Oh hey everyone ! here in the United States,it's almost time for Thanksgiving.
哦,嗨,大家好!在美国,感恩节快到了。
That's a date when you get your friends and family together to eat a big tasty meal .
这是一个让你的朋友和家人聚在一起吃一顿美味大餐的日子。
So squeaks and i are planning dinner and making a shopping list.
所以,我和高克正在准备晚餐,并列一份购物清单。
So far, we have mashed potatoes cranberry sauce Turkeygreen bean casserole.
到目前为止,我们有土豆泥、小红莓酱、火鸡绿豆砂锅。
Mmm i can't wait!
嗯,我都等不及了!
And we're going to have some of our favorite foods a huge block of cheese for squeaks of courseand a delicious pumpkin pie for me.
我们会有一些我们最喜欢的食物,一大块奶酪,当然,还有美味的南瓜派给我。
Oh wow!
哦,哇哦!
That's a great idea squeaks.
这是个好主意。
Squeaks suggested we make some of our friends favorite food too.
尖叫建议我们也给我们的一些朋友做最喜欢的食物。
That'll make our dinner really special.
这会让我们的晚餐变得很特别。
Okay, let's see who we have on our guest list.
好的,让我们看看我们的嘉宾名单上有谁。
First up is sam the bat.
首先上场的是蝙蝠山姆。
Oh hi everyone !
哦,大家好!
Sorry about that i got to the fort pretty early this morning.
很抱歉,我今天一大早就到堡垒了。
So i'm still a little sleepy.
所以我还是有点困。
Mr brown,hey ,Mr brown!
布朗先生,嘿,布朗先生!
Oh, hey good morning Sam!
哦,嗨,早上好,山姆!
You're here awfully early.
你来得太早了。
Yeah it's because i've made an amazing discovery a space rock check it out.
是的,这是因为我有了一个惊人的发现--太空岩石。
Whoa where did you find this?
哇,你在哪里找到这个的?
Well i was up late last night looking at the stars per usual.
我昨晚像往常一样熬夜看星星。
But this time there were lots of shooting stars.
但这一次有很多流星。
Bright light streaking across the sky and then when i went outside this morning, i found this super weird rock on the ground.
明亮的光线划过天空,今天早上当我走出去时,我在地上发现了这块超级奇怪的岩石。
It didn't look anything like the rocks around it and it looked so cool and different i had to bring it in for you to see.
它看起来一点也不像它周围的岩石,它看起来如此酷和不同,我不得不把它带进来让你看看。
I think it's from space.
我想是从太空来的。
Let me see .
让我想想。
You know sam .
你知道,萨姆。
I think this could be from space well.
我想这很可能是从太空传来的。
Everyone i think it's time to do some meteorite tests .
各位,我想是时候做些陨石测试了。
When we look up at the night sky, we mostly just see stars, but if you had a really powerful telescope you could also see that space is full of rocks just zooming around .
当我们抬头仰望夜空时,我们大多只看到星星,但如果你有一台非常强大的望远镜,你也可以看到太空中到处都是旋转的岩石。
These rocks come in all shapes and sizes and sometimes they get into the layer of air all around earth called the atmosphere .
这些岩石形状各异,大小不一,有时它们会进入地球周围的空气层,称为大气层。
And when they do they fall really fast toward the ground .
当它们这样做时,它们会以非常快的速度坠落到地面。
In fact, the rocks fall so fast that they start to get really hot as they move through the atmosphere.
事实上,岩石下落得如此之快,以至于当它们穿过大气层时,它们开始变得非常热。
And then they burn up and when they do they can leave a bright streak of light across the sky sound familiar,sam? that sounds like the shooting stars i saw.
然后它们燃烧起来,当它们燃烧时,它们会在天空中留下一道亮光,听起来很熟悉,山姆?那听起来就像我看到的流星。
Exactly when those rocks are burning up in our atmospherewe call them shooting stars or meteors.
确切地说,当这些岩石在我们的大气层中燃烧时,我们称之为流星或流星。
I mean they aren't really stars we just call them that because they're bright lights in the night sky like real stars are most of the time those meteors burn up nearly all the way so there's almost no rock left.
我的意思是,它们不是真正的恒星,我们只是这样称呼它们,因为它们是夜空中的亮光,就像真正的恒星一样,大多数时候,这些流星几乎一路燃烧,所以几乎没有留下任何岩石。
But sometimes pieces of rock make it all the way to earth's surface .
但有时,岩石会一路飞到地球表面。
If they hit the ground we call the meteorites most meteorites are small, usually no bigger than my hand.
如果它们落在地上,我们称之为陨石。大多数陨石都很小,通常不会比我的手大。
And they're made out of bits of crystal or iron crystals aren't rocks but they look a lot like them they're hard.
它们是由小块水晶或铁晶体制成的,它们不是岩石,但它们看起来很像它们,它们很坚硬。
Usually have lots of straight lines and are sometimes clear or a bit see through in places a lot like rock candy and iron is a really hard shiny metal.
通常有很多直线,在很多地方,比如冰糖,有时是清晰的或有点透明的,而铁是一种非常坚硬的有光泽的金属。
Okay,so you're saying that this could be a meteorite .
好的,所以你是说这可能是一颗陨石。
It could be, but let's run some tests to find out.
有可能,但让我们做一些测试来找出答案。
There are a lot of different rocks here on earth so there are some tests you can do right at home to see if you might have found a real meteorite.
地球上有许多不同的岩石,所以你可以在家里做一些测试,看看你是否发现了真正的陨石。
The tests have to do with the properties of the rock those are things you can observe or notice about it like its color and shape.
测试与岩石的性质有关,你可以观察或注意到它的颜色和形状。
And you've already finished the first test, sam .
而且你已经完成了第一次测试,山姆。
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
Well, the first test is to see whether your rock is like other rocks nearby does it match the other rocks in the area or does it stand out.
嗯,第一个测试是看你的岩石是否和附近的其他岩石一样,它是否与该地区的其他岩石相匹配,或者它是否突出。
So sam compared to other nearby rocks, was this one a different color or texture or shape .
因此,萨姆与附近的其他岩石相比,这块岩石的颜色、纹理或形状是否不同。
Hm none of the other rocks nearby looked or felt like it the other rocks were all gray or red and they were all round.
嗯,附近的其他岩石看起来或摸起来都不像,其他的岩石都是灰色或红色的,它们都是圆形的。
All right.
好的。
Let's move on to the second test color meteorites get to earth after burning through the atmosphere and when they burnthey normally change colors .
让我们继续第二个测试,颜色陨石在燃烧穿过大气层后到达地球,当它们燃烧时,它们通常会改变颜色。
It's just like how wood or paper turns black when you burn it in a campfire .
这就像木头或纸在篝火中燃烧时会变黑一样。
So meteorites normally have a layer of black or dark brown color on the outside.
因此陨石的外部通常有一层黑色或深棕色。