Conversation Two
长对话二
Hi there.
嗨,你好。
I've come to see the flat.
我是来看这套公寓的。
My name is Mark Adams.
我叫马克·亚当斯。
We spoke on the phone on Wednesday.
我们在周三通了电话。
Hi, Mark, come on up.
嗨,马克,上来吧。
I'll buzz you in.
我给你开门。
Green door on the second floor on the right side.
二楼右侧的绿色门。
Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
I spoke to all your references and they all checked out okay.
我和你所有的证明人都谈过了,他们都说没问题。
So let me show you around.
所以让我带你四处看看吧。
The place actually belongs to my mother.
这个房子实际上是我母亲的。
But her health isn't great.
但她的健康状况不是很好。
So we finally managed to persuade her to move in with us and rent this old place out.
所以我们最后说服她搬来和我们一起住,把这个老房子租出去。
It's a great size.
这个房子很大。
Plenty of space.
空间充足。
Very versatile.
功能齐全。
I think it's a winner for us.
我认为这对我们来说很棒。
Yes, all the appliances are brand-new.
是的,所有的电器都是全新的。
There's a washing machine and a tumble dryer in the utility room next to the kitchen.
厨房旁边的杂物间里有一台洗衣机和一台滚筒烘干机。
Lots of closet space too, which is fabulous.
还有很大的储物空间,这太棒了。
My wife has a ridiculous number of shoes.
我妻子的鞋子数量多得离谱。
Now the big question, what about noise and the neighbours?
现在最大的问题是,有没有噪音,以及邻居怎么样?
Well, all the neighbours are elderly, so no noisy kids.
所有的邻居都是老人,所以没有吵闹的孩子。
And the back of the house overlooks a clear and peaceful pond.
从房子的后面俯瞰,可以看到一个清澈宁静的池塘。
So it's perfect if tranquility is what you are looking for.
所以,如果你想要找一个清静的地方,这里是绝佳场所。
That's good news.
真是个好消息。
We've been living in a less than glamorous part of Aberdeen, constantly harassed day and night by noisy neighbours.
我们一直住在阿伯丁一个不太光鲜的地方,邻居日夜不停地吵闹。
Getting to work was a nightmare too, as we only have one car and my wife has to use it as she works nights at the hospital.
上班也是一场噩梦,因为我们只有一辆车,我妻子在医院上夜班时要用。
Well, if you like the place, it's yours as soon as I get a contract drawn up with a solicitor.
如果你喜欢这个地方,只要我和律师签了合同,它就是你的了。
The first month's rent and a deposit are mandatory on signing the contract.
签订合同时,必须要付第一个月的房租和押金。
Then we can work out when is the best day for you to pay rent each month.
然后我们再来商量你想每月什么时候付房租。
We'll be incredibly happy to be your new tenants.
我们非常高兴成为您的新租户。
Thank you so much.
非常感谢。
My wife will be thrilled to get out of the shabby place we are now in and start filling those wardrobes with all those shoes.
离开现在居住的这个破旧的地方 ,我的妻子一定会很兴奋,然后用她的那些鞋子把这些衣柜装满。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你听到的对话回答问题5至问题8。
Q5:What does the woman say about the flat?
问题5:女士对这套公寓有什么看法?
Q6:What is the man's chief consideration in looking for a flat?
问6:男士找房的首要考虑因素是什么?
Q7:What does the man have to do on signing the contract?
问题7:在签合同时,男士需要做些什么?
Q8:Why does the man say his wife will feel very excited if they move into the flat?
问题8:为什么男士说如果他们搬进公寓,他的妻子会感到非常兴奋?