手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语美文欣赏 > 跟孟叔一起朗读英语美文 > 正文

第298期:《如果你遇到多年前的自己》

来源:喜马拉雅 编辑:Villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

如果你遇到多年前的自己

I had the strangest dream last night.

昨晚我做了一个非常奇怪的梦。

I was walking down a dirt road with snowy woods on either side of me.

梦到我自己走在一条泥泞的小路上,小路两旁的树枝上堆满了积雪。

I was all alone. The road seemed to go on forever.

在梦里,我孤身一人,梦里的小路似乎长得没有尽头。

I couldn't see another person anywhere.

环顾四周,我看不到任何人。

All at once, however,I saw someone walking towards me in the distance.

突然,我隐约看到远处有人向我走来。

As this person got closer and closer I realized that it was me.

当这个人越走越近,我意识到这个人其实就是我自己。

It was me from many years ago, fresh faced and young.

那是多年前的我,年轻而青涩。

I could see in his mind all the dreams and hopes that he had too.

我几乎能看到他脑海中那些他一直怀揣的梦想和愿望。

They had, after all,once been my own.

毕竟,那也曾经是我的梦想和愿望。

I was overjoyed. I had so many things I wanted to say to this younger me.

我大喜过望。心中有太多话想要对过去的自己说。

I wanted to spare himthe trials I had gone through, the pain I had suffered, and the mistakes I had made.

我想告诉他我经历过的挫折,感受过的痛苦,还有自己犯过的错误。

I wanted to share with him all that I had learned over the long years of my life.

我想告诉他这些年的生活教会我的一切。

I wanted to show him how his life would turn out so much differently than what he had thought and hoped it would, but that it would be so much better and happier than the path he was now on.

我想告诉他,多年后的生活与他曾经想象和希望的多么不同,但这样的生活比他曾经寻求的要美好的多,幸福的多。

I wanted him not to waste so many years on the things his ego thought were so vital but instead to realize that love was the most important thing in this life.

我希望他不要浪费多年的时间,去追求他自认为极其重要的东西,而是要意识到,爱才是生活中最重要的东西。

I opened my mouth to say all of these things but couldn't.

我张嘴想要说出这一切,却无法开口。

I realized at that moment that even if I told him he wouldn't believe me.

那一刻我意识到,就算我告诉他,他也不会相信我。


He would have to walk the road I had walked, learn the things I had learned, and go through all I had gone through.

他将不得不走上我走过的路,学习我曾学过的东西,经历我曾经历过的事情。

I let him walk on byand watched as he disappeared in the distance.

我让他继续走他的路,他从我旁边擦身而过,消失在远方。

Then I turned to continue on my own way and woke up.

然后我接着走自己的路,接着我从梦中醒来。

In this life there are no shortcuts.

生活中没有捷径。

We all have to walkthe road.

我们都要一步一步走下去。

We all have to travel through sorrow as well as joy.

我们要经历忧伤和欢乐。

We all have to learn to love.

我们都要学着去爱。

We all have to grow into who we were meant to be.

我们都要长成命中注定的样子。

It takes our whole lives.

这可能要花费我们一生的时间。

Yet, it is a journey worth making.

但这趟旅程值得你走完。


微信公众号:英语美文朗读 孟叔的微博:孟飞Phoenix 孟叔的抖音:184302945

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spare [spɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的
v.

 
vital ['vaitl]

想一想再看

adj. 至关重要的,生死攸关的,有活力的,致命的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。