Woman:Well, it might be a good idea.
女:这可能是个好主意。
Man: I know our market share's growing, but the strategy still relies too much on low prices to attract customers.
男:我知道我们的市场占有率在增长,但是该策略还是过于依赖用低价来吸引顾客了。
What we really need to do more is to make people want our beds and furniture because they're special, not because they’re cheap.
我们需要做的更多的事情是,让人们因我们的床和家具的特别而想要它们,而不是因为它们便宜。
Woman:You mean moving into niche markets?
女:你是说进入缝隙市场?
Man: I'd describe it as staying in the mass market, but standing out from the rest.
男:我把它描述为保持在大众市场,但是得脱颖而出。
Woman: Right. Consumers are becoming more demanding these days, after all.
女:好的。毕竟,如今消费者的要求越来越高了。
Man: Exactly. What about you, Tania? How do you feel about your new responsibility?
男:就是这样。你呢,塔尼亚?你感觉你的新责任怎么样?
Woman: It's going to be quite a challenge, I reckon.
女:我认为这将是一个很大的挑战。
I mean, sorting out the reorganisation of the business into divisions sounds simple enough, but I suspect it'll produce plenty of headaches.
我的意思是,将业务重组成多个部门听起来很简单,但是我觉得它会让我很头疼。
And with several brands to deal with, some of which cut across the divisions, it's going to be pretty complicated.
要处理好几个品牌,其中一些跨越了各个部门,这将是相当复杂的。
I suspect it'll be tough to finish it in the time I've been given.
我想在规定的时间内完成它会很难。
And of course, congratulations on becoming Export Sales Manager, Jerry.
当然,恭喜你成为外销部经理,杰里。
Man:Thanks.
男:谢谢。
Woman:You don't sound very enthusiastic. Don't you want the job?
女:你听起来并不是很有兴趣。你不想担任这个职位吗?