手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 精选播客 > Easy Story > 正文

加里的纹身(上)

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • OK, I’ll just explain some words that are in today’s story.
  • 好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词。
  • A tattoo is a piece of art that you have on your skin, on your body.
  • tattoo是你皮肤和身体上的一种艺术品。
  • You go to a tattoo parlour to get a tattoo.
  • 你去纹身店纹身。
  • People who work at tattoo parlours are called tattoo artists.
  • 在纹身店工作的人被称为纹身师。
  • Tattoo artists take ink and push the ink into your skin to make a picture.
  • 纹身艺术家会用墨水注入你的皮肤,制作出一幅图画。
  • People usually get black tattoos, but you can also get coloured tattoos.
  • 人们通常会纹黑色的纹身,不过你也可以纹彩色的。
  • It hurts a lot to get a tattoo, because the artists use sharp things called needles to push the ink in.
  • 纹身很疼,因为纹身师会用尖锐的东西--针头--把墨水注进皮肤里。
  • As you get older, tattoos look less pretty, but some people get tattoos all over their body.
  • 随着年龄的增长,纹身会变得不那么漂亮,不过有些人全身都是纹身。
  • Common pictures for tattoos are roses, hearts, names of loved ones, skulls and so on.
  • 常见的纹身图案有玫瑰、心形、亲人姓名、头骨等。
  • When you do something months in advance, you do it many months before you have to.
  • 当你do something months in advance时,是指你会提前很多个月去做。
  • For example, if you want to go to a really expensive restaurant, you will probably have to book it months in advance.
  • 例如,如果你想去一家非常昂贵的餐厅,你可能必须提前几个月预订。
  • Or if you want to go and see a popular show like Hamilton, you will have to buy tickets months in advance.
  • 或者,如果你想去看像汉密尔顿这样受欢迎的演出,你必须提前几个月买票。
  • When you lie, you say something that isn’t true.
  • 当你lie的时候,你说的不是真话。
  • For example, if I tell you, ‘Hi, I’m Queen Elizabeth,’ that’s a lie, because it’s not true. I am not Queen Elizabeth.
  • 例如,如果我对你说,‘嗨,我是伊丽莎白女王’,那就是撒谎,因为这不是真的。我不是伊丽莎白女王。
  • Children often lie when they don’t want their parents to get angry at them.
  • 孩子们经常撒谎,因为他们不想让父母生气。
  • Sometimes people lie because it is very hard to say the truth.
  • 有时人们撒谎是因为真相很难说出口。
  • Squares, triangles and circles are all shapes.
  • Square、triangle和circle都是形状。
  • Shapes are very important in mathematics. Geometry is the study of shapes.
  • 形状在数学中非常重要。几何学是研究形状的学科。
  • Anxious means worried. Everyone gets worried, but not everyone gets anxious.
  • 焦虑意味着担心。每个人都会担心,但不是每个人都会焦虑。
  • Anxious is when you are very, very worried. If you get anxious often, then you have anxiety.
  • 焦虑是指你非常非常担心的时候。如果你经常感到焦虑,那你就有焦虑症。
  • If you have anxiety, you might have to take pills, medicine, to make you feel less anxious.
  • 如果你有焦虑症,可能得吃药,减轻焦虑感。
  • Hide, and the past tense is hid, and the past participle is hidden, is when you make it so people can’t see something.
  • Hide,过去式是hid,过去分词是hidden,是指让别人看不见某个东西。
  • For example, maybe you are eating chocolate, but you don’t want other people to see it, because then they will want to eat the chocolate.
  • 例如,也许你在吃巧克力,但你不想让其他人看到,不然他们也会想吃你的巧克力。
  • So you hide the chocolate in the cupboard so that they won’t see it. Now the chocolate is hidden.
  • 于是你把巧克力藏在柜子里,这样他们就看不到了。巧克力就是被藏起来了。
  • Of course, if something is hidden for a long time, you might forget it’s there.
  • 当然,如果某样东西被藏了很长时间,你可能会忘记它在那里。
  • Your bum is a part of your body.
  • 你的bum是身体的一部分。
  • Your bum is at the back of your body, below your back and above your legs.
  • 你的屁股在身体后面,在你的背部之下,腿之上。
  • You sit on your bum.
  • 你会用屁股去坐。
  • To be honest, people don’t like talking about bums very much because it’s rude.
  • 其实,人们不太喜欢谈论屁股,因为这显得比较粗鲁。
  • ‘Bum’ is a word that children often use, or a word that we use with friends.
  • ‘Bum’通常是孩子们会使用,或者我们在朋友间使用。
  • When you treat someone like something, you act like they are that thing.
  • 当你treat someone like something时,是指你把他们当成东西去对待。
  • For example, if you treat someone like they are your pet, you will not listen to what they say, and just make them do things for you.
  • 例如,如果你把某人当成你的宠物一样去对待,就不会倾听他们的心声,只会让他们去为你做事。
  • Your boss might treat you like a pet: ‘Go and get me coffee! Sit down!’
  • 你的老板可能会像宠物一样对待你:‘去给我拿咖啡来!坐下!’
  • More generally, you can treat someone well or treat someone badly.
  • 更广泛地说,你可以善待某人,也可以亏待某人。
  • If you sit down and start barking like a dog, woof woof, then your boss will probably treat you like you are very strange.
  • 如果你坐下来开始像狗一样吠叫,汪汪,那你的老板可能会把你当个怪人对待。
  • A barber is someone who cuts your hair.
  • barber是给你理发的人。
  • Generally, hairdressers cut people’s hair, but barbers specifically cut men’s hair.
  • 一般来说,美发师给所有人理发,但理发师专为男性理发。
  • Because men’s hair is usually shorter, the styles are different, so many men go to barber’s.
  • 因为男士的头发通常较短,发型也不同,所以很多男士都会去理发店。
  • Barbers can also cut your beard, but hairdressers don’t cut beards.
  • 理发师还可以给你剃胡子,但美发师不会剃胡子。
  • When you shave your hair off, you take a razor, a sharp knife, and cut all your hair off.
  • 当你shave your hair off的时候,是指拿把剃刀,拿把锋利的刀,把所有头发都剪掉。
  • When men get older, they often start losing their hair. They start going bald.
  • 当人们变老时,通常会开始掉头发。他们开始秃顶。
  • When you are completely bald, you have no hair on your head.
  • 当你完全秃顶时,头上就没有头发了。
  • Of course, many people take a long time to go completely bald, and it can look bad if you only have some hair on your head.
  • 当然,许多人完全秃顶要花上很长时间,如果你头上只有一点头发,看起来可能会很糟糕。
  • So some people decide to shave all their hair off before they go completely bald, because they think it looks better.
  • 因此,有些人决定在完全秃顶之前剃光所有头发,他们觉得这样看起来比较好。
  • My father and brother started going bald when they were quite young, but luckily I haven’t started going bald yet.
  • 我父亲和哥哥很年轻的时候就开始秃顶了,幸运的是,我还没开始秃顶。
  • If I did, I would probably shave all my hair off and start wearing a hat.
  • 如果我也开始秃了,我可能会剃光所有头发,开始戴帽子。
  • When you have an original idea, it is an idea that nobody else has had before.
  • 如果你有了original idea,是指以前从来没有人想到过的想法。
  • Steve Jobs was very famous for having original ideas.
  • 史蒂夫·乔布斯非常出名,因为他有独到的想法。
  • Before the iPhone, nobody had thought of making a phone like that. It was a very original idea.
  • 在iPhone问世之前,没有人想过要制造这样的手机。这是个非常创新的想法。
  • These days, it’s very hard to be original, because you can find almost anything on the internet.
  • 如今,很难保持原创,因为你几乎可以在互联网上找到任何东西。
  • When you remove something, you make it go away, you take it out.
  • 当你remove某个东西时,你会让它消失,把它拿走。
  • For example, if I am teaching a class and there is a very difficult student, a student making lots of problems, I might have to remove them from the class.
  • 比如,如果我在上课,有个很难搞的学生,一个制造很多麻烦的学生,我可能不得不把他们请出班级。
  • I don’t like doing this, however.
  • 不过,我不喜欢这样做。
  • If you find you keep eating chocolate and are getting very sick, then you might have to remove all the chocolate from your house.
  • 如果你发现自己一直想吃巧克力,而且病的很重,那你可能得清除家里所有的巧克力。
  • I don’t like doing this, either, but sometimes I have to!
  • 我也不喜欢这样做,但有时我会被迫这么做!
  • OK, so listen and enjoy!
  • 好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

OK, Ill just explain some words that are in todays story.

好的,我来解释一下今天故事中的几个单词。

A tattoo is a piece of art that you have on your skin, on your body.

tattoo是你皮肤和身体上的一种艺术品。

You go to a tattoo parlour to get a tattoo.

你去纹身店纹身。

People who work at tattoo parlours are called tattoo artists.

在纹身店工作的人被称为纹身师。

Tattoo artists take ink and push the ink into your skin to make a picture.

纹身艺术家会用墨水注入你的皮肤,制作出一幅图画。

People usually get black tattoos, but you can also get coloured tattoos.

人们通常会纹黑色的纹身,不过你也可以纹彩色的。

It hurts a lot to get a tattoo, because the artists use sharp things called needles to push the ink in.

纹身很疼,因为纹身师会用尖锐的东西--针头--把墨水注进皮肤里。

As you get older, tattoos look less pretty, but some people get tattoos all over their body.

随着年龄的增长,纹身会变得不那么漂亮,不过有些人全身都是纹身。

Common pictures for tattoos are roses, hearts, names of loved ones, skulls and so on.

常见的纹身图案有玫瑰、心形、亲人姓名、头骨等。

When you do something months in advance, you do it many months before you have to.

当你do something months in advance时,是指你会提前很多个月去做。

For example, if you want to go to a really expensive restaurant, you will probably have to book it months in advance.

例如,如果你想去一家非常昂贵的餐厅,你可能必须提前几个月预订。

Or if you want to go and see a popular show like Hamilton, you will have to buy tickets months in advance.

或者,如果你想去看像汉密尔顿这样受欢迎的演出,你必须提前几个月买票。

When you lie, you say something that isnt true.

当你lie的时候,你说的不是真话。

For example, if I tell you, ‘Hi, Im Queen Elizabeth,’ thats a lie, because its not true. I am not Queen Elizabeth.

例如,如果我对你说,‘嗨,我是伊丽莎白女王’,那就是撒谎,因为这不是真的。我不是伊丽莎白女王。

Children often lie when they dont want their parents to get angry at them.

孩子们经常撒谎,因为他们不想让父母生气。

Sometimes people lie because it is very hard to say the truth.

有时人们撒谎是因为真相很难说出口。

Squares, triangles and circles are all shapes.

Squaretrianglecircle都是形状。

Shapes are very important in mathematics. Geometry is the study of shapes.

形状在数学中非常重要。几何学是研究形状的学科。

Anxious means worried. Everyone gets worried, but not everyone gets anxious.

焦虑意味着担心。每个人都会担心,但不是每个人都会焦虑。

Anxious is when you are very, very worried. If you get anxious often, then you have anxiety.

焦虑是指你非常非常担心的时候。如果你经常感到焦虑,那你就有焦虑症。

If you have anxiety, you might have to take pills, medicine, to make you feel less anxious.

如果你有焦虑症,可能得吃药,减轻焦虑感。

Hide, and the past tense is hid, and the past participle is hidden, is when you make it so people cant see something.

Hide,过去式是hid,过去分词是hidden,是指让别人看不见某个东西。

For example, maybe you are eating chocolate, but you dont want other people to see it, because then they will want to eat the chocolate.

例如,也许你在吃巧克力,但你不想让其他人看到,不然他们也会想吃你的巧克力。

So you hide the chocolate in the cupboard so that they wont see it. Now the chocolate is hidden.

于是你把巧克力藏在柜子里,这样他们就看不到了。巧克力就是被藏起来了。

Of course, if something is hidden for a long time, you might forget its there.

当然,如果某样东西被藏了很长时间,你可能会忘记它在那里。

Your bum is a part of your body.

你的bum是身体的一部分。

Your bum is at the back of your body, below your back and above your legs.

你的屁股在身体后面,在你的背部之下,腿之上。

You sit on your bum.

你会用屁股去坐。

To be honest, people dont like talking about bums very much because its rude.

其实,人们不太喜欢谈论屁股,因为这显得比较粗鲁。

Bumis a word that children often use, or a word that we use with friends.

Bum’通常是孩子们会使用,或者我们在朋友间使用。

When you treat someone like something, you act like they are that thing.

当你treat someone like something时,是指你把他们当成东西去对待。

For example, if you treat someone like they are your pet, you will not listen to what they say, and just make them do things for you.

例如,如果你把某人当成你的宠物一样去对待,就不会倾听他们的心声,只会让他们去为你做事。

Your boss might treat you like a pet: ‘Go and get me coffee! Sit down!’

你的老板可能会像宠物一样对待你:‘去给我拿咖啡来!坐下!’

More generally, you can treat someone well or treat someone badly.

更广泛地说,你可以善待某人,也可以亏待某人。

If you sit down and start barking like a dog, woof woof, then your boss will probably treat you like you are very strange.

如果你坐下来开始像狗一样吠叫,汪汪,那你的老板可能会把你当个怪人对待。

A barber is someone who cuts your hair.

barber是给你理发的人。

Generally, hairdressers cut peoples hair, but barbers specifically cut mens hair.

一般来说,美发师给所有人理发,但理发师专为男性理发。

Because mens hair is usually shorter, the styles are different, so many men go to barbers.

因为男士的头发通常较短,发型也不同,所以很多男士都会去理发店。

Barbers can also cut your beard, but hairdressers dont cut beards.

理发师还可以给你剃胡子,但美发师不会剃胡子。

When you shave your hair off, you take a razor, a sharp knife, and cut all your hair off.

当你shave your hair off的时候,是指拿把剃刀,拿把锋利的刀,把所有头发都剪掉。

When men get older, they often start losing their hair. They start going bald.

当人们变老时,通常会开始掉头发。他们开始秃顶。

When you are completely bald, you have no hair on your head.

当你完全秃顶时,头上就没有头发了。

Of course, many people take a long time to go completely bald, and it can look bad if you only have some hair on your head.

当然,许多人完全秃顶要花上很长时间,如果你头上只有一点头发,看起来可能会很糟糕。

So some people decide to shave all their hair off before they go completely bald, because they think it looks better.

因此,有些人决定在完全秃顶之前剃光所有头发,他们觉得这样看起来比较好。

My father and brother started going bald when they were quite young, but luckily I havent started going bald yet.

我父亲和哥哥很年轻的时候就开始秃顶了,幸运的是,我还没开始秃顶。

If I did, I would probably shave all my hair off and start wearing a hat.

如果我也开始秃了,我可能会剃光所有头发,开始戴帽子。

When you have an original idea, it is an idea that nobody else has had before.

如果你有了original idea,是指以前从来没有人想到过的想法。

Steve Jobs was very famous for having original ideas.

史蒂夫·乔布斯非常出名,因为他有独到的想法。

Before the iPhone, nobody had thought of making a phone like that. It was a very original idea.

iPhone问世之前,没有人想过要制造这样的手机。这是个非常创新的想法。

These days, its very hard to be original, because you can find almost anything on the internet.

如今,很难保持原创,因为你几乎可以在互联网上找到任何东西。

When you remove something, you make it go away, you take it out.

当你remove某个东西时,你会让它消失,把它拿走。

For example, if I am teaching a class and there is a very difficult student, a student making lots of problems, I might have to remove them from the class.

比如,如果我在上课,有个很难搞的学生,一个制造很多麻烦的学生,我可能不得不把他们请出班级。

I dont like doing this, however.

不过,我不喜欢这样做。

If you find you keep eating chocolate and are getting very sick, then you might have to remove all the chocolate from your house.

如果你发现自己一直想吃巧克力,而且病的很重,那你可能得清除家里所有的巧克力。

I dont like doing this, either, but sometimes I have to!

我也不喜欢这样做,但有时我会被迫这么做!

OK, so listen and enjoy!

好了,接下来请欣赏故事吧!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆
razor ['reizə]

想一想再看

n. 剃刀

联想记忆
remove [ri'mu:v]

想一想再看

v. 消除,除去,脱掉,搬迁
n. 去除

联想记忆
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
triangle ['traiæŋgl]

想一想再看

n. 三角(形)

联想记忆
anxiety [æŋ'zaiəti]

想一想再看

n. 焦虑,担心,渴望

 
rude [ru:d]

想一想再看

adj. 粗鲁的,无礼的
adj. 粗糙

 
shave [ʃeiv]

想一想再看

n. 修面,刮胡子
vt. 修面,剃,擦过,消

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 萝卜公主(中) 2025-01-24
  • 萝卜公主(下) 2025-01-28
  • 非常饥饿的龙(上) 2025-01-31
  • 非常饥饿的龙(中) 2025-02-04
  • 非常饥饿的龙(下) 2025-02-07
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。