Cheddar, honey and ground coffee.
切达奶酪,蜂蜜和咖啡粉。
It's like a fight with your inner self because your brain and your logic is saying uh-uh and then your palate is saying uh-huh.
这就像一场与内在自我的斗争,因为你的大脑和你的逻辑说“不”,而你的味觉却说“是的”。
So come with me on this journey and let me give you some context.
所以跟我一起踏上这段旅程,让我来给你们讲一下来龙去脉。
I'm going to start with how I remove honey from my hives here in my back garden.
我将从如何从我后花园的蜂箱中取出蜂蜜开始。
You'll see a lot of busyness happening here and hopefully not too much here.
你会看到这里是一幅忙碌景象,希望蜜蜂不是太多。
Otherwise I might have to leg it.
否则我要逃跑了。
Bees have little glands in their body where they can produce wax.
蜜蜂体内有很小的腺体,它们用腺体来产蜂蜡。
And they'll make that incredibly strong and efficient little cell that little hexagon cell that they not only store honey in for their food that's their pantry that's their food source but also that's where the queen will lay her eggs.
它们会建造非常牢固和高效的蜂房巢室,小六边形的蜂房巢室。它们不仅把作为食物的蜂蜜储存在里面,那是它们的食物储藏室,是它们的食物来源,也是蜂后产卵的地方。
It's all happening down here.
这一切都发生在这里。
That's where all the kind of engine is.
所有的引擎都在那里。
That's where the queen is.
蜂后就在那里。
There could be you know 2,030,000 bees in any one hive.
在任何一个蜂巢里都可能有203万只蜜蜂。
So the only thing going on up here is honey.
这里唯一的东西就是蜂蜜。
So all I do is I remove this little part here.
我要做的就是去掉这一小部分。
What it is a man-made set of hexagons and when I put a crank in and crank it, the hexagons split and gravity lets the honey pour out.
这是一组人造的六边形蜂房巢室。当我放一个曲柄进去转动它,这个六边形会裂开,重力让蜂蜜流出来。
Put that little tap in.
把小龙头放进去。
I'll put a jam jar underneath.
我在下面放一个果酱罐。
I'll crank it. It's as simple as that and thus far I've never upset the bees.
我会用曲柄转动它。就这么简单,到目前为止我还没惹恼过蜜蜂。
So you can see the honey pouring out beautifully.
你可以看到蜂蜜顺畅地流出来了。
It's a really nice thing to do and most importantly it's amazing to cook with.
这真的是一件很棒的事情,最重要的是,用它来烹饪会非常美味。
Let me tell you a story.
让我来给你讲个故事。
Once upon a time, one of my best mates had spent all day cooking a beautiful dinner.
从前,我的一个好朋友花了一整天的时间做了一顿美味的晚餐。
He had 10 of our mates come round.
他叫来了我们10个伙伴。
It was great. I was working late. I couldn't come.
一切都很棒。我工作到很晚,我来不了。
And he...try and come afterwards, come for dessert.
他......过后再来,来吃甜点。
I said I could probably get there for dessert and I turned up with a massive chunk like a kilo of beautiful cheddar cheese. Right. West country cheddar like this.
我说我可能会去那里吃甜点,结果我拿了一大块一公斤左右的漂亮的切达奶酪。对的。像这样的西部乡村切达奶酪。
I got some coffee beans a little handful and then I went to the table.
我拿了一把咖啡豆,然后走到桌前。
Smash up some coffee beans. Right?
把咖啡豆弄碎。对吧?
And everyone's like what's going on.
每个人都在想这是怎么回事。
And then I got a little jar of honey that I took with me.
然后我拿出了我随身携带的一小罐蜂蜜。
And I just got a tablespoon or you can just grab some little herbs like this.
我只拿了一个汤匙,或者你可以拿一些像这样的香草。
And you literally smother the cheese in honey.
然后你就可以把蜂蜜淋在奶酪上了。
And then I get the coffee and I do that.
然后我拿来了咖啡粉,把它也撒在奶酪上。
And everyone's silent. Why? Because that's really odd, totally odd.
每个人都不说话了。为什么?因为这真的很奇怪,非常奇怪。
And then they start to take the mickey out of me.
然后他们就开始嘲笑我了。
And then people just get a little knife and a cracker.
然后人们就会拿起一把小刀和一块饼干。
And they take a bit of that cheese.
他们吃一点奶酪。
And they take a bit of that honey and the coffee.
他们会吃一点蜂蜜和咖啡粉。
And they put it in their mouth and time stops.
他们把它放进嘴里,时间就停止了。
It's like an illusion.
这就像一种幻觉。
It's one of those weird things in life. That is genius.
这是人生中的一件不可思议的事情。这真是天才。
I implore you to have a go.
我恳求你试一试。
That is what cooking is all about salty tangy umami cheese.
这就是烹饪的精髓,咸味浓郁,鲜味十足的奶酪。
Sweet, sweet, sort of massaging honey.
甜甜的,有点像按摩用的蜂蜜。
It links. It works. It's harmony. And then when coffee which is perfumed.
它融合在一起了。它起作用了。这就是和谐。然后加上咖啡的香味。
And you know sweet and fragrant.
你知道的,甜蜜而芬芳。
When you bash it up like that, it's opening up your palate and it just works.
当你像这样捣碎它,它就会打开你的味蕾,它就会起作用。
Love me or hate me, agree or disagree, I don't really care.
爱我或恨我,同意或不同意,我都不在乎。
Just try it. It's a thing of joy.
只是试一试。这是一件令人高兴的事情。