I'm gonna wow my guests with a Christmas twist on a classic beef bourguignon, a beautiful tender rich herby beef stew, perfect for this time of year.
我要用经典的勃艮第红酒炖牛肉来惊艳我的客人们,这是一道美味的嫩炖香草牛肉,非常适合一年中的这个时候。
We're taking this beef bourguignon to new heights.
我们要把勃艮第红酒炖牛肉推向新的高度。
We need to start by marinating these.
我们得先把它们腌一下。
So I'm going to chop it into like five-centimeter chunks.
我要把它切成5厘米的块。
This is one and a half kilos of beef cheeks.
这是一公斤半的牛脸颊肉。
We're going to go in with a bottle of beautiful french burgundy.
我们要放一瓶美味的法国勃艮第红酒。
The acidity in that wine very gently starts to flavor the beef.
红酒的酸度开始慢慢地给牛肉调味。
Four or five lovely bay leaves goes in.
四五片月桂叶放进去。
I've got some rosemary in there. A little bit of thyme as well four or five cloves of garlic, four sticks of celery.
我放了一些迷迭香。一点百里香,四五瓣大蒜,四根芹菜。
Then I'm gonna get some carrots.
然后我放了些胡萝卜。
We've got one onion roughly chopped.
我们放一个洋葱,切成大块。
I'm gonna season very generously with black pepper.
我要用黑胡椒来调味。
Then I want just a little pinch of ground cloves, the taste of Christmas, a couple of teaspoons of dijon mustard.
再来一小撮丁香末,圣诞节的味道,几茶匙第戎芥末。
It's not classic but it's Christmas, guys.
这不是经典的,但是有圣诞节的味道,伙计们。
I'm gonna mix it up with my hands gently gently.
我要用手轻轻搅拌。
Don't get my shirt. Cover that in some greaseproof paper.
用防油纸把它盖上。
Then tomorrow I'm gonna make the most amazing stew out of that.
明天我要用它做最美味的炖肉。
That red wine has already penetrated the meat.
红酒已经渗入肉里了。
Look, how it's changed the color. So into a colander.
看,牛肉的颜色变了。把这些放在滤器里。
Then with the meat, what I want to do is get that into some flour.
我要把牛肉放在面粉里。
So just regular plain flour onto a nice little tray or platter like this.
把普通面粉倒在一个漂亮的小托盘或大平盘里。
I'm going to add just a little knob of butter and a little bit of olive oil.
加一点黄油和一点橄榄油。
And the combination together means you can go to a slightly higher temperature but still get that gorgeous flavor and golden crispy outside.
放这两种油意味着你可以把温度调高一点,但仍然能得到美味的口感和金黄酥脆的外皮。
So as this is frying beautifully and getting golden, we're gonna slowly fry off all of these veggies.
牛肉煎得很漂亮,变得金黄,我们要把这些蔬菜都慢慢煎一下。
One of the things that I love to do to make it even more Christmassy, that's not classic for sure, is chestnuts.
我喜欢做的一件事是让它更有圣诞气息,这肯定不是经典的,那就是栗子。
Look at these, they have that amazing sort of sweetness and nuttiness.
看看这些栗子,它们有一种令人惊叹的甜味和坚果味。
And just crumbling them in your hand will just add to that gravy.
在手中碾碎它们,加入它们只会增加肉汁的味道。
At this point in time add the red wine.
此时加入红酒。
This goes into the stockpot and just top this up with some boiling water or some stock just enough to cover the beef.
把这些倒进汤锅里,再倒入一些开水或一些汤,刚好盖过牛肉就行。
And that will now slow cook for about four hours at 150 degrees Celsius.
现在可以在150摄氏度下慢煮4个小时。
So I'm going to get this in the oven and get this cooking.
我要把这个放进烤箱,开始煮。
We're at that point now where the whole thing's coming together.
现在所有一切都混在一起了。
Just have a little look. How shiny that is!
看一下。多么闪闪发亮啊!
Let's just see how tender it is. Look at that falling apart.
让我们看看它有多嫩。你看,肉煮烂了。
That is the thing about the cheek. Oh, yeah.
这是牛脸颊肉。哦,是的。
So look at that beautiful chunky shiny beef bourguignon.
看看这道美味的大块的闪亮的勃艮第红酒炖牛肉。
My dad is gonna absolutely love that.
我爸一定会喜欢的。
Guys, we got a little bit of beef bourguignon on here. Everyone, help yourself. That's so nice.
伙计们,我们准备了一些勃艮第红酒炖牛肉。各位,请自便。真是太好了。