手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

时光机器之神奇的指南针

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Oh, Hi, everyone! Squeaks is supposed to meet me here in the lab but he's not here yet.

哦,嗨,大家好!吱吱应该在实验室和我见面,但他还没到。

I wonder what's taking him so long.

我想知道他怎么花了这么长时间。

I'm super excited to see him because he promised he'd show me his new magnet.

见到他我超级兴奋,因为他答应给我看他的新磁铁。

Oh, there you are, squeaks!

哦,你们来了,吱吱叫!

Is everything okay?

一切都还好吧?

Oh, I see squeaks was trying out his new magnet by the river and the panther is really long and windy.

哦,我看到吱吱在河边试着他的新磁铁,真的又长又有风。

So it took him a while to find his way back to the fort.

所以他花了一段时间才找到回到堡垒的路。

The river is directly south of here.

这条河就在这里的正南方。

If only you had had a compass then you could have taken a shortcut.

如果你有一个指南针,你就可以走捷径了。

A compass. It's a tool that can tell you what direction you're going.

指南针。它是一种工具,可以告诉你你要去的方向。

And if you know what direction you're going, you can find your way around without getting lost.

如果你知道你要去的方向,你就可以在不迷路的情况下找到你的路。

Thousands of years to explore the world, they can be big or small fancy or plain.

千百年来探索这个世界,他们可以是大的或小的,也可以是花哨的或朴素的。

But they have an important thing in common, they have some kind of arrow or needle that points north.

但它们有一个重要的共同点,它们都有某种指向北方的箭头或针。

So if we had a compass right now, its needle would point this way because that's north.

因此,如果我们现在有一个指南针,它的针尖会指向这个方向,因为那里是北方。

In fact, we can use your magnet to make your own compass right here at the fort.

事实上,我们可以在堡垒这里用你的磁铁来制作你自己的指南针。

What do you say, squeaks?

你说呢,吱吱?

All right, let's do it!

好了,我们开始吧!

You can make a compass, too.

你也可以做一个指南针。

Just make sure you get a grown up to help you.

只要确保你有一个成年人来帮助你。

To make a compass, you'll need a sewing needle a piece of aluminum foil and a clear container of water with a flat bottom.

要做指南针,你需要一根针、一片铝箔和一个底部平坦的透明水箱。

Oh, yes, and a magnet, thanks, squeaks.

哦,是的,还有一块磁铁,谢谢,吱吱。

This is definitely where you'll want help from a grown-up.

这绝对是你需要成年人帮助的地方。

First carefully pick up the sewing needle and hold it by the end that has the hole in it.

首先,小心地拿起针,抓住有洞的一端。

Now drag the magnet along the needle slowly from the end with the hole to the pointy end like this.

现在,把磁铁沿着针慢慢地从有洞的一端拖到尖端,就像这样。

You'll need to do this about 15 or 20 times and always make sure you're doing it the same way from the whole end to the needle point.

你需要这样做大约15到20次,并且始终确保你从整个末端到针尖都是以同样的方式做的。

Next, we'll need to fold our foil into a little boat of sorts and then poke the needle through it.

接下来,我们需要把我们的箔纸折成一艘小船,然后把针刺穿它。

Again, make sure a grown-up helps you with this. Trust me, poking your finger with the needle hurts.

再说一次,一定要有成年人帮你解决这个问题。相信我,用针戳你的手指很疼。

Now, we're ready to finish our compass.

现在,我们准备好完成指南针了。

All we have to do is gently float the foil on the water in our bowl.

我们所要做的就是把锡箔轻轻地漂浮在碗里的水面上。

Wait a second and look, the needle turned and it is now pointing north.

稍等片刻,看,针转了过来,现在正指向北方。

We did it!

我们做到了!

Good question, squeaks!

问得好,吱吱!

But before i explain what happened in this experiment, let me explain how compasses work in general.

但在我解释这个实验中发生的事情之前,让我先解释一下指南针一般是如何工作的。

The reason why a compass points north is really cool.

指南针指向北方的原因真的很酷。

It's because the pointy part inside is a magnet and magnets have two ends called poles.

这是因为里面的尖头部分是一块磁铁,磁铁有两端,称为磁极。

One end of the magnet is called the north pole and the other is called the south pole.

磁铁的一端称为北极,另一端称为南极。

No matter which direction they're facing and opposite poles of two different magnets attract.

无论它们朝向哪个方向,两个不同磁铁的相反极都会相互吸引。

That means they pull on each other.

这意味着他们互相拉扯。

Meanwhile, similar poles repel each other. Repel means push away.

与此同时,相似的两极相互排斥。排斥意味着推开。

Now here's the really awesome part.

现在是真正令人惊叹的部分。

Our planet earth is basically one huge magnet.

我们的地球基本上是一块巨大的磁铁。

So it also has magnetic pulse that means the earth's poles act the same way that a magnet's poles.

因此,它也有磁脉冲,这意味着地球两极的行为方式与磁铁的两极相同。

Do they attract and repel the poles of other magnets?

它们会吸引和排斥其他磁铁的磁极吗?

And they just so happen to line up pretty.

而他们只是碰巧排成了漂亮的一排。

Well with the parts of the planet, we call the north and south pole.

对于地球的某些部分,我们称之为北极和南极。

You've got it!

你明白了!

The earth's magnetic poles pull and push a compass needle's magnetic poles and that's what causes the compass to point north.

地球的磁极拉动和推动指南针的磁极,这就是指南针指向北方的原因。

So why do you think our sewing needle pointed north?

那你觉得我们的针为什么指向北方?

That's right!

没错!

I said the needle of a compass is a magnet so.

我说过指南针的针是一块磁铁。

Yeah, that's it!

对,就是这样!

Our sewing needle became a magnet.

我们的针变成了一块磁铁。

That first step we did where we rubbed the needle with your magnet actually magnetized the sewing needle.

我们做的第一步是用你的磁铁摩擦针头,实际上是磁化了针。

In other words, it turned it into a magnet.

换句话说,它把它变成了一块磁铁。

The pointy end became the north pole of a magnet and the other end became the south pole.

尖端变成了磁铁的北极,另一端变成了南极。

You know, squeaks,you're absolutely right.

吱吱,你是绝对正确的。

It seems like the north pole of the earth should repel the north pole of our compass needle, but here's the weird thing.

地球的北极似乎应该排斥我们指南针的北极,但奇怪的是。

The earth's north magnetic pole is actually in the south and its south magnetic pole is in the north.

地球的北极实际上在南方,而它的南极在北方。

So the earth's south magnetic pole is pulling the north pole of our needle to the north.

因此,地球的南极磁极正在将我们的针的北极拉向北极。

And the earth's north magnetic pole is pulling the south pole of our needle to the south, which is weird and confusing, i know.

而地球的北极正在将我们的针的南极拉向南方,我知道这是奇怪和令人困惑的。

But hey, I didn't name these things

但是,嘿,这些东西不是我命名的。

Exactly, squeaks!

没错,吱吱!

Since the earth's magnetic poles are always pulling on the poles of other magnets.

因为地球的磁极总是在拉动其他磁铁的磁极。

All we had to do to get our magnetized needle to point north was let it freely spin about in response to those forces.

我们所要做的就是让我们的磁化针指向北方,让它在这些力的作用下自由旋转。

Which is what the foil and water were for? Cool! Huh!

这就是铝箔和水的用途吗?太酷了! 哈!

Oh,whoa, look at the time.

哦,哇,看看都几点了。

We told Jessie we'd meet her in the garden to help pull weeds.

我们告诉杰西,我们会在花园里和她碰头,帮她除草。

So we better get going and we'll look into getting you a compass.

所以我们最好走了,我们会想办法给你弄个指南针。

That's a bit easier to carry around than this ball.

这比这个球更容易携带。

That way you can make your way to and from the river a little quicker next time!

那样的话,下次你就可以更快地往返河流了!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
repel [ri'pel]

想一想再看

vt. 排斥,抵触,使反感

联想记忆
bowl [bəul]

想一想再看

n. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场
v.

 
confusing [kən'fju:ziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 使人困惑的,令人费解的 动词confuse的现

 
response [ri'spɔns]

想一想再看

n. 回答,响应,反应,答复
n. [宗

联想记忆
needle ['ni:dl]

想一想再看

n. 针
vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄

 
compass ['kʌmpəs]

想一想再看

n. 指南针,圆规
vt. 图谋,包围,达成

联想记忆
panther ['pænθə]

想一想再看

n. 豹

 
magnetic [mæg'netik]

想一想再看

adj. 有磁性的,有吸引力的,催眠术的

联想记忆
plain [plein]

想一想再看

n. 平原,草原
adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。