Welcome to English in a Minute from home.
欢迎来到居家版《一分钟英语》栏目。
When it's really hot outside, you want to find a place to stay cool.
当外面很热的时候,你会想找个地方凉快一下。
But "keeping your cool" has another meaning too.
但是“keep your cool”还有另外一个意思。
To keep one's cool.
To keep one's cool。
Anna, a man driving his car almost hit me in the crosswalk yesterday.
安娜,昨天有个人开车,差点撞到在人行横道上的我。
Then he started yelling at me.
然后他就开始对我大喊大叫。
Did you yell at him, too?
你也冲他吼了吗?
No, I kept my cool.
没有,我保持了冷静。
I calmly explained to him that I was not the one disobeyed traffic rules. He was.
我平静地告诉他,我不是那个违反交通规则的人。他才是。
To "keep your cool" means to stay calm and in control in a difficult situation.
keep your cool是指在困难的情况下保持冷静和克制。
Keeping your cool is the opposite of losing your cool, when you might get angry and out of control.
保持冷静的反义词是失去冷静,也就是当你可能生气或失控的时候。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。