Journey to the West Chapter 46 One Thousand Pills
《西游记》第四十六章:一千颗药丸
The Tang Monk glared at Wukong.
唐僧瞪着悟空。
"Bajie says you can bring the king back to life," said the monk.
“八戒说你可以让国王起死回生的。” 唐僧说,
"Please do so now." Wukong shot a look at Bajie. Bajie was trying not to laugh.
“救救他吧。”悟空看了八戒一眼。八戒忍着笑。
"Master, use the Tight Headband spell!" said Bajie.
“师父,念紧箍咒吧!” 八戒说。
"Don't!" cried Wukong. "I'll ask Laozi for help. He makes pills that can make people live forever.
“不要!” 悟空大叫道,“我去请太上老君帮忙。他做的药丸可以让人长生不老。
Maybe he makes pills that can bring people back to life."
也许他也有让人起死回生的药丸。”
Laozi was busy working on a potion. Steam rose from the bubbling cauldron.
太上老君正忙着做药水。丹炉里不断地冒着蒸汽。
Suddenly Wukong burst into the room. "Hello, Laozi!" Laozi groaned.
突然,悟空冲了进来,说:“你好啊,太上老君!”太上老君叹了口气说:
"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be helping the Tang Monk reach the Western Paradise."
“你来这里干什么?你应该是在护送唐僧去西天的路上啊。”
Wukong walked around the room, looking at all the bottles and equipment.
悟空在房间里到处走,翻看了所有瓶瓶罐罐。
"I'm still helping the Tang Monk," he said. "We're helping a king right now though."
“我是在护送唐僧啊。” 他说,“我们现在在帮一个国王。”
He poked a blue bottle filled with liquid. Laozi was surprised.
他伸手碰了碰一个蓝色瓶子。瓶子里装满了液体。
"Don't touch anything. Just tell me why you're here."
太上老君吓了一跳,说:“什么都别碰。告诉我你来这里干什么。”
"I need pills that will bring someone back to life," said Wukong. "Give me one thousand of them."
“我需要一种能让人起死回生的药丸。” 悟空说,“给我一千颗。”
Laozi stopped what he was doing and walked over to Wukong.
太上老君停下了手头的事情,走向了悟空。
"How dare you tell me to give you one thousand pills!" he said. "Get out of here right now!"
“你居然敢向我要一千颗药丸!” 他说,“出去!”
Wukong laughed. "I'm kidding. I don't really need one thousand pills.
悟空大笑。“我在开玩笑。我并不是真的需要一千颗。
Just give me one hundred, and then I'll leave."
给我一百颗,我马上走。”
Laozi squeezed his hands into fists. "I'm not giving you any pills. Now get out of here!"
太上老君握紧拳头。“我一颗都不会给你。出去!”
Wukong scratched his head, pretending to think.
悟空挠了挠脑袋,装作正在思考的样子。
"Now that I think about it, I don't need one hundred pills. Just give me ten."
“我想一想。我也不需要一百颗,就给我十颗吧。”
"You are rude!" yelled Laozi. "Get out!" "I really just need one pill," said Wukong.
“你好大的胆子!” 太上老君大叫,“出去!”“其实,我只需要一颗药丸。” 悟空说,
"Give me that. ""Get out!"shouted Laozi.
“给我吧。”“出去!” 太上老君大喊道。
Wukong sighed and then left. Laozi went back to his potion and stirred. But then he stopped.
悟空叹了口气,离开了。太上老君回到了丹炉旁,继续搅拌。这时,他停了下来。
"That monkey will definitely come back and cause trouble," he said to himself.
“那猴子一定会回来惹麻烦的。” 他自言自语道,
"I should just give him a pill." The sage opened a jar and took out a pill.
“我应该给他一颗的。”太上老君打开了一个罐子,拿出了一颗药丸。
He went outside and found Wukong waiting for him. "Hello again," said Wukong.
他走到外面,发现悟空正在等他。“又见面啦。” 悟空说,
"I was just trying to decide what sort of trouble I could cause for you."
“我正在想我要给你惹点什么麻烦好呢。”
Laozi frowned, shoving the pill toward Wukong. "Take this and leave. "
太上老君皱起了眉头,把药丸给了悟空。“给你,走吧。”
Wukong returned to the monastery. Everyone watched as Wukong put the pill in the king's mouth.
悟空回到了寺院。大家看着悟空把药丸放进了国王的嘴里。
Light sparkled around the king, and then his eyes popped open. The king sat up and looked at Wukong.
国王全身开始发光。他突然睁开了眼睛,坐了起来,看着悟空。
"You... saved me," the king said. "I'm alive again!" He turned and saw the prince standing nearby.
“你……你救了我。” 国王说,“我又活过来了!” 他转身看到了站在身边的王子。
"My son!" "Father!" said the prince. He took his father's hands and bowed his head.
“我的儿子!”“父亲!” 王子说。他握住父亲的手,低头行礼。
"I've missed you. It's time for you to return to your palace." The prince led everyone to the palace.
“我很想念你。现在是您回宫的时候了。”王子领着所有人回到了王宫。
They walked past guards and went into the throne room. The prince kneeled down before the Daoist.
他们从卫兵面前走过,进入了正殿。王子在道士面前跪下。
"Greetings, son," said the Daoist. "Who are these people?" The prince stood up.
“你好,我的儿子。” 道士说,“他们是什么人?”王子站了起来。
"This is the Tang Monk. He is going to the Western Paradise to get scriptures from Buddha. These three are his followers. "
“这是唐僧。他要去西天佛祖那里取经。这三位是他的徒弟。”
The Daoist looked at a person standing near them. The person was wearing a hood.
道士看了看站在他们身边的人。那人穿着斗篷。
"Who is that man wearing the hood?"
“穿斗篷的那个人是谁?”
The man pulled the hood back and showed his face. The Daoist gasped.
那个人摘下帽子,露出了脸。道士大吃一惊:
"The king!" Wukong pulled out his iron bar and leaped toward the Daoist.
“国王!”悟空抽出了金箍棒朝着道士打下去。
The Daoist snapped his fingers and vanished.
道士打了个响指,消失不见了。