手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 国外媒体资讯 > 华盛顿邮报 > 正文

两大嘻哈界巨头之争(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Did Drake ever take shots at Kendrick?
  • 德雷克曾经抨击过肯德里克吗??
  • So, the way Drake take shots is very almost Jay- Z-like where he will say things that only you know apply to you.
  • 因此,德雷克拍摄的方式非常像 Jay-Z,他会说一些只有你自己知道适用于你的事情。
  • [laughs] Oh, is that what Jay-Z does?
  • [笑]哦,这是Jay-Z做的吗?
  • Yes.
  • 是。
  • Yes.
  • 是。
  • So like, This diss is for you. This is for you.
  • 就像,“这是给你的。这是给你的。”
  • But no one else knows.No one else knows it's for you, and it's going to be a huge pop song.
  • 但没有其他人知道。没有人知道这是给你的,这将是一首轰动一时的流行歌曲。
  • So we're going to be -- People are going to hear it on the radio.
  • 所以我们会--人们会在收音机里听到它。
  • They're gonna sing it in the clubs, but only you know I'm talking about you.
  • 他们会在俱乐部唱这首歌,但只有你知道我说的是你。
  • It's like a troll almost.
  • 它几乎就像一个巨魔。
  • Yes, yes.
  • 是的,是的。
  • It makes you look crazy, 'cause you're like, "He's talking about me."
  • 这让你看起来很疯狂,因为你就像,“他在说我。
  • Like, "No, you're not.
  • 就像,“不,你不是。”
  • Yeah, this is like a super popular song at the club.
  • 是啊,这就像是俱乐部里的一首超级流行歌曲。
  • Yeah.
  • 嗯。
  • Okay, so these two rappers started criticizing each other in their music more or less about a decade ago.
  • 好的,这两个说唱歌手大约在十年前开始在他们的音乐中互相批评。
  • So let's now come to today because this feels like it just came out of nowhere.
  • 现在让我们回到今天,因为这感觉就像是不知从哪里冒出来的。
  • Yeah.
  • 嗯。
  • How and when did this rap beef come back into, you know, our consciousness?
  • 这场说唱争斗是如何以及何时重新进入我们的意识的?
  • So, there's been kind of, like, a cold war between the two of them, but Drake and J.Cole released a song called "First Person Shooter" in October of last year, and that really reignited this beef.
  • 所以,他们两人之间有一种冷战的感觉,但德雷克和J 科尔在去年10月发布了一首名为《第一人称枪手》的歌曲,这真的重新点燃了这场争论。
  • And on the song, J.Cole essentially calls he, Kendrick and Drake the big three of rap music.
  • 在这首歌里,J 科尔称他、肯德里克和德雷克为说唱音乐界的三巨头。
  • The Mount Rush
  • 拉什莫尔山.
  • Minus one.
  • 减一个。
  • Minus one.
  • 减一个。
  • And Kendrick on a later song called "Like That" -- it was with Future -- said, "There is no big three.It's just big me."
  • 肯德里克在后来的一首名为《Like That》的歌曲中--这首歌是和Future一起唱的--说:“没有三大巨头,只有我这个大块头。”
  • And we should say he said some other words in this song, which we are going to bleep.
  • 我们应该说,他在这首歌中说了一些其他的话,我们将对其进行 "哔 "声处理。。
  • And that response was so pointed that Drake couldn't feign that he wasn't talking about him.
  • 这个回答是如此尖锐,以至于德雷克不能假装他不是在谈论他。
  • Okay, so it sort of sounds like at this point now, we have almost like a championship fight brewing, if I'm thinking like in boxing terms.
  • 好吧,现在听起来,如果我用拳击术语来说的话,我们正在酝酿一场冠军争夺战。
  • So then what was the response from Drake to that?
  • 那么,德雷克对此有何反应?
  • So you will have to fast-forward to April of this year, and Drake finally releases a song called "Push Ups."
  • 所以你得快进到今年四月,德雷克终于推出了一首名为《俯卧撑》的歌曲。
  • And I think if we're going to stick with the fight analogy, it's not like the knockout everyone was expecting, but it was more of like, "I'm here. You have my attention.Let's do this."
  • 我认为如果我们坚持打斗的比喻,这并不像每个人期待的那样被击倒,而更像是,“我在这里.你引起了我的注意,开始战斗吧。”
  • And then in true Drake fashion, he releases another song before Kendrick even responds.
  • 然后,在肯德里克做出回应之前,他以真正的德雷克方式发布了另一首歌。
  • And that song was called "Taylor Made."
  • 那首歌叫《泰勒制造》。
  • Now, that song is interesting because there's, like, an A.I.Element to it.
  • 现在,这首歌很有趣,因为有,就像有AI的元素一样。
  • Like, he re-enacts Tupac and Snoop Dogg's voice on the song, using A.I.
  • 比如,他在歌曲中重新演绎了图帕克和史努比·道格的声音,使用了A.I..
  • So he basically uses technology to mimic Tupac Shakur.
  • 因此,他基本上是用技术来模仿图帕克·沙库尔。
  • Yes.
  • 是。
  • On his song. And Snoop Dogg, and Tupac Shakur is not alive.
  • 在他的歌里面。史努比-道格,图帕克-夏库尔已经不在人世了。
  • Right.
  • 是的。
  • That to me, felt and seemed very controversial, right?
  • 我觉得,感觉看起来都很有争议,对吗?
  • One, because that is one of Kendrick's idols.
  • 其一,因为那是肯德里克的偶像之一。
  • So it was very pointed.
  • 所以它是非常尖锐的。
  • Very pointed.
  • 非常尖锐。
  • And in the song, he's using the voice of Tupac to encourage him to diss Drake.
  • 在这首歌中,他用图帕克的声音鼓励他贬低德雷克。
  • I see.
  • 我明白了。
  • So it's like this manipulative -- So, what was the response?
  • 这就像是操纵性的--那么,人们的反应是什么?
  • I mean, is that even legal?
  • 我是说,这合法吗?
  • So, the Tupac estate came to him and made him take down that song.
  • 于是,图帕克的遗产公司找到他,让他把那首歌撤下来。
  • He took down the song.
  • 他撤下了这首歌
  • Snoop Dogg really hasn't commented on the use of it, but it is no longer on streaming, and it is no longer on any official page of Drake's.
  • 史努比 道格真的还没有对它的使用发表评论,但它不再在流媒体上,也不再在德雷克的任何官方页面上了。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Did Drake ever take shots at Kendrick?

德雷克曾经抨击过肯德里克吗??

So, the way Drake take shots is very almost Jay- Z-like where he will say things that only you know apply to you.

因此,德雷克拍摄的方式非常像 Jay-Z,他会说一些只有你自己知道适用于你的事情。

[laughs] Oh, is that what Jay-Z does?

[笑]哦,这是Jay-Z做的吗?

Yes.

是。

Yes.

是。

So like, This diss is for you. This is for you.

就像,“这是给你的。这是给你的。”

But no one else knows.No one else knows it's for you, and it's going to be a huge pop song.

但没有其他人知道。没有人知道这是给你的,这将是一首轰动一时的流行歌曲。

So we're going to be -- People are going to hear it on the radio.

所以我们会--人们会在收音机里听到它。

They're gonna sing it in the clubs, but only you know I'm talking about you.

他们会在俱乐部唱这首歌,但只有你知道我说的是你。

It's like a troll almost.

它几乎就像一个巨魔。

Yes, yes.

是的,是的。

It makes you look crazy, 'cause you're like, "He's talking about me."

这让你看起来很疯狂,因为你就像,“他在说我。

Like, "No, you're not.

就像,“不,你不是。”

Yeah, this is like a super popular song at the club.

是啊,这就像是俱乐部里的一首超级流行歌曲。

Yeah.

嗯。

Okay, so these two rappers started criticizing each other in their music more or less about a decade ago.

好的,这两个说唱歌手大约在十年前开始在他们的音乐中互相批评。

So let's now come to today because this feels like it just came out of nowhere.

现在让我们回到今天,因为这感觉就像是不知从哪里冒出来的。

Yeah.

嗯。

How and when did this rap beef come back into, you know, our consciousness?

这场说唱争斗是如何以及何时重新进入我们的意识的?

So, there's been kind of, like, a cold war between the two of them, but Drake and J.Cole released a song called "First Person Shooter" in October of last year, and that really reignited this beef.

所以,他们两人之间有一种冷战的感觉,但德雷克和J 科尔在去年10月发布了一首名为《第一人称枪手》的歌曲,这真的重新点燃了这场争论。

And on the song, J.Cole essentially calls he, Kendrick and Drake the big three of rap music.

在这首歌里,J 科尔称他、肯德里克和德雷克为说唱音乐界的三巨头。

The Mount Rush

拉什莫尔山.

Minus one.

减一。

Minus one.

减一。

And Kendrick on a later song called "Like That" -- it was with Future -- said, "There is no big three.It's just big me."

肯德里克在后来的一首名为《Like That》的歌曲中--这首歌是和Future一起唱的--说:“没有三大巨头,只有我这个大块头。”

And we should say he said some other words in this song, which we are going to bleep.

我们应该说,他在这首歌中说了一些其他的话,我们将对其进行 "哔 "声处理。。

And that response was so pointed that Drake couldn't feign that he wasn't talking about him.

这个回答是如此尖锐,以至于德雷克不能假装他不是在谈论他。

Okay, so it sort of sounds like at this point now, we have almost like a championship fight brewing, if I'm thinking like in boxing terms.

好吧,现在听起来,如果我用拳击术语来说的话,我们正在酝酿一场冠军争夺战。

So then what was the response from Drake to that?

那么,德雷克对此有何反应?

So you will have to fast-forward to April of this year, and Drake finally releases a song called "Push Ups."

所以你得快进到今年四月,德雷克终于推出了一首名为《俯卧撑》的歌曲。

And I think if we're going to stick with the fight analogy, it's not like the knockout everyone was expecting, but it was more of like, "I'm here. You have my attention.Let's do this."

我认为如果我们坚持打斗的比喻,这并不像每个人期待的那样被击倒,而更像是,“我在这里.你引起了我的注意,开始战斗吧。”

And then in true Drake fashion, he releases another song before Kendrick even responds.

然后,在肯德里克做出回应之前,他以真正的德雷克方式发布了另一首歌。

And that song was called "Taylor Made."

那首歌叫《泰勒制造》。

Now, that song is interesting because there's, like, an A.I.Element to it.

现在,这首歌很有趣,因为有,就像有AI的元素一样。

Like, he re-enacts Tupac and Snoop Dogg's voice on the song, using A.I.

比如,他在歌曲中重新演绎了图帕克和史努比·道格的声音,使用了A.I..

So he basically uses technology to mimic Tupac Shakur.

因此,他基本上是用技术来模仿图帕克·沙库尔。

Yes.

是。

On his song. And Snoop Dogg, and Tupac Shakur is not alive.

在他的歌。史努比-道格,图帕克-夏库尔已经不在人世了。

Right.

是的。

That to me, felt and seemed very controversial, right?

对我来说,感觉看起来都很有争议,对吗?

One, because that is one of Kendrick's idols.

其一,因为那是肯德里克的偶像之一。

Mm.

嗯。

So it was very pointed.

所以它是非常尖锐的。

Very pointed.

非常尖锐。

And in the song, he's using the voice of Tupac to encourage him to diss Drake.

在这首歌中,他用图帕克的声音鼓励他贬低德雷克。

I see.

我明白了。

So it's like this manipulative -- So, what was the response?

这就像是操纵性的--那么,人们的反应是什么?

I mean, is that even legal?

我是说,这合法吗?

So, the Tupac estate came to him and made him take down that song.

于是,图帕克的遗产公司找到他,让他把那首歌撤下来。

He took down the song.

他撤下了这首歌

Snoop Dogg really hasn't commented on the use of it, but it is no longer on streaming, and it is no longer on any official page of Drake's.

史努比 道格真的还没有对它的使用发表评论,但它不再在流媒体上,也不再在德雷克的任何官方页面上了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
element ['elimənt]

想一想再看

n. 元素,成分,组成部分,(复数)恶劣天气

 
estate [is'teit]

想一想再看

n. 财产,房地产,状态,遗产

联想记忆
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
consciousness ['kɔnʃəsnis]

想一想再看

n. 意识,知觉,自觉,觉悟

联想记忆
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 
controversial [.kɔntrə'və:ʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 引起争论的,有争议的

联想记忆
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

联想记忆
decade ['dekeid]

想一想再看

n. 十年

联想记忆
feign [fein]

想一想再看

vt. 假装,捏造 vi. 假装,装作

 
manipulative [mə'nipjuleitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 操纵的,巧妙处理的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。