手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 全球顶级智囊访谈 > 正文

"心流"让不可能成为可能

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Why does the impossible become possible?

为什么不可能会成为可能?

One of the really incredible things about being human is we're all built for peak performance.

作为人类,最棒的一点是我们生来就是为了达到最佳表现的。

It comes as a fundamental part of being human.

这是刻在人类基因里的。

And what I mean by that is getting our biology to work for us rather than against us.

我的意思是,要让我们的生命机理为我们服务,而非与我们作对。

This is not a new idea.

这个观点并不是新出现的。

William James said the great thing in all education is to get our nervous system to be our ally and not our enemy.

威廉·詹姆斯曾经说过,所有教育的好处就是让我们的神经系统成为我们的盟友,而非敌人。

And by our nervous system, right, he meant our brain and our biology.

所谓的神经系统,没错,他指的是我们的大脑和生命机理。

We're all capable of so much more than we know.

我们的能力都超乎自己的想象。

When we hear something impossible has been done, we start thinking about it.

每当不可能的事情成为可能后,我们都会开始思考。

And then you start asking questions, "Well, what would it look like when I did it?"

然后你就会发出疑问:如果我做到了会是什么样子?

And then you start thinking about, "How would you do it?" "How would you train it?"

接着你会开始思考:你会怎么做?你会怎么练习?

And you're like, "Oh wow, far out." "I guess that is possible."

你会想:哦,哇哦,想远了。应该是可能实现的吧。

My name is Steven Kotler. I'm a writer and a researcher.

我是史蒂文·科特勒。是一名作家和研究员。

And my latest book is "The Art of Impossible."

我的最新书籍是《不可能的艺术》。

There's something in psychology and neuroscience we talk about as the Bannister Effect.

在心理学和神经科学中有个概念叫班尼斯特效应。

This is the idea that you have to believe something is possible before it becomes possible.

它是指你一定要在某件事成为可能之前相信它就是可能的。

It's named after Roger Bannister.

它是以罗杰·班尼斯特的名字命名的。

Roger Bannister was the first person to run a sub four mile.

罗杰·班尼斯特是第一个在四分钟内跑完一英里的人。

And before he did it, this was a great, crazy impossible.

在他做到之前,这是绝对绝对不可能的事。

May 6th, a British medical student Roger Bannister earns sports immortality, the first man to break the legendary four minute barrier running a mile in three minutes, 59, and four tenth seconds.

5月6日,英国医学院学生罗杰·班尼斯特赢得了体育界的永垂不朽,他是第一个打破传奇的4分钟纪录的人,用3分59.4秒跑完了一英里。

They really thought the first person who did it was gonna die from it.

他们真的以为第一个做到的人会因此而死。

It was a total impossible. Bannister runs the first sub four mile.

这完全是不可能的事。班尼斯特在四分钟内跑完了一英里。

And then a month later, somebody breaks his record.

然后一个月后,有人打破了他的记录。

And then a couple months after that, somebody shatters that new record.

又过了几个月,又有人打破了最新记录。

And within five years, teenagers have done it.

五年之内,青少年都能在四分钟内跑完一英里了。

So you gotta ask yourself, "What the hell happened?"

你会觉得:这什么情况呀?

Right? The same physical requirements for running a sub four mile haven't changed.

对吧?在四分钟内跑完一英里的身体要求并没有改变。

All that's changed is the mental frame we've built a around the feat.

唯一改变的是我们因为那一壮举而产生的心理状态。

What used to be impossible is now seen as possible.

曾经不可能的事情,现在成为了可能。

And we start thinking about it and the brain thinks in pictures, and it starts working out, "Well, what would that look like?"

我们开始思考这件事,大脑会想象到一些画面,想着:那会是什么感觉呢?

And then you start asking questions.

然后你就会发出疑问:

"Well, how would you do it?" "How would you train it?"

你会怎么做?你会怎么练习?

And it becomes a little more probable.

实现它的可能性就大了一点。

What it essentially says is that look, there's a very, very, very tight coupling between our psychology and our physiology.

它说明,那种局面,我们的心理状态和生理机能之间有着非常非常紧密的联结。

And if we can pre-wire our brain with the patterns we're gonna perform ahead of time.

如果我们能提前将大脑和即将要采取的模式连接在一起。

When we actually start to perform those patterns, you're gonna get dopamine from pattern matching.

当我们真的开始采取这些模式时,你会从模式匹配中获得多巴胺。

It may help drive us into flow.

它可能会帮我们进入心流状态。

And flow is an optimized state of consciousness where feel our best and we perform our best.

而心流是意识的最佳状态,我们感觉最好,表现最好。

This idea dates back all the way to Goethe who uses the German word "rausch," which means overflowing with joy.

这种观点能一直追溯到歌德身上,他用的是德语单词“rausch”,意为满心喜悦。

Neitzche actually wrote about flow.

尼采曾经写到过心流。

William James worked on the topic, but Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi is often referred to as the godfather of flow psychology.

威廉·詹姆斯研究过这个话题,但人们通常认为米哈里·契克森米哈赖才是心流心理学的教父。

And he went around the world talking to people about the times in their lives when they felt their best, and they performed their best.

他到世界各地与人们交流感觉最好、表现最佳的时间。

Everywhere he went, people said the same thing.

他所到的每一个地方,人们的说辞都一样。

They said, "You know, when I'm at my best, "when I'm feeling my best, "when I'm performing my best,

人们说:当我状态最好,感觉最好,表现最佳的时候,

"I'm in this alterative of consciousness "where every action, "every decision I make seems to flow "effortlessly, perfectly, seamlessly from the last."

我处于一种意识康复的状态,我的行为、所做的每一个决定都毫不费力地、完美地流淌,与上一个无缝衔接。

So that's where the term flow comes from.

这就是“心流”这个术语的来源。

It's actually another phenomenological description of the state.

它其实是对这种状态的另一种现象描述。

Flow actually feels flowy.

心流的感觉是流动性的。

When psychologists wanna know if you were in flow, they say, well, "Was there complete concentration on the task at hand?"

如果心理学家想知道你是否处于心流状态,他们会说:你是否完全集中在手头所做的事情上?

"Was there a merger of action and awareness?" "Did self vanish?" "Did time dilate?"

行动与意识是否融合在一起?你的自我消失了吗?感觉时间膨胀了吗?

And this is an experience we all have, right?

这是我们都会有的感觉,对吧?

You get so sucked into what you're doing, you look up, and five hours go by in like five minutes.

你沉浸于某件事,抬头一看时,五个小时已经赶过去了,感觉却像五分钟一样。

Because we don't register peak performance as a sensation, what we feel on the inside is sense of control.

因为我们并不会把巅峰表现当做一种知觉,我们内心的感受是一种控制感。

The ability to control things that we normally can't control.

能够控制我们通常不能控制的事情的能力。

This is a basketball player in the zone talking about seeing the hoop and suddenly it's as big as a hula hoop.

一名专注的篮球运动员说他看着篮圈,忽然间就像呼啦圈一样大。

And throughout all aspects of performance, both mental and physical go through the roof.

在表现的各个方面,心理和生理状态都达到了巅峰。

Across the board flow tends to show up, whenever we see the impossible become possible.

当我们看到不可能变成可能时,心流就会全面出现。

Productivity, motivation, skyrocket in flow and sometimes 500% above baseline.

在心流中,生产力、积极性都会飙升,有时候会超过基准线的500%。

And that seems like a huge stratospheric number.

这个数字真是高到让人难以置信。

And it would be very, very suspicious if it wasn't in line with all the other research.

如果这与其他研究的结果不一致,就会非常可疑。

For example, the Department of Defense looked at soldiers in flow, and they were looking at learning.

比如,国防部研究过心流状态下的士兵,研究他们的学习能力。

Turns out we will learn 240 to 500% faster than normal when we're in flow.

结果是,在心流状态下,我们的学习速度比正常情况快了240%到500%。

We see creativity spike 400 to 700% in flow.

在心流中,创造力飙升了400%到700%。

On the physical side flow will amplify strength, stamina, endurance.

在生理层面,心流会放大力量、耐力和持久力。

This might sound like, "What the hell?" "Why would one state of consciousness amplify all these different things?"

这听起来像是:什么啊?为什么一种意识状态能放大多个方面的能力?

Like, what is going on?

什么情况呀?

That almost doesn't make any sense until you remember that it was evolution that shaped flow.

除非你意识到是进化塑造了心流,否则你会觉得这一切都没道理。

Evolution itself is predominantly a reaction to scarcity, right?

进化主要是对匮乏的一种反应,对吧?

Resources get scarce.

资源变得匮乏了。

That's the biggest driver on evolution, and we have two options.

这是进化的最大推力,我们只有两个选择。

We can fight over dwindling resources, or we can flee or avoid becoming somebody else's resources, or we can get cooperative, get creative, get innovative, and make new resources.

我们可以争夺减少的资源,或者逃跑或避免成为别人的资源,或者我们可以合作、创造、创新,产生更多的资源。

This is everything that flow amplifies. Flow is universal in humans.

这就是心流放大的所有东西。心流在人类中是普遍存在的。

Actually universal in most mammals and definitely all social mammals.

其实在多数哺乳动物中都很普遍,在社交哺乳动物中绝对普遍。

So all the systems that produce flow are in all of us.

所以每个人都有产生心流的体系。

What we're getting is everything we need to fight or flee, or get creative, get cooperative and make new resources.

我们面对的是需要争夺或逃离的东西,或者合作、创造,产生新的资源。

That was the largest lesson that 30 years in studying peak performance has taught me, is that we're all hardwired for flow, and flow is a massive amplification of what's possible for ourselves.

这就是我30年来研究巅峰表现学到的最大一课,我们天生都有心流,而心流是我们自身可能性的巨大放大。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
cooperative [kəu'ɔpərətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 合作的,共同的
n. 合作社

 
creative [kri'eitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 创造性的

联想记忆
amplification [.æmplifi'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 扩大,扩充 n. 详述,引申,推广 n. 增幅,放

联想记忆
productivity [.prɔdʌk'tiviti]

想一想再看

n. 生产率,生产能力

联想记忆
universal [.ju:ni'və:səl]

想一想再看

adj. 普遍的,通用的,宇宙的,全体的,全世界的

 
awareness [ə'wɛənis]

想一想再看

n. 认识,意识,了解

联想记忆
capable ['keipəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的

 
frame [freim]

想一想再看

n. 框,结构,骨架
v. 构成,把 ...

 
vanish ['væniʃ]

想一想再看

vi. 消失,不见了,绝迹
vt. 消失

联想记忆
flee [fli:]

想一想再看

vi. 逃跑,逃走,消失,(时间)飞逝
vt.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。