Imagine! If the first person who discovered fire never taught anyone about it, would we even know about fire today?
设想一下!如果第一个发现火的人没有把关于火的知识教给任何人,那我们今天还会认识火吗?
Moreover, would we know anything, if no one taught anyone, ever?
还有,如果没有人传授知识,我们是不是会一无所知?
We probably would have never left the wild, nor created a world of our own!
我们可能永远不会离开荒野,也不会创造一个属于我们自己的世界!
Makes you wonder, how did we, humans, make so much progress?
这不禁让人好奇,我们人类是如何取得如此大的进步的呢?
Well, the answer is clear as a sunny day!
答案就像晴空一样清晰!
We owe it all to our teachers!
这一切都要归功于我们的老师!
Our brain's ability to learn, imagine, communicate, and generate new ideas, beats all other species!
我们大脑的学习、想象、交流和产生新想法的能力,胜过了所有其他物种!
And since the dawn of humanity, teachers have been harnessing these abilities to their best!
自人类诞生以来,教师们就一直致力于将这些能力最大化!
Teachers truly affect all eternity!
教师的影响是永恒的!
No one can tell where their influence ends!
没人能说清楚他们的影响会有多深远!
In all honesty, everyone you meet has something to teach you.
老实说,你遇到的每个人都能教会你一些东西。
There is both a student and a teacher inside all of us.
我们每个人,其实都是一位学生,也是一位老师。
Now, we don't know exactly when the idea of a school was born,
我们虽然不知道学校的概念是什么时候产生的,
but after digging for a lot of proof, we discovered that it existed as early as 3000 BC.
但在挖掘出了很多证据之后,我们发现,学校早在公元前3000年就存在了。
What perhaps started as a school under a tree with one teacher,
从一位老师站在树下教学的学校,
has transformed into today's learning with so many teachers and schools.
发展成为了今天这么多的老师和学校。
And just like our schools, teachers have been evolving too.
就像我们的学校一样,老师也在不断进化。
They went from teaching orally, to writing, to today's virtual screens.
从口头教学,到书面教学,再到如今的虚拟屏幕教学。
No matter what the era, or situation, teachers have always been ready.
无论什么时代、什么情境,老师们总是做足了准备。
We are truly grateful for all our teachers!
我们由衷地感谢天底下所有的老师!