手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第80期:good还是well,傻傻分不清楚(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The last little exception or rule to remember is that 'good' can be used with the verb 'do' when 'good' is a noun, when you're talking about morally correct behaviour.

最后一个例外,或者是需要记住的规则是,当你在谈论道德上的正确行为的时候,‘good’可以和动词‘do’一起使用,‘good’在这里是个名词。

Some people volunteer to do good within their local community.

有些人在当地社区做志愿活动来帮助他人。

They help others.

他们帮助其他人。

This is to do good.

这就是做善事。

Now word order is really important to get these words right in your sentence

要让你的句子中的词汇使用正确,词汇的顺序非常重要,

because they're different types of words, they are treated differently in our sentence.

因为它们是不同类型的单词,它们在句子中的地位也不同。

It's a really common mistake to say: Sarah plays well football.

一个常见的错误就是说:萨拉足球踢得很好。

The adverb doesn't usually go between the verb and the object.

副词通常不会出现在动词和宾语之间。

It goes after the object.

它一般都是在宾语之后。

Right? It's something to keep in mind.

是吧?这需要牢记在脑海之中哦。

Sarah plays football well.

萨拉足球踢得很好。

All right, you know that I like to make my lessons practical for you so that you can practise what you've learned during the lesson.

好的,大家都知道我想让我的课程对大家而言非常实用,所以大家可以练习在本节课程中学到的东西。

So are you ready to try it out?

准备好一试了吗?

First sentence.

第一个句子。

You speak English good.

你的英语说得很好。

Is it correct?

对了吗?

You speak English well.

你的英语说得很好。

Because we are modifying the verb 'speak' here in this sentence.

因为在这个句子中,我们在修饰动词‘说’。

What about: Your English is well.

那么这句话:你的英语很好。

Is that right? This word is an adjective.

对了吗?这个单词是形容词。

We know because we can see the subject followed by the verb 'be' so I guess we could use 'well' as an adjective, right?

我们知道,是因为我们可以看到主语后面跟着动词‘be’,所以我猜应该使用‘well’作为一个形容词,对吗?

But English is a thing not a person so it doesn't make sense to say that English is in good health.

但是英语是个事物,不是个人,所以说英语的健康状况很好并不能说得通。

maxresdefault.jpg

We need to use 'good' here. Your English is good.

在这里我们需要使用‘good’。你的英语很好。

Let's try another. I want you to fill in the gaps.

让我们试一下另一个吧。我希望大家进行填空。

I'm having a ( ) day.

我的一天很( )。

Can you guess the correct word here?

你能猜到这里正确的单词是什么吗?

The adjective or the adverb?

形容词还是副词呢?

Good! We are modifying the noun 'day': I'm having a good day.

很棒!我们修饰的是名词‘天’。我过得很开心。

But I want you to write a similar sentence with the adverb 'well', right?

但我希望大家用副词‘well’来仿造一个类似的句子,可以吗?

Write it in the comments now.

现在就把它写在评论区吧。

You might need to change the verb in that sentence to help you.

你可能需要改变一下句子里的动词来帮助你。

My day is going well.

我过得很开心。

Now the adverb is modifying the verb, right?

现在副词修饰的是动词,对吧?

Good job!

不错不错!

Did he do something on his exam?

他考试表现怎么样?

Well. We're modifying the verb 'do' here. This rain is something for the garden.

在这里我们修饰的是动词‘do’。雨对花园很( )。

Good! Her job isn't something for her health.

很好!他的工作对健康不( )。

Careful! The word that goes in this space is 'good'.

要小心哦!这次要填上的单词是‘good’。

Just because we're talking about health in the sentence, doesn't mean we need to use 'well'.

只是因为我们在这个句子里讨论的是健康,并不意味着我们需要使用‘well’。

You spoke ( ) at the conference. 'good' or 'well'?

你在会议上讲得很( )。‘good’还是‘well’呢?

You spoke well.

你讲得很好。

I saw Jeremy last night. He looked( ).

我昨天晚上看到杰瑞米了,他看起来很( )。

Well here we could actually use the adjective 'good' or the adjective 'well'.

很好,这里我们其实可以使用形容词‘good’或者是副词‘well’。

Both are possible but the meaning is different, right?

这两个都是可以的,但是意思不同,对吧?

Think about the difference in the meaning.

思考一下,它们的意思有什么不同。

'Well' means that he looked healthy.

‘well’的意思是他看起来很健康。

'Good' means that he was pleasant to look at—handsome!

‘good’的意思是他看起来长得不错——很帅!

What about if I said: how are you?

那如果我说:你好吗?

How would you answer that question?

你会怎么回答这个问题呢?

Would you say: I am good. Or I am well.

你会说:我很好。或者是:我挺好的。

It depends! Again, you could say either.

看情况!同样的,这两种都可以说。

You could use either adjective but the meaning is slightly different.

你可以使用任何一个形容词,但是意思有一点不同。

I want to finish up today's lesson with a fixed expression that seems to challenge these rules a little.

我想以一个固定的表达来结束今天的课程,它看起来好像是对这些规则的挑战。

This one.

这个。

To get someone good, which means to trick someone or to fool them so anyone who tricked their friend on April Fool's Day can say:

这个短语的意思是捉弄某人,或者是让他们难看,所以在愚人节捉弄他们的朋友的人可以说:

I really got him good, which means you tricked him.

我真的戏弄了他,意思是你捉弄了他。

I also want to mention before we finish, that in informal spoken English, you'll hear native English speakers bending the rules a little.

在我们结束之前,我也想说一下在非正式英语口语中,你可以听到英语母语者可能并不会那么严格地遵守规则。

You'll hear them use 'good' as an adverb.

你会听到他们将‘good’用作形容词。

How's Tony going?

托尼怎么样?

He's going good.

他很好。

Now this is not actually grammatically correct but it's reasonably common and I really recommend that for you guys, you stick to the rules.

这在语法上并不正确,但是却非常常见,但是我还是建议大家遵守这些规则。

Play by the rules, especially if you are studying English to sit an exam.

要遵守游戏规则,尤其是你正在为了参加考试而学习英语。

So in that sense, this is incorrect but you'll hear it all the time.

所以就那而言是不正确的,但是你会总是听到它。

So that's it for today's lesson, I told you it was going to be short and sweet.

本节课程内容就这么多啦,我告诉过大家它会简明扼要的。

And I hope it was helpful as well.

希望这节课程也非常有用。

There are lots of pairs of words like this in English, words that have similar meanings but they're used differently in sentences.

英语中有很多类似的单词对,它们的意思相近,但是在句子中的使用方式不同。

Can you think of any others?

你能想到其他的吗?

If you want me to make a lesson about any more of these pairs of words, then make sure you tell me about it in the comments.

如果你们想让我做其他的单词对的课程的话,记得一定要在评论区告诉我哦。

Tell me what pairs of words you want me to make a lesson about.

告诉我你们想让我为哪对单词专门做节课程。

Please do subscribe to the channel so that I can keep you up-to-date with all of my new lessons.

一定要订阅我的频道,这样我就可以让大家知道我所有的新课程的信息啦。

And if you've got any special requests for future lessons then make sure you let me know in the comments below.

如果你对于后面的课程有什么特殊要求的话,记住要在评论区告诉我哦。

And once you do that then come and find me in one of these two lessons here.

如果大家这么做了的话,那就在这两节课程中的其中一节来找我吧。

I'll see you in there!

再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
exception [ik'sepʃən]

想一想再看

n. 除外,例外,[律]异议,反对

 
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
conference ['kɔnfərəns]

想一想再看

n. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会

联想记忆
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
recommend [.rekə'mend]

想一想再看

vt. 建议,推荐,劝告
vt. 使成为可取,

联想记忆
informal [in'fɔ:məl]

想一想再看

adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

 
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。