In the broad scene, people recognize me as one of the top contenders.
广义上,人们公认我是最有力的竞争者之一。
I do have a bit of a target, because I've been performing well.
我确实有一个目标,因为我一直表现很出色。
Vancouver hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics.
温哥华主办了2010年冬季奥运会。
I remember the energy.
我记得当时的那股力量。
To be here and, knowing that now I'll be a part of it is kind of a crazy feeling.
来到这里,知道现在我将成为其中的一员,这种感觉有点疯狂。
I'm ranked number one in the world.
我是世界第一。
I don't really see myself not being on the podium.
我真的无法想象如果自己没有站在颁奖台上会怎么样。
And so, there is a lot of pressure.
因此,我有很大的压力。
I fight for breaking the community.
我为打破社区而战。
Because I think we're showing ourselves for the first time on such a big scale, and I want people to fall in love with it the way I did.
因为我认为我们是第一次在如此大的规模上展示自己,我希望人们可以像我一样爱上它。
So we're on our way to my parents place.
我们在去我父母家的路上。
We're going to have a nice dinner together.
我们要一起吃顿丰盛的晚餐。
My parents are a big part of why I want to push myself to go further.
我的父母是推动我走得更远的重要原因。
You know, it's more than just me now.
你知道的,现在不只是我一个人了。
They had sacrificed so much.
他们牺牲了太多。
All they wanted for us was stability with a good life.
他们对我们的全部期望就是过上稳定的生活。
We are traditional Korean family.
我们是传统的韩国家庭。
We want our son going to finish the university.
我们希望我们的儿子可以完成大学学业。
Breakdancer - not really a good future.
霹雳舞者——未来前景不太好。
He pushed himself.
他逼迫自己。
Practiced, and practiced.
练习,再练习。
I dealt with a lot of insecurity kind of growing up, but breaking was kind of my place to forget that almost.
我在成长过程中经历了很多不安,但霹雳舞几乎是我忘却这些的地方。
When you were actually dancing, you didn't think like, “Oh, I'm good.”
当你真正在跳舞的时候,你不会去想,“哦,我跳得很好。”
You just like, were in that flow state and just kind of going with it.
你就像,处于那种流动的状态,只是顺其自然。
But I remember when I was a kid, Mom told me that… I don't do cool stuff, I just do weird stuff a lot.
但是我记得小时候,妈妈告诉我……我不会做很酷的事,我只是经常做奇怪的事。
My Starting Line is coming to the studio.
我的起跑线即演播。
And for me the why has always been because I love to dance.
而对我来说,真正的原因一直是因为我喜欢跳舞。
I saw Breaking on the streets of Vancouver, and the very first crew that I saw, a local crew called the Now or Never Crew.
我在温哥华的街头看到了霹雳舞,这是我看到的第一个团体,是一个当地的团体,叫做NoworNeverCrew。
You know, they were spinning on their heads they were doing these crazy flips.
你知道的,他们倒立旋转,他们在做这些疯狂的空翻。
They were doing things that I had never seen before, and it just kind of blew me away.
他们在做一些我以前从未见过的事情,这让我感到非常惊讶。
It was a funny coincidence that one of those dancers, Jheric, actually came to my school, my elementary school at the time, and they were teaching us hip hop choreography, gave me a card, and I started taking classes, and I just kind of fell in love with it.
这是一个有趣的巧合,其中一个舞者,杰里克,来到了我的学校,我当时的小学。他们在教我们嘻哈编舞,给了我一张卡片,我开始上课,然后我就爱上了它。
What I really remembered about him, we taught him the basic step.
我印象最深的事情,是我们在教他基本的步骤。
It was called The Three Step, and out of all the kids, he had the most creative way of doing it.
被称为“三步舞”,在所有孩子中,他的表演方式最具创意。
Right away, you could tell there was something special about him.
马上,你就能看出他有些与众不同。
Most people have like a bald spot from spinning on your head.
大多数人在倒立旋转后头顶都会有一个秃斑。
It was spinning today, so I don't know if it's bleeding now, but it was bleeding.
我今天一直在旋转,所以我不知道头现在是否在流血,但之前在流血。
But you just reopen spots a lot, because you're kind of on the same. It’s like a lot of wear and tear.
但是你只是经常在几个点,因为你有点像在同一个地方摩擦,这就会有很多擦伤。
This is the infamous Robson Square where Vancouver hip hop dance culture pretty much started.
这就是声名狼藉的罗布森广场,温哥华嘻哈舞蹈文化差不多就是从这里开始的。
It's open spaces that everyone feel free to just come and hang around selling and training, whatever you want to, not just breaking, hip hop, poppin… I think I remember calling specifically.
这里空间开阔,每个人都可以自由地来这里闲逛、售卖、训练,做任何你想做的事情,不仅仅是霹雳舞、嘻哈舞、机械舞……我想我记得特别打过电话。
So I saw the power and I was like, It was always like easy.
所以我看到了这种力量,我就想,这总是很容易的。
Robson Square is like what I consider kind of my second home.
罗布森广场就像是我心目中的第二个家。
For the longest time, I would come back from school, do my homework, whatever, and then I would go there from like maybe 9 p.m. to like 11 or 12 p.m..
在很长一段时间里,我会从学校回来,做我的家庭作业,诸如此类,然后我会在晚上9点左右去那里,一直到晚上11点或12点。
It definitely played a huge part in my early days.
它在我的早期肯定发挥了巨大的作用。
- Korean food?
- 韩国食物?
- Yeah, it’s a good place.
- 是的,这是个好地方。
Oh nice.
哦,不错。
- Jheric, this is called Haemul Pajeon.
- 杰里克,这道菜叫做海鲜葱饼。
- It's like a seafood pancake.
- 它就像一个海鲜煎饼。
Mom makes it at home.
妈妈在家会做这个煎饼。
With Jheric and Taio with all my friends, it's so important to have people that understand the lifestyle that I live and that support has meant the world to me.
和杰里克、泰奥以及我所有的朋友在一起,有理解我生活方式的人是如此重要,他们的支持对我来说意味着整个世界。
When I teach at the schools.
当我在学校教书的时候。
Like, “Breaking is going to be in the Olympics this year.”
就像,“霹雳舞今年要进入奥运会了。”
and everybody is like, “What?”
然后每个人都像是在说,“什么?”
I was in Vegas last week.
我上周在拉斯维加斯。
Tons of kids.
无数的孩子。
If you go to Asia, it's insane.
如果你去亚洲,那简直是疯了。
And I think that's the nice thing about the Olympics is people start pushing.
我认为奥运会的美妙之处在于,人们开始努力。
It raises the level like the overall level of breaking.
它提高了水平,就像打破的整体水平一样。
Yeah, I feel like I'm like drinking the food right now.
是的,我感觉我现在就像在喝食物。
Korean food is the best.
韩国食物是最好的。
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
一,二,三,四,五,六,七,八。
One, two, three.
一,二,三。
When I teach kids, I really teach just the foundation, creating the top rock.
当我教孩子的时候,我真的只是教基础,打基础。
Look up, look up, look up.
抬头,抬头,抬头。
You get down.
下来。
Nice.
好的。
Footwork.
步法。
It's good.
很好。
And then you do your freeze.
然后定住不动。
Everybody should try something different.
每个人都应该尝试一些不同的东西。
Add your version of that Crazy to think.
把你的 “疯狂 ”加进去想一想。
Jheric, he was the one that started me along the path and he still supports me today.
杰里克,是他让我走上了这条道路,如今他仍然支持着我。
Would never imagine the breaking is going to be an Olympic sport.
永远无法想象,这项运动竟然会成为奥运会的比赛项目。
And now having Phil represent Canada is a really big deal.
而现在菲尔代表加拿大出战是一件非常重要的事情。
Okay, hips forward.
好的,臀部向前。
Like you're marching into that turf.
就像你正在进军那个地盘。
Leading up to the Paris Olympics, My motto has always been: stay ready, so you don't have to get ready.
在备战巴黎奥运会期间,我的座右铭一直是:时刻准备着,这样你就不必临时抱佛脚。
We're going to single leg deadlift.
我们要做单腿硬拉。
Breaking is extremely physically demanding.
霹雳舞对身体的要求极高。
Working with the trainer has helped me kind of balance out my body.
与教练一起训练帮助我平衡身体。
I do a lot of, like, high intensity interval training.
我做了很多,像是高强度间歇训练。
Drive, drive, drive.
前进,前进,前进。
Let's go.
一起来。
And that helps significantly with stamina.
并且这对耐力有很大帮助。
Nice.
很好。
My objective is to make sure I'm giving him the physical tools that he needs to accomplish the creative whatever is coming in his head.
我的目标是确保我给他提供他所需的锻炼,以完成他脑海中浮现的任何创意。
Give me a little pause right here.
在这里稍微暂停一下。
And that he's able to just keep training and stay healthy.
并且他能够继续训练并保持健康。
2017, that was kind of the pivotal moment for me.
2017年 对我来说是一个关键时刻
I had graduated high school.
我已经高中毕业。
I was in university.
我当时在大学。
It was not what I wanted to do, but my parents really wanted me to do it.
这不是我想做的事,而是我父母真的想让我上大学。
I was struggling mentally almost every day, being like, “What am I going to do with my life?”
我几乎每天都在精神挣扎,想着,“我这辈子该怎么办?”
He told me, “Father, going to university, it’s like going to prison.
他告诉我,“父亲,上大学,就像进监狱一样。”
I want more of a free life.”
我想要更多的自由生活。
I just like to dance.
我只是喜欢跳舞。
And I knew it was such a small percentage that actually make it.
而且我知道,实际上只有很小的一部分人能够成功。
So this event was like a last ditch effort of like, if I won this event, then I would actually pursue this.
所以这件事就像是做最后的努力,如果我赢了,那么我回去追求我的梦想。
If you think about it like that, you should be free to live your life.
如果像那样,你应该可以自由地过自己的生活。
I told my parents at that time, like, this is what I really wanted to do.
我当时告诉我父母,就像,这就是我真正想做的。
Just give me a few years to kind of prove and show you that I can do this.
只需要给我几年的时间来证明并向你展示我能做到这一点。
And luckily, we have not had to have that conversation after that.
幸运的是,在那之后我们就不必再进行那样的对话了。
I’m not just fighting for myself.
我不只是为自己而战。
I fight for my family, I fight for my crews, and then now my country.
我为我的家人而战,我为我的队员而战,现在我为我的国家而战。
If I live with too much stress, you want to do really good sometimes -- - It changes your performance.
如果我生活在太大的压力下,你有时会想要做得非常好——这会改变你的表现。
Yeah.
是的。
I think for the Olympics, I want to show something new.
我认为对于奥运会,我想展示一些新的东西。
To be honest, like the Olympics was never big for me personally.
说实话,奥运会对我个人来说从来都不是什么大事。
I was never into sports.
我从来没有喜欢过体育运动。
Like I just watched Breaking.
就像我刚刚看了《绝命毒师》。
I'm very fortunate now that this is kind of part of my life.
我现在非常幸运,因为这已经成为我生活的一部分。
I'm going to keep going.
我要继续前进。
After the Olympics, the next day, I'm going to go back to train.
奥运会结束后的第二天,我就要回去训练了。
The next week, I have another event.
下一周,我有另一个活动。
I'm doing all of it.
我正在所有事。
At the end of the day, I do this because I love to break.
在一天结束的时候,归根结底,我这样做是因为我喜欢霹雳舞。