误。”
One advantage of the Expo is that you can meet many prospective employers face to face,
这次博览会的一个好处就是你可以面对面的接触许多未来的雇主,
and talk to them frankly about your plans.
并且坦率的同他们交谈你的计划。
As Charles told me,
就像查里斯告诉我的一样,
'Normally I wouldn't dare to go and talk to the manager of a company, but today I've talked to several.
“通常我不敢去和一个公司的老板交谈,但是今天我已经和几个老板交谈过了。
It's easy to meet them here, in a relaxed environment.'
在那样一个很放松的环境里,很轻易的就可以接触到他们。”
Organizers expect over 200,000 young people to visit the Expo.
组织者预期有超过200000名年轻人光顾博览会。
There is no doubt it is a bit of a squash.
无疑,博览会有点拥挤。
However, the opportunities available here make up for any discomfort.
但是,这里可供利用的机会弥补了不足。
So, come along to the Expo. You do not need a ticket.
所以,来这次博览会吧,你不需要一张门票。
It is open today, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m, and entry is free to all.
博览会在今天,周六和周日开放,从早10点到晚七点,所有人进入博览会都是免费的。