手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 精选播客 > Easy Story > 正文

南瓜罐子(上)

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • OK, I’ll just explain some words, and then we’ll get into the story!
  • 好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词,然后就开始听故事。
  • A pumpkin is a large, orange vegetable. Pumpkins are popular around autumn.
  • 南瓜是种大大的橙色蔬菜。南瓜在秋天很受欢迎。
  • Pumpkins can be used in sweet and savoury cooking.
  • 可以用南瓜做可口的甜食。
  • For example, in America people eat pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.
  • 例如,在美国,人们感恩节会吃南瓜派。
  • You can also make pumpkin soup.
  • 你也可以做南瓜汤。
  • Pumpkins are also used as decorations.
  • 南瓜还可以用来当装饰品。
  • For example, during Halloween, people cut faces into pumpkins and put candles inside them.
  • 例如,在万圣节前夕,人们会在南瓜上刻人脸,然后在里面放上蜡烛。
  • A jug is a container for liquids, such as water, milk, juice and so on.
  • jug是装水、牛奶、果汁等液体的容器。
  • Jugs have a handle and a big hole on the top.
  • 罐子有一个把手,顶部有个大洞。
  • We use jugs to pour drinks at meals and at parties.
  • 我们用餐和聚会时用罐子倒饮料。
  • Jugs can be ceramic or made of glass.
  • 罐子可能是陶瓷的,也可能是玻璃的。
  • When you pull a flower out of the ground, you pick it.
  • 当你从地里拔出一朵花时,你就把它pick了下来。
  • You can pick lots of flowers to make a bouquet, for example.
  • 例如,你可以摘很多花来做花束。
  • These days, people don’t usually pick flowers. Instead, they buy flowers from a florist.
  • 现在,人们通常不摘花。相反,他们会从花店购买鲜花。
  • Poppies are flowers with large, red petals.
  • Poppies是有红色大花瓣的花。
  • Poppies have black seeds in the middle, which can be used in cooking.
  • 罂粟中间有黑色的种子,可以用来做饭。
  • There are also some poppies whose seeds can be used to make drugs.
  • 还有一些罂粟的种子可以用来制造毒品。
  • In the UK, we associate poppies with Remembrance Day, 11th November, when we remember those who died in World War I.
  • 在英国,我们把罂粟花与11月11日的纪念日联系在一起,这一天是我们纪念第一次世界大战中的死难者的日子。
  • This is because poppies grew in many of the fields where battles happened during World War I.
  • 这是因为在第一次世界大战期间,很多战场上都长的有罂粟。
  • On Remembrance Day, many people buy small artificial poppies to wear on their clothes.
  • 在阵亡将士纪念日,许多人会购买小型人造罂粟花戴在衣服上。
  • The money made from selling the poppies goes to charity, and people can show that they remember those who died in the war.
  • 卖罂粟花所得的收入会捐给慈善机构,以此表明人们对那些在战争中死去的人的缅怀。
  • When you are thirsty, you need to drink water.
  • 当你thirsty时,你需要喝水。
  • If you eat food, you won’t be hungry, but you might still be thirsty.
  • 如果你吃东西,就不会饿,但你仍然可能会口渴。
  • We can survive hunger for a long time, but thirst kills very quickly.
  • 我们可以忍饥挨饿很长时间,但口渴很快就会致人死亡。
  • And actually, right now, I’m a bit thirsty, so let me drink some water.
  • 其实,我现在就有点渴了,喝点水吧。
  • I am no longer thirsty.
  • 这下不渴了。
  • Bow is when you lower half of your body.
  • Bow是指你降低一半的身体。
  • People bow to be polite, like this.
  • 人们鞠躬是为了表示礼貌,就像这样。
  • If you’re listening, you can’t see me bowing, but on the video, I am bowing.
  • 如果你是在听节目,就看不到我鞠躬,但如果你看的是视频,就能看到我鞠躬。
  • In some East Asian countries such as Japan, bowing is a common way of greeting or saying thank you or sorry.
  • 在一些东亚国家,如日本,鞠躬是常见的表示问候、感谢或抱歉的方式。
  • A hole is an empty space in something.
  • hole是某个东西上面缺失的一块儿。
  • If you have some very old clothes, they will probably have holes in them.
  • 如果你有很旧的衣服,它们可能会有洞。
  • You can put your finger in the hole.
  • 你可以把手指伸进洞里。
  • Some people get very angry and hit their wall, and then they have a hole in their wall.
  • 有些人非常生气,就会往墙上撞,然后墙上就会出现一个洞。
  • Not a good idea.
  • 这可不是个好主意。
  • When something fits, it is the right size or shape.
  • 如果某样东西fit,说明它的大小或形状都很合适。
  • For example, when you buy clothes, you try the clothes on to see if they fit.
  • 比如,买衣服的时候,你会试试衣服,看它们是否合适。
  • If they fit well, then they sit close to your body, but if they fit badly, then they are too big or too small.
  • 如果合身,说明它们跟你的体型刚好匹配,如果不合身,说明它们太大或者太小了。
  • A rule is a way you have to do something.
  • rule是你必须做某事的一种方式。
  • For example, in school the rules are, ‘do not talk when the teacher is talking’, ‘do not hit other pupils’, ‘do not eat during class’ and so on.
  • 比如,在学校的规则就是,“老师说话时不要说话”,“不要打其他学生”,“不要在课堂上吃东西”等等。
  • Rules are very important for playing games.
  • 规则对玩游戏来说非常重要。
  • If you break the rules of a game, then you have to stop playing.
  • 如果你违反了游戏规则,就得停止游戏。
  • When something is impossible, it is not possible, you cannot do it.
  • 如果某件事是impossible的,说明它不可能,你做不到。
  • For example, it is impossible for humans to fly.
  • 例如,人类不可能会飞。
  • It is impossible to meet every person in the world.
  • 认识世界上的每个人是不可能的。
  • It is impossible to read with your eyes closed.
  • 闭着眼睛是不可能阅读的。
  • OK, so listen and enjoy!
  • 好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

OK, Ill just explain some words, and then well get into the story!

好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词,然后就开始听故事。

A pumpkin is a large, orange vegetable. Pumpkins are popular around autumn.

南瓜是种大大的橙色蔬菜。南瓜在秋天很受欢迎。

Pumpkins can be used in sweet and savoury cooking.

可以用南瓜做可口的甜食。

For example, in America people eat pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.

例如,在美国,人们感恩节会吃南瓜派。

You can also make pumpkin soup.

你也可以做南瓜汤。

Pumpkins are also used as decorations.

南瓜还可以用来当装饰品。

For example, during Halloween, people cut faces into pumpkins and put candles inside them.

例如,在万圣节前夕,人们会在南瓜上刻人脸,然后在里面放上蜡烛。

A jug is a container for liquids, such as water, milk, juice and so on.

jug是装水、牛奶、果汁等液体的容器。

Jugs have a handle and a big hole on the top.

罐子有一个把手,顶部有个大洞。

We use jugs to pour drinks at meals and at parties.

我们用餐和聚会时用罐子倒饮料。

Jugs can be ceramic or made of glass.

罐子可能是陶瓷的,也可能是玻璃的。

When you pull a flower out of the ground, you pick it.

当你从地里拔出一朵花时,你就把它pick了下来。

You can pick lots of flowers to make a bouquet, for example.

例如,你可以摘很多花来做花束。

These days, people dont usually pick flowers. Instead, they buy flowers from a florist.

现在,人们通常不摘花。相反,他们会从花店购买鲜花。

Poppies are flowers with large, red petals.

Poppies是有红色大花瓣的花。

Poppies have black seeds in the middle, which can be used in cooking.

罂粟中间有黑色的种子,可以用来做饭。

There are also some poppies whose seeds can be used to make drugs.

还有一些罂粟的种子可以用来制造毒品。

In the UK, we associate poppies with Remembrance Day, 11th November, when we remember those who died in World War I.

在英国,我们把罂粟花与11月11日的纪念日联系在一起,这一天是我们纪念第一次世界大战中的死难者的日子。

This is because poppies grew in many of the fields where battles happened during World War I.

这是因为在第一次世界大战期间,很多战场上都长的有罂粟。

On Remembrance Day, many people buy small artificial poppies to wear on their clothes.

在阵亡将士纪念日,许多人会购买小型人造罂粟花戴在衣服上。

The money made from selling the poppies goes to charity, and people can show that they remember those who died in the war.

卖罂粟花所得的收入会捐给慈善机构,以此表明人们对那些在战争中死去的人的缅怀。

When you are thirsty, you need to drink water.

当你thirsty时,你需要喝水。

If you eat food, you wont be hungry, but you might still be thirsty.

如果你吃东西,就不会饿,但你仍然可能会口渴。

We can survive hunger for a long time, but thirst kills very quickly.

我们可以忍饥挨饿很长时间,但口渴很快就会致人死亡。

And actually, right now, Im a bit thirsty, so let me drink some water.

其实,我现在就有点渴了,喝点水吧。

I am no longer thirsty.

这下不渴了。

Bow is when you lower half of your body.

Bow是指你降低一半的身体。

People bow to be polite, like this.

人们鞠躬是为了表示礼貌,就像这样。

If youre listening, you cant see me bowing, but on the video, I am bowing.

如果你是在听节目,就看不到我鞠躬,但如果你看的是视频,就能看到我鞠躬。

In some East Asian countries such as Japan, bowing is a common way of greeting or saying thank you or sorry.

在一些东亚国家,如日本,鞠躬是常见的表示问候、感谢或抱歉的方式。

A hole is an empty space in something.

hole是某个东西上面缺失的一块儿。

If you have some very old clothes, they will probably have holes in them.

如果你有很旧的衣服,它们可能会有洞。

You can put your finger in the hole.

你可以把手指伸进洞里。

Some people get very angry and hit their wall, and then they have a hole in their wall.

有些人非常生气,就会往墙上撞,然后墙上就会出现一个洞。

Not a good idea.

这可不是个好主意。

When something fits, it is the right size or shape.

如果某样东西fit,说明它的大小或形状都很合适。

For example, when you buy clothes, you try the clothes on to see if they fit.

比如,买衣服的时候,你会试试衣服,看它们是否合适。

If they fit well, then they sit close to your body, but if they fit badly, then they are too big or too small.

如果合身,说明它们跟你的体型刚好匹配,如果不合身,说明它们太大或者太小了。

A rule is a way you have to do something.

rule是你必须做某事的一种方式。

For example, in school the rules are, ‘do not talk when the teacher is talking’, ‘do not hit other pupils’, ‘do not eat during classand so on.

比如,在学校的规则就是,“老师说话时不要说话”,“不要打其他学生”,“不要在课堂上吃东西”等等。

Rules are very important for playing games.

规则对玩游戏来说非常重要。

If you break the rules of a game, then you have to stop playing.

如果你违反了游戏规则,就得停止游戏。

When something is impossible, it is not possible, you cannot do it.

如果某件事是impossible的,说明它不可能,你做不到。

For example, it is impossible for humans to fly.

例如,人类不可能会飞。

It is impossible to meet every person in the world.

认识世界上的每个人是不可能的。

It is impossible to read with your eyes closed.

闭着眼睛是不可能阅读的。

OK, so listen and enjoy!

好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
charity ['tʃæriti]

想一想再看

n. 慈善,慈善机关(团体), 仁慈,宽厚

联想记忆
bow [bau]

想一想再看

n. 弓
n. 鞠躬,蝴蝶结,船头

 
remembrance [ri'membrəns]

想一想再看

n. 回想,记忆,纪念品

联想记忆
ceramic [si'ræmik]

想一想再看

adj. 陶器的 n. 陶器,陶瓷学

联想记忆
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
artificial [.ɑ:ti'fiʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 人造的,虚伪的,武断的

联想记忆
bouquet [bu'kei]

想一想再看

n. 花束
n. 酒香

联想记忆
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
associate [ə'səuʃieit]

想一想再看

n. 同伴,伙伴,合伙人
n. 准学士学位获得

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 加里的纹身(中) 2025-02-15
  • 加里的纹身(下) 2025-02-18
  • 你见过这个女人吗?(上) 2025-02-21
  • 你见过这个女人吗?(中) 2025-02-24
  • 你见过这个女人吗?(下) 2025-02-27
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。