Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
When you strike a chord in music, you play several notes at the same time.
当你在音乐中拨动一个和弦时,你同时演奏几个音符。
So, are Anna and Andrew going to play music?
那么,安娜和安德鲁会演奏音乐吗?
I hope so!
我希望如此!
I love Amelia Earhart.
我爱阿米莉亚·埃尔哈特。
Her life really struck a chord with me.
她的生活确实引起了我的共鸣。
Really?
真的吗?
But she was a pilot.
但她是个飞行员。
And you're afraid of flying.
而且你害怕坐飞机。
Oh!
哦!
No, her flying career didn't strike a chord.
不,她的飞行生涯没有引起我的共鸣。
She loved hot chocolate.
她喜欢热巧克力。
And so do I!
我也是!
When something strikes a chord with you, it causes [a] strong reaction, usually because you identify with it.
当某件事引起你的共鸣时,它会引起强烈的反应,通常是因为你认同它。
Striking a chord can also mean that you're reminded of something familiar.
引起共鸣也意味着你想起了熟悉的事情。