There hasn't been a single operation that I've ever been involved in, where we didn't discover that there's something that we could have done better or more efficiently or more effectively.
在我参与过的每一次行动中,我们都发现有些事我们本可以做得更好、更有效率或更有效果。
But I want to take the time to do it the right way.
但我想用正确的方式来做这件事需要些时间。
And so we'll do that in the days ahead.
所以我们会在接下来的日子里这样做。
Well, it's always, we'll do it later.
行吧,总是这样,我们以后再做。
Oh, to truly value the sacrifice of our troops, we must demand the truth from our government officials.
哦,为了真正重视我们的军队所做出的牺牲,我们必须要求我们的政府官员说出真相。
The families of the fallen deserve nothing less than a full accounting.
逝者的家人理应得到一个完整的解释。
Last night, Paula Knauss, whose son Ryan was one of the 13 killed at the Kabul airport last Thursday, had a message for President Biden.
昨晚,保拉·诺斯向拜登总统传达了一个信息。她的儿子瑞安是上周四在喀布尔机场遇难的13人之一。
Ryan, and all the men and women in uniform and they take orders and they do their responsibility and they face the consequences of (inaudible).
瑞安,以及所有身穿制服的人,他们听从命令,履行自己的责任,他们面临着(听不见)。
Where in Congress, where in our nation's Capitol who will stand up and say, I messed up, I am responsible? Who will do that?
在国会里,在我们国家的国会大厦里,谁会站出来说,我搞砸了,我有责任?谁会这么做?
Imagine if this scenario were playing out under President Trump.
想象一下,如果这一幕发生在特朗普总统的领导下。
The Democrats and the media would be tag teaming the administration at every turn.
民主党和媒体会合起伙来到处给政府挑毛病。
Instead, they circle the wagons and come across this fan boys and girls.
取而代之的是,他们抱团维护共同的利益,还遇上了这些粉丝一样的记者们。
What do you see in the country, with troops, with veterans that makes you feel - it's a rare thing - that makes you feel these messages must continue?
你在这个国家看到的什么,在军队和老兵身上,让你感觉到——这是一件罕见的事情——让你感到有必要继续传达这些信息?
General Milley, I was very struck.
米利将军,我很震惊。
You used the words pain and anger.
你用了痛苦和愤怒这两个词。
Can you help people understand that where does your pain and anger come from?
你能帮大家理解一下你的痛苦和愤怒是从哪里来的吗?
If you could both answer your views on this.
希望你们两位都回答一下这个问题。
Is she kidding me?
她在开玩笑吗?
And reporters let Milley get away with reframing the entire objective of the war in Afghanistan.
记者们让米利通过重新设定阿富汗战争的整个目标而逃脱责任。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载。