A. Talk time
A. 对话时间
Discussing similarities and differences
讨论相似与差异
We're different in some ways, and we're similar in others.
我们在某些方面有所差异,双在某些方面存在相似。
Yes. We both have two hands. But I only have one leg! I'm also smarter than you.
是的,我们都有两只手。但我只有一条腿!我还比你还聪明。
A1. Sam, an exchange student, is discussing festivals in the US and China with his Chinese teacher, Mr Li. Read their conversation and practise it in pairs. Pay attention to the words in blue.
A1. Sam,一名交换生,正在与他的中国老师——李老师,讨论美国和中国的节日。阅读他们的对话,两人一组练习,注意蓝色的字词。
Mr Li: Sam, did you enjoy your first Spring Festival in China?
李老师:Sam,你享受你在中国的第一个春节?
Sam: Yes, I did. During this festival, many family members get together.
Sam:是的,我很享受。在这个节日期间,许多家庭成员聚在一起。
Mr Li: Yes. I hear that at Thanksgiving Americans also get together for a special meal. It sounds similar.
李老师:是的,我听说在感恩节美国人也聚在一起吃些特殊的食特,这听起来很相似。
Sam: Yes. It's similar. During these holidays, both the Chinese and Americans come home and have a big dinner. It's great fun.
Sam:是的,挺相似的。在这些节假日,无论是中国人和美国人,都赶回家举行一个很大的晚餐。这很有趣。
Mr Li: What do you think are the main differences between the Spring Festival and Thanksgiving?
李老师:你认为春节和感恩节之间的主要区别是什么?
Sam: Well, we take part in different activities and eat different kinds of food. In China, people usually set off fireworks and eat dumplings.
Sam:嗯,我们参加不同的活动,吃不同种类的食物。在中国,人们通常燃放烟花和吃饺子;
- In the US, we usually watch a Thanksgiving parade and an American football game on TV. We also eat turkey.
- 而在美国,我们通常观看感恩节游行和电视上的美式足球比赛,我们还吃火鸡。
Mr Li: That's interesting.
李老师:那很有意思。