Passage 3
短文3
At the Dreamory, a business in Manhattan, naps are for sale.
在曼哈顿的一家名为Dreamory的商店里,出售小憩服务。
A 45-minutes session in a darkened enclosure with peace and quiet costs $25.
时长为45分钟,围栏式场地,环境黑暗、清净,费用为25美元。
To be clear, this institution is no hotel. This is a nap joint.
需要说明的是,这个机构不是酒店,而是一个小憩场所。
It sells the idea of the nap as much as the nap itself.
它像推销小憩本身一样推销小憩的理念。
Is a nap worth $25? The answer is obviously yes.
小憩一下值25美元吗? 答案显然是肯定的。
Here at this point in the argument.
以下是我的论点。
It's traditional for me to bring up all the studies that show the benefits of napping.
我的传统是把所有显示小憩好处的研究都列出来。
But do you really need experts to tell you that?
但你真的需要专家来告诉你吗?
Just look at the world around you at 2:30 in the afternoon.
看看下午两点半你周围的世界。
I've been working from home for more than 10 years now, and the quality and quantity of work I can do emerges directly from my ability to concentrate.
我在家工作已经有10多年了,我的工作质量和数量直接取决于我是否能集中注意力。
I don't understand how people have creative careers without napping.
我不明白,不打盹的人怎么能有创造性的事业。
Every day at about 1 pm, everyone faces the same choice: sleep until 2 pm and then work until 5 pm, or daydream and drift around social media and attend pointless meetings until 7 pm.
每天下午1点左右,每个人都面临着同样的选择: 要么睡到下午2点,然后工作到下午5点;要么做做白日梦,在社交媒体上闲逛,参加毫无意义的会议,直到晚上7点。
The friends I have who still work in offices inform me their bosses insist that they take the second option, and that napping is associated with laziness.
我的一些仍在办公室工作的朋友告诉我,他们的老板坚持让他们选择第二个选项,而且坚持认为午睡与懒惰有关。
I genuinely find it odd for if you nap properly, it's like waking up from a full night sleep, you can double your day's worth of concentration.
我真的觉得这很奇怪,因为如果你适当地小睡一下,就像从一整晚的睡眠中醒来一样,你一天的注意力可以加倍集中。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the passage you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的文章回答22- 25题。
Question 22. What do we learn about the Dreamory, a business in Manhattan?
问题22: 关于位于曼哈顿的Dreamory商店,我们了解到了什么?
Question 23. Why does the speaker ask us to look at the world around us at 2:30 in the afternoon?
问题23: 为什么说话者让我们在下午两点半看一下我们周围的世界?
Question 24. What do we learn about the quantity and quality of the speaker's work?
问题24: 关于说话人的工作数量和质量,我们可以了解到什么?
Question 25. What does the speaker say he finds odd?
问题25: 说话者说他觉得什么奇怪?