手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

直升机如何飞行?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, there! Squeaks and I are so excited.

大家好! 我和吱吱都很兴奋。

We’ve been learning about Ingenuity, a special machine that scientists at NASA put on Mars.

我们一直在了解“Ingenuity”火星直升机,这是美国宇航局科学家放在火星上的一种特殊机器。

NASA has put a few different machines called rovers on Mars before.

美国宇航局之前曾在火星上放置过一些不同的机器,称为漫游者。

A rover is a kind of vehicle that’s made to drive on a different world.

漫游者是一种可以在另一个世界行驶的交通工具。

And the ones on Mars have been driving all over the ground to explore, take pictures, and send information back to Earth.

火星上的卫星一直在四处探索,拍摄照片,并向地球发送信息。

But, Ingenuity works a bit differently, because it doesn’t drive…

但是,“Ingenuity”的工作方式有点不同,因为它不能驱车行驶……

it’s the first machine built to fly around the surface of Mars!

这是第一个环绕火星表面飞行的机器!

You’re right, Squeaks!

对,吱吱!

Flying gives scientists a totally different way of looking at the planet.

飞行形式让科学家们以一种完全不同的方式来观察这个星球。

And since Ingenuity worked so well, space engineers will probably build more flying machines to explore Mars.

由于“ Ingenuity”的工作非常成功,太空工程师可能会建造更多的飞行器来探索火星。

Oh, of course!

哦,当然!

I’d be happy to answer your question about Ingenuity.

我很乐意回答你关于 Ingenuity的问题。

Great question!

好问题!

A lot of the flying machines we have on Earth are airplanes.

地球上的很多飞行器都是飞机。

But Ingenuity isn’t a plane… it’s a helicopter!

但“ Ingenuity”不是飞机,而是直升机!

Helicopters fly a bit differently than planes, or even birds.

直升机的飞行方式与飞机,甚至鸟类稍有不同。

Exactly, both birds and planes use their wings to fly!

没错,鸟和飞机都是用翅膀飞行的!

But helicopters do something different.

但是直升机做了一些不同的事情。

They have spinning blades on top which act kind of like a giant fan to push the air and fly.

它们的顶部有旋转的叶片,就像一个巨大的风扇,推动空气飞行。

A helicopter’s blades are angled up just a bit, so as they spin, they push the air down, which lets the helicopter go up!

直升机的桨叶向上倾斜了一点,所以当它们旋转时,会把空气压下去,从而让直升机上升!

Now, that all works great here on Earth.

现在,这一切在地球上运行得都很好。

But, there’s a big problem with flying anything around Mars: there isn’t much air to push against!

但是,在火星周围飞行有一个大问题:没有太多的空气来推动!

The surface of Mars has way less air than the surface of Earth.

火星表面的空气比地球表面的空气少得多。

Other planets are all really different from Earth!

其他行星都和地球不同!

Earth is the only one that we know about that has lots of great air for us to breathe, and for planes and helicopters to fly.

地球是我们所知道的唯一一个有大量可供我们呼吸的空气的星球,飞机和直升机也可以飞。

But Mars has other cool things, like huge dust storms and mountains that are bigger than any mountain on Earth!

但火星还有其他很酷的地方,比如巨大的沙尘暴和比地球上任何山都大的山脉!

So engineers at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory had to work really hard to design a helicopter that could fly on a plane that is so different from Earth.

因此,NASA喷气推进实验室的工程师们不得不非常努力地设计一种直升机,它可以在一架与地球完全不同的飞机上飞行。

They tried out lots of different designs.

他们试验了许多不同的设计。

That’s because problems can have lots of different solutions.

这是因为问题可以有很多不同的解决方案。

And engineers like to test different solutions to see which ones work best.

工程师们喜欢测试不同的解决方案,看看哪种效果最好。

Like which helicopter design flies best, or is easiest to send all the way to Mars!

比如哪种直升机设计飞得最好,或者最容易被送往火星!

And they came up with Ingenuity!

他们想出了“Ingenuity”!

One thing that makes it different from helicopters on Earth is that it’s super light-weight!

与地球上的直升机不同的是,它的重量非常轻!

So there’s less to lift up in the first place.

一开始就没有那么多东西可以让它升起来。

And it has really long blades that spin really, really fast, to push what little air there is as much as possible!

而且它的叶片很长,旋转得非常非常快,能把仅有的一点空气推得尽可能多!

It does sound like a fun project, doesn’t it?

听起来确实是个有趣的项目,不是吗?

Now that you mention it, I have a fun challenge that can help us work and think like space engineers!

既然你提到了,我有一个有趣的挑战,可以帮助我们像太空工程师一样工作和思考!

We can build a model helicopter.

我们可以做一个直升机模型。

We use models to help us understand or explain something about the world.

我们用模型来帮助我们理解或解释世界上的一些事情。

So a model helicopter could be a simple version that shows us something about how real ones work!

因此,一个模型直升机可以是一个简单的版本,让我们了解真正的直升机是如何工作的!

You can build one, too!

你也可以做一个!

All you’ll need are scissors, paper, a printed PDF template from NASA, which we’ve linked in the description, a stopwatch or clock to time your copter, and a grown-up helper.

你只需要剪刀、纸、NASA的PDF打印模板(我们已经在描述框中链接了)、为你的直升机计时的秒表或时钟,以及一个成年助手。

First, we’ll cut along the dotted lines on this template.

首先,我们将沿着这个模板上的虚线切割。

Then, we’ll fold along the bolded lines here, to make our own paper helicopter model.

然后,我们将沿着这里的加粗线折叠,来制作我们自己的纸直升机模型。

Because it’s a model, it should work similarly to how a real helicopter works.

因为这是一个模型,它的工作原理应该和真正的直升机类似。

Now, a real helicopter like Ingenuity has an engine to spin its blades really, really fast, so the helicopter can stay in the air.

现在,真正的“Ingenuity”直升机有一个发动机,可以让它的叶片旋转得非常非常快,这样直升机就可以保持在空中。

Our model doesn’t have an engine, but the paper blades will spin like real helicopter blades, if we drop our model from up high, like if a grown-up drops it from up on top of a stepladder or chair.

我们的模型没有引擎,但是纸叶片会像真正的直升机叶片一样旋转,如果我们把模型从高处扔下,就像一个成年人把它从梯子或椅子上扔下一样。

The spinning blades should push the air under the model, and help slow down our model’s fall.

旋转的叶片应该推动模型下的空气,帮助减缓模型下降的速度。

I want to make sure that this works, so let’s compare it to the same cut-out, but with all of the blades pointing up, so they can’t push the air as well.

我想要确保这是可行的,所以让我们把它和同样的切口进行比较,但是所有的叶片都指向上方,所以它们不能推动空气。

Alright, Squeaks, let’s drop these from up high, and see if the blades help our model to stay in the air longer than the comparison cut-out.

好了,吱吱,让我们把这些从高处放下来,看看叶片是否能帮助我们的模型在空中停留更长的时间。

Ok.

好的。

Here we go.

我们开始吧。

First one.

第一个。

And, second one.

第二个。

Woah, that worked pretty well!

哇,效果不错!

What did you notice about our model, Squeaks?

吱吱,你注意到我们的模型了吗?

Yeah, the model with the blades stretched out spun better, and took longer to reach the ground.

是啊,叶片伸展的那个模型旋转得更好,落地的时间也更长。

This is a pretty good first design, but I wonder if there’s something we could do to make our model stay up longer.

这是一个很好的初步设计,但我想知道我们是否可以做些什么,使我们的模型停留更长时间。

The engineers who built Ingenuity had to try many different designs before they found the best one, so we can do the same with our model.

建造“Ingenuity”的工程师们必须尝试许多不同的设计,才能找到最好的设计,所以我们可以用我们的模型做同样的事情。

What ideas do you have, Squeaks?

吱吱,你有什么想法?

Oh, we could try making a model with longer blades, like the long blades Ingenuity has.

我们可以试着做一个长叶片的模型,就像 Ingenuity的长叶片一样。

Maybe that would help our model to push more air!

也许这将有助于我们的模型推动更多的空气!

We can even use our clock to help us time how long each design we try is able to stay in the air.

我们甚至可以使用我们的时钟来帮助我们计时,我们尝试的每个设计能够在空中停留多长时间。

We can test lots of changes to our design this way.

我们可以用这种方法测试设计中的许多更改。

What other things could we try?

我们还能尝试什么?

Ooo, good idea!

哦,好主意!

Ingenuity is lighter than other helicopters, so maybe we can try a thinner kind of paper, like tissue paper!

Ingenuity直升机比其他直升机更轻,所以也许我们可以尝试一种更薄的纸,比如卫生纸!

And we could try heavier paper, too.

我们也可以试试重一点的纸。

I was thinking we could try different angles for the blades, to see which one catches the air the best.

我在想我们可以试试不同角度的叶片,看看哪一个能更好地捕捉空气。

You’re right Squeaks!

对的,吱吱!

As good engineers, we’ll need to try lots of different designs to find the best one!

作为优秀的工程师,我们需要尝试许多不同的设计,以找到最好的设计!

It does sound like a fun afternoon!

听起来是个有趣的下午!

Let’s get testing.

让我们测试吧。

And you can try out building your own helicopter model at home!

你也可以在家里尝试建造自己的直升机模型!

What ideas do you have for improving the design, and helping your model to fall through the air really slowly?

你有什么想法来改进设计,并帮助你的模型在空中下降得非常慢?

If you’re able to try it out, Squeaks and I hope that you enjoy getting to be an engineer for the day!

如果你能尝试一下,我和吱吱都希望你能享受当工程师的一天!

Remember, if you want to keep exploring and experimenting with us at SciShow Kids, be sure to hit the subscribe button.

记住,如果你想继续在儿童科学秀上与我们一起探索和实验,一定要点击订阅按钮。

We’ll see you next time, here at the Fort.

我们下期见,沃斯堡等你。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
planet ['plænit]

想一想再看

n. 行星

 
explore [iks'plɔ:]

想一想再看

v. 探险,探测,探究

联想记忆
ingenuity [.indʒi'nju:iti]

想一想再看

n. 智巧,创造力,精巧的设计

 
comparison [kəm'pærisn]

想一想再看

n. 比较

联想记忆
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
vehicle ['vi:ikl]

想一想再看

n. 车辆,交通工具,手段,工具,传播媒介

联想记忆
fold [fəuld]

想一想再看

n. 折层,折痕
vt. 折叠,包,交叉,拥抱

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。