The war in Ukraine has hit the one year mark, and there really doesn't seem to be any end in sight.
乌克兰战争已经持续了一年,而且看起来似乎还没有结束的迹象。
When you look at where we are, both sides are claiming major successes.
如果看看现在的情况,你会发现双方都声称取得了重大成功。
But the truth is that the war has devolved into a deadly slog.
但事实是,这场战争已经演变成了一场致命的苦战。
In the first few weeks of the invasion, Russia made great strides, rolled within a few miles of Ukraine's capital, claimed swaths of land.
在战争爆发的最初几周,俄罗斯取得了很大的成功,声称在距离乌克兰首都几英里的范围内占有了大片土地。
Since that time, Ukraine forces have regained some territory, strengthened their defenses with the help of massive Western aid.
自那之后,乌克兰军队在西方的大规模援助下收复了部分领土,加强了防御。
The concern we should all have is the apparent longevity.
所有人显然都会对这场战争持续的时间存在担忧。
I don't think anyone thought it would last a year when it began.
我认为,战争开始的时候,没有人认为它会持续一年。
The battle really has come down to focusing on the Donbas, which is the industrial east of Ukraine that borders Russia.
顿巴斯实际上已经成为了冲突的核心,顿巴斯是位于乌克兰东部的工业区,与俄罗斯接壤。
And some of that land has been loosely controlled by Russian backed rebels for almost a decade.
其部分土地近十年来一直处于俄罗斯支持的叛军的松散控制之下。
Putin has basically said he won't give up without the Donbas.
普京表达的意思基本上就是,没有顿巴斯,他不会放弃。
Zelensky has dug in his heels, says we're not giving up any land, and so where do we go from here?
泽连斯基坚持自己的立场,称乌克兰不会放弃任何土地,那么接下来情况会如何发展?
There's just gonna keep on killing.
战争会继续持续下去。
It's a little scary that way.
这是有点恐怖的。
There is a belief that the Russians have already begun their spring offensive, if you will.
有人认为,俄罗斯已经开始发动春季攻势,如果你愿意这么说的话。
Ukraine is expected to try and crank up an offensive, and they will be aided by the modern Western tanks that will be rolling in very soon.
乌克兰预计将尝试发动攻势,它很快将得到一批现代西方坦克。
So I think you're going to see actually an increase in the conflict.
因此,我认为冲突会继续升级。
The war is going to become, you know, more brutal than it is right now over the next few months.
接下来几个月战争将变得比现在更加残酷。