This is a national emergency
现在是国家紧急状态。
Detonator's charged.
雷管处于充电状态。
We're in a race against the Nazis, and I know what it means if the Nazis have a bomb.
我们正在与纳粹赛跑,我知道如果纳粹有了炸弹意味着什么。
They have a 12 month head start.
他们有12个月的领先优势。
18.
是18个月。
How could you possibly know that?
你怎么可能知道?
We've got one hope.
我们只有一个希望。
All America's industrial might and scientific innovation connected here, a secret laboratory.
美国所有的工业力量和科学创新都汇聚于此,一个秘密实验室。
Keep everyone there until it's done.
把所有人留在那里,直到一切结束。
Let's go recruit some scientists.
我们去招募一些科学家吧。
Build a town, build it fast. If we don't let scientists bring their families, we'll never get the best.
建一个小镇,要快些建。如果我们不让科学家把他们的家人带来,我们就永远得不到最好的。
Why would we go to the middle of nowhere for who knows how long?
谁知道我们为什么去这荒无人烟的地方,并且要待多久?
Why? Why? How about because this is the most important thing to ever happen in the history of the world.
为什么?为什么?因为这是世界历史上最重要的事情。
You're the great improviser but this... You can't do in your head.
你是一个伟大的即兴演奏者,但是这个...在你的脑海中不起作用。
Are we saying there's a chance that when we push that button, we destroy the world?
你是说我们一按下按钮,就有可能毁灭世界吗?
Chances are near zero.
这种可能性几乎为零。
Near zero?
几乎为零?
What do you want from theory alone?
光凭理论你想要什么?
Zero would be nice.
要是零就好了。
This is a matter of life and death. I can perform this miracle.
这是生死攸关的事。我可以创造奇迹。
World War II would be over. Our boys would come home.
第二次世界大战会结束的。我们的孩子会回家的。
It's happening, isn't it?
它正在发生,不是吗?
The world will remember this day.
整个世界将记住这一天。
Our work here will ensure a peace mankind has never seen.
我们在这里的工作将带来人类从未见过的和平。
Until somebody builds a bigger bomb.
直到有人造出威力更大的炸弹。
You are the man who gave them the power to destroy themselves, and the world is not prepared.
是你赋予了他们毁灭自己的力量,而这个世界还没有准备好。
Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Four... Three...
八、七、六、五、四、三个...
Truman needs to know what's next. Two... What's next? One.
杜鲁门需要知道接下来会发生什么。二...接下来会发生什么?一。