Carrie and Clayton Law love their 7-year-old Goldendoodle named Cecil, even after Cecil ate $4,000 in cash.
凯莉和克莱顿·劳很喜欢他们7岁的金毛贵宾犬塞西尔,即使在塞西尔吃了4000美元的现金的情况下。
"I was like, 'He ate the money, he ate the $4,000'."
“我当时想,‘他把钱吃了,他吃了4000美元’。”
The cash laid on the kitchen counter, it was money to pay for a new outdoor fence.
这些放在厨房柜台上的现金,本来是用来买新的户外围栏的。
Cecil apparently found the cash just too appetizing to ignore.
显然,塞西尔觉得这些钱太诱人了,无法无视。
He gobbled it all up, then Cecil started throwing up.
他狼吞虎咽地吃完,然后就开始呕吐。
"As I went to clean it I realized there was like chunks of hundreds and 50's.
当我去清理的时候,我发现那里有大块的100元和50元现金。
Once we realized it was in his system and it was coming out one end I was like,
当我们意识到现金在他的身体里,而且是从另一端出来的时候,我就想,
'Well, he normally goes number two twice a day', so I'm like, 'I should follow him and just see if anything comes out'."
‘嗯,他通常一天拉两次大号’,所以我想,‘我应该跟着他,看看会不会有什么东西出来’。”
"We just had to kind of get to work. We put on some masks and gloves."
“于是我们就不得不开始工作。我们戴上了口罩和手套。”
They posted the cash cleaning process.
凯莉和克莱顿发布了现金清洗流程的视频。
"How much money were you able to retrieve?"
“你们能找回多少钱?”
"A little over $3,500."
“3500美元多一点。”
"So that's amazing."
“这太神奇了。”
"Yeah, we got back way more than I was expecting."
“是的,我们找回的比预期的要多。”
The bank was able to replace most but not all of the bills.
银行能够替换大部分,但不是全部的现金。
So what was so delicious about all that cash?
那么这些现金为什么那么美味呢?
"So I called the bank and they said this actually happens more than you would think.
“我打电话给银行,他们说这种情况发生的概率,实际上比你想象的要多。
Money goes through so many like restaurants and it touched so many hands and it just acquires all these smells and so dogs really like the smell of money."
钱会在很多餐馆流通,接触过很多人的手,就会有各种各样的味道,所以狗狗真的很喜欢钱的味道。”