This is everyday grammar.I'm Alice Bryant.
这里是《每日语法》节目。我是爱丽丝·布莱恩特。
A few weeks ago, a friend and I took a day trip to the city of Baltimore.
几周前,我和我的朋友去巴尔的摩旅行。
We packed a few things for the trip.
我们打包整理旅行行李。
Sunglasses, some snacks, our phone chargers and a blanket.
带上了墨镜、一些零食、充电器和一条毯子。
We also brought along the phrase "Would you mind".
我们还带上了一个短语“你介意吗”。
Would you mind?
你介意吗?
"Would you mind" is one of the most useful phrases for making polite requests.
“你介意吗”是一个在提出礼貌请求时最有用的短语。
When we got to Baltimore, we visited an amazing museum called the American Visionary Arts Museum.
我们到巴尔的摩之后,参观了一个非常棒的博物馆,叫美国幻想艺术博物馆。
But looking at art for long periods can make you hungry.
但一直欣赏艺术肚子是会饿的。
So we asked someone at the front desk for food ideas.
于是关于吃什么,我们问了前台的一个人。
Hi, would you mind suggesting a good seafood restaurant close by?
你好,请问一下,附近有什么比较好的海鲜餐厅吗?
She smiled and told us to try Fishermen's Bay.
她微笑着建议我们可以试试渔民海湾餐厅。
We did. And it was great!
我们去了,味道很不错!
In English, we often use indirect phrases like "would you mind" to make polite requests.
在英语中,我们常常用委婉短语比如“你介意吗”礼貌地提出请求。
So, instead of asking the direct question, "what's a good seafood restaurant close by?",
所以,相比于直接说“附近有什么好吃的海鲜餐厅?”
you could ask in a less direct way with "would you mind".
你可以用一种更委婉的方式问“麻烦问一下”
The structure is: "would you mind" plus gerund.
句子结构是:“你介意吗”加动名词。
Would you mind telling me where the metro stop is?
麻烦问一下,你可以告诉我地铁站在哪里吗?
The phrase "would you mind" can help you sound friendlier, especially when making requests to strangers.
短语“你介意吗”可以让你听起来更友好,尤其是当你在向陌生人提出请求时。
So don't leave home without it.
所以出门前别忘了带上它哦。
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。