But when the door crashed open behind him, the man who stepped through was no one Bran knew.
身后的门“砰”地撞开,进来的人他却不认识。
He wore a leather jerkin sewn with overlapping iron disks, and carried a dirk in one hand and an axe strapped to his back.
来人穿一件镶满铁片的皮背心,一手握着匕首,斧头绑在背后。
“What do you want?” Bran demanded, afraid.
“你想干什么?”布兰惊慌地质问,
“This is my room. You get out of here.”
“这是我的房间。你给我出去。”
Theon Greyjoy followed him into the bedchamber.
席恩·葛雷乔伊跟随此人步入卧室。
“We’re not here to harm you, Bran.”
“我们不会伤害你,布兰。”
“Theon?” Bran felt dizzy with relief.
“席恩?”布兰因陡然宽慰而眩晕。
“Did Robb send you? Is he here too?”
“是罗柏派你来的吗?他也回来了吗?”
“Robb’s far away. He can’t help you now.”
“罗柏离这儿远着呢。他救不了你。”
“Help me?” He was confused. “Don’t scare me, Theon.”
“救我?”他感到迷惑。“别吓我了,席恩。”
“I’m Prince Theon now. We’re both princes, Bran.
“叫我席恩王子。我们都是王子,布兰。
Who would have dreamed it? But I’ve taken your castle, my prince.”
谁曾梦到这样的情形呢?我拿下了你的城堡,王子殿下。”
“Winterfell?” Bran shook his head. “No, you couldn’t.”
“临冬城?”布兰开始摇头。“不,你不能。”
“Leave us, Werlag.” The man with the dirk withdrew.
“出去,魏拉格。”拿匕首的男子随即退下。
Theon seated himself on the bed.
席恩坐上床。
“I sent four men over the walls with grappling claws and ropes, and they opened a postern gate for the rest of us.
“我派四个人用钩爪和绳索爬上城墙,为我们打开小门。
My men are dealing with yours even now.
就现在,我的人大概把你的守卫都干掉了。
I promise you, Winterfell is mine.”
我向你保证,临冬城已在我掌心。”
Bran did not understand.
布兰不明白。
“But you’re Father’s ward.”
“可我父亲是你的监护人啊。”
“And now you and your brother are my wards.
“我现在是你和你弟弟的监护人。
As soon as the fighting’s done, my men will be bringing the rest of your people together in the Great Hall.
听着,等外面的打斗一结束,我的部下会把城里剩下的居民聚到大厅。
You and I are going to speak to them.
你和我要去对他们讲话。
You’ll tell them how you’ve yielded Winterfell to me, and command them to serve and obey their new lord as they did the old.”
你必须告诉他们,你已经投降,并把临冬城献给了我,你要命令他们,像服侍和听命旧主一般遵从新的主人。”
“I won’t,” said Bran. “
“我决不会,”布兰说。
We’ll fight you and throw you out.
“我们会和你打,直到把你赶出去。
I never yielded, you can’t make me say I did.”
我不会投降,你强迫不了我。”
“This is no game, Bran, so don’t play the boy with me, I won’t stand for it.
“这不是小孩子游戏,布兰,别把我当你的玩伴,我没兴趣。
The castle is mine, but these people are still yours.
城堡是我的了,可人还是你的。
If the prince would keep them safe, he’d best do as he’s told.”
如果王子殿下想保他们平安,最好乖乖遵命。
He rose and went to the door.
”他起身走到门前。“
“Someone will come dress you and carry you to the Great Hall.
有人会来给你穿衣服,带你到大厅。
Think carefully on what you want to say.”
在此之前,仔细掂量掂量你要说的话。”
The waiting made Bran feel even more helpless than before.
等待让布兰觉得更无助。
He sat in the window seat, staring out at dark towers and walls black as shadow.
他坐在窗边座位,凝视着黑暗的塔楼和阴影般的墙垒。
Once he thought he heard shouting beyond the Guards Hall, and something that might have been the clash of swords,
一度,他听见守卫室边传来喊叫,以及刀剑交击的声音,
but he did not have Summer’s ears to hear, nor his nose to smell.
但他既没有夏天的耳朵,也没有夏天的鼻子,所以一切都那么朦胧隐约。