Is there anything that you really would like to achieve which you think is going to be impossible?
有没有什么事情是你认为不可能实现但又非常想要实现的?
"Impossible" is a strong word.
“不可能”是个很强烈的词。
You don't like that word.
看来你不喜欢这个词。
Well, it's just a strong word.
我只是说它是个很强烈的词。
I mean, I sort of approach things from a physics standpoint and the word "impossible" is, you know, more or less banned in physics.
我的意思是,我会从物理学的角度来看待事情,“不可能”这个词几乎不会被用在物理学中。
I'm really worried about this birth rate thing.
我真的很担心出生率这个问题。
That's been troubling me for many years.
这个问题已经困扰我很多年了。
Because I just don't see it turning around.
因为我就没看到它在好转。
You know, every year it's worse.
你知道的,每年情况都在变得更加糟糕。
And I drive my friends crazy.
我朋友们都要被我烦死了。
Walter Isaacson is planning a biography.
沃尔特·艾萨克森正在计划写一本传记。
And he has written a biography on Einstein, on Steve Jobs, on Benjamin Franklin, and Leonardo da Vinci.
他曾经给爱因斯坦、史蒂夫·乔布斯、本杰明·富兰克林和列奥纳多·达·芬奇写过传记。
Among the four, with whom would you like to meet and have a glass of wine?
这四个人里,你最想和谁见面喝一杯?
Well, I mean, I would be honored to meet any of them, even for a minute.
我想说,见到他们其中的任何一位,哪怕是一分钟,都是我的荣幸。
I think Franklin, I think Ben Franklin would be the most fun at dinner.
我觉得和本·富兰克林一起吃饭应该是最有意思的。
And who is the one where you would say I'm closest to him? Would it be Leonardo da Vinci?
你觉得你和谁最像?是莱昂纳多·达·芬奇吗?
- I think I'm (- You're a renaissance man.) pretty different from those people, you know, everyone there.
—我觉得我(—你是个全才。)和这些人,这里的每一个人,都很不一样。
It might actually be Ben Franklin.
说实话,可能是本·富兰克林吧。
Franklin, you know, he did a lot of science and engineering stuff.
富兰克林做了很多科学和工程方面的工作。
I don't know, but...
我不知道,但是……
You know, it's funny da Vinci thought of himself first and foremost as an engineer.
你知道吗,有意思的是达芬奇认为自己首先是一名工程师。
And you know, I mean, for the time he was pretty impressive.
你知道,我的意思是,在那个时代他是相当令人钦佩的。
What is your biggest hope?
你最大的愿望是什么?
My biggest hope is that humanity creates a self-sustaining city on mars.
我最大的愿望是人类能在火星上建立一个自给自足的城市。
You have once said "If I'm not in love, I cannot be happy."
你曾经说过:“如果我不在爱里,我就不会快乐。”
Are you happy at the moment?
你现在快乐吗?
I think there's degrees of love.
我觉得爱是分等级的。
But certainly for one to be fully happy, I think you have to be happy in work and happy in love.
当然,一个人要想完全快乐,我觉得他得工作得快乐,并且恋爱谈得快乐。
So I suppose I'm medium happy.
所以我想我现在是中等快乐吧。