手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 名著精讲 > 《小妇人》 > 正文

02 第一章:来自爸爸的信

来源:可可英语 编辑:Wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

At six o'clock, Beth put a pair of slippers by the fire to warm and Meg lit the lamp.

6点钟,白丝把一双拖鞋放到火边烘烤,麦格点亮了灯。

Amy got out of the comfortable chair without being asked, and Jo forgot how tired she was and held the slippers closer to the fire.

并没有人说什么,艾米就从那张舒服的椅子上爬起来,琼已忘记了她的疲惫。她将拖鞋放到离火近的地方。

These are old, she said. Mother needs a new pair.

这太旧了,她说,妈妈需要一双新拖鞋。

I'll get her some with my dollar, said Beth.

我要用我的钱给她买,白丝道。

No, I shall! cried Amy.

不,我来买!艾米大喊。

I'm the oldest - began Meg.

我最大——麦格开口了。

I'm the man of the family now father is away, and I shall buy them, said Jo.

现在爸爸不在,我就是家里的男人,我来买拖鞋,琼说。

Let's each get her something and not get anything for ourselves, said Beth.

咱们每人都给她买些东西吧,什么都不要给自己买了,白丝建议道。

That's a kind idea! said Jo. What shall we get?

那是个好主意!琼说,那我们买什么呢?

Everyone thought for a moment, then Meg said, I'll give her a nice pair of gloves.

每个人都思索了片刻,然后麦格说:我要给她买一副很好的手套。

The best army slippers, said Jo.

我要买最好的军用拖鞋,琼说。

Some handkerchiefs, said Beth.

我想买一些手帕,白丝说。

A little bottle of perfume, said Amy. It won't cost much, so I'll have some money left to buy something for me.

我会买一小瓶香水,艾米道,那不会很贵,所以我还会剩点钱给自己买些东西。

We'll let Mother think were getting things for ourselves, and then surprise her, said Jo.

咱们让妈妈觉得咱们在给自己买东西,然后让她大吃一惊,琼说。

Mrs March arrived home soon after. She took off her wet things and put on her warm slippers.

马奇太太不久就回家了。她把湿衣服脱掉,换上暖和的拖鞋。

Meg made the tea, Jo brought wood for the fire, Beth was quiet and busy, and Amy gave orders.

麦格泡了茶,琼给火炉拿来了木柴,白丝一声不响地忙碌着,艾米在发号施令。

I've got a letter from Father! cried Mrs March.

我拿到了爸爸的来信!马奇太太喊道。

It was a letter to cheer them up, and the special message for the girls came at the end:

那是一封叫大家高兴起来的信,信尾是特别写给女孩子们的:

Give them all my love and a kiss.

替我向她们转达我的爱和吻。

I think of them every day.

我每天都在想念她们,

I know they will be loving children to you, and that when I come back, I will be prouder than ever of my little women.

我知道她们会成为你的好孩子。我知道等我回家时,我会比以往任何时候都更为我的小妇人们感到骄傲。

Amy hid her face on her mother's shoulder.

艾米将脸藏在母亲的臂弯里。

I'm selfish, she cried, but I'll try to be better.

我很自私自利,她哭泣着说,可我会努力变得好些。

We all will! cried Meg.

我们都会的,麦格流着泪道。

I think too much about the way I look, and hate to work, but I won't any more.

我太注重自己的外表,憎恨工作,但我以后不会了。

And I'll try to be a little woman, said Jo, and not be rough and wild.

我会尽力做个小妇人,琼说,不再粗野无礼了。

Beth said nothing, but she began to work hard at a blue army glove she was making.

白丝什么也没说,但她开始卖力地做一双蓝色的军用手套。

So the four girls decided that they would all try very hard to be good.

于是四个女孩都决心要尽力地做个好女孩,

They would never be cross, or lazy, or selfish-and they would all help each other.

不再滥发脾气,不再懒隋,不再自私,她们将互相帮助。

They talked over their plan that evening, while they made sheets for Aunt March.

那天晚上,她们在给马奇姨妈做被单时仔细讨论了她们的计划。

Then at nine o'clock they stopped to sing a song.

9点钟的时候,她们停下来一起唱一支歌。

Beth played the old piano, and Meg and her mother led the singing.

白丝弹着那架老钢琴,麦格和母亲一道领唱。

Jo always sang in the wrong place,but the girls never got too old to sing together.

琼总是唱得不对,可女孩子永远不会因为太大了而不能一起唱歌。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
shoulder ['ʃəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 肩膀,肩部
v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩

 
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
perfume ['pə:fju:m,pə'fju:m]

想一想再看

n. 香水,香气
vt. 使香气弥漫

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。