There are articles all around the world with pronouns like he, she, it, they.
世界各地的报道中都会用到代词,比如他、她、它、他们……
A lot of people just are not quite sure what I am.
但很多人都不太确定我的性别。
And honestly, a little mystery is kind of fun.
老实说,保持神秘感还挺有趣的。
I'm Rain Dove, and I am a model, activist, and general enjoyer of life.
我是莱恩·朵夫,一名模特、积极分子、也是平平无奇享受生活的人。
So, I model as both a male and a female, or in both menswear and womenswear.
我做男模,也做女模;穿男装,也穿女装。
I worked as a male bartender.
我当过酒吧男招待。
I've worked as a fire fighter for a while under a male persona.
我以男性的身份做过一段时间的消防员。
I've done landscaping as male.
我以男性的身份做过园林绿化。
Oh, I did power-washing for a while in Long Island!
哦,我还在长岛做过一段时间的洗车工!
I feel like every day that I do more modeling, every day that I say I'm not gonna stop doing what I'm doing,
我觉得每天我都做更多的模特工作,每天我都在说我不会停止我正在做的事情,
it's another day in which I'm representing a community that isn't stopping what they're doing either.
这是我代表一个不会停止他们所做的事情的群体的又一个日子。
My mission is not to look fancy.
我的任务不是看起来很精致。
My mission is to show people that they belong, that they are beautiful, that they are handsome, that they are attractive, and that they deserve to be elevated.
我的使命是向人们展示他们的归属感,他们的美丽,他们的英俊,他们的魅力,他们值得被赞赏。
It is hard to protect yourself from being exploited and turned into a gimmick by designers who are trying something new or trying to get a bang for their buck.
要保护自己不被那些尝试新事物或者设法谋利的设计师利用,不被他们制造成噱头是很难的。
But at the same time, in a weird way, I really want to be exploited.
但奇怪的是,我想被利用。
I want somebody to say, yeah, let's try a gimmick.
我想看到有人说,好,我们来试试制造一个噱头吧。
Because I want them to see how wildly successful that gimmick is.
因为我希望他们看到这个噱头是多么多么成功。
I want them to start putting people that look like me or people that are different on the runway regularly.
我希望他们开始经常聘用我这样的人,与众不同的人。
I'm really hoping that people see that I'm not a model, I'm a movement.
我真的希望大家能够看到,我不是一个模特,我是运动的。
I'm a human and, like, that's it.
我是一个人,仅此而已。