Volcanoes are pretty scary business.
火山是个相当可怕的东西。
It's a good thing there aren't too many of them hanging around, waiting to explode at any minute, right?
好消息是,不会有太多随时等着爆发的的火山,对吧?
Actually, Keith. There are about 1500 volcanoes on Earth still considered active and likely to explode again.
确实如此,基思。地球上大约有1500座火山仍被认为是活跃的,可能会再次爆发。
There're also dormant sleeping volcanoes that currently show no signs of activity.
还有一些休眠火山,目前没有任何活动迹象。
But hey, they could become active and explode at some point in the future, too.
但是,要注意,它们也可能在未来的某个时候变得活跃并爆发。
Um, that's pretty terrifying.
额,这真是相当恐怖啊。
Oh, come on Keith, that's just silly. I mean, most volcanoes show very low levels of activity.
拜托,基思,别这么蠢。我的意思是,大多数火山的活动水平都很低。
People don't usually live near eruption zones, so we don't really have anything to worry about, although a volcanic eruption would be pretty cool.
人们通常不会住在火山喷发区附近,所以我们真的没有什么可担心的,尽管一场火山爆发会很酷。
I mean, who doesn't love a good explosion every now and then?
我的意思是,谁不喜欢时不时来一场精彩的爆炸呢?
Okay, maybe you have a point there, explosions are pretty cool.
好吧,也许你说的有道理。爆炸确实非常酷。