But there's more. When I showed you the side view of the iPod touch, I was keeping a secret.
但不止于此。当我向你们展示iPod touch的侧视图时,我卖了一个关子。
I showed you the clean side, let me show you the other side.
我给你们看的是净侧,现在给你们看一下另一侧。
See, there's something in that upper corner.
看,上角那里有个东西。
It's an antenna, because we've built in Wi-Fi to the new iPod touch.
那里是一个天线,因为我们为新的iPod touch内置了Wi-Fi。
And... 802.11 b/g for really fast Wi-Fi.
802.11 b/g无线网标准,非常快的Wi-Fi。
Now, some others have done this and it's failed.
现在有其他人已经在做了,但却失败了。
And we took a long look at this and think we understand why it failed,
我们花了很长时间研究这个问题,最终我们弄清了失败的原因,
and think we know what to do to make it successful where others have failed before us.
并且认为我们知道怎样做才能在前人失败的地方取得成功。
So what's the problem with adding Wi-Fi?
那么添加Wi-Fi会有什么问题呢?
Well, part of the problem is just getting on Wi-Fi itself.
嗯,问题的一部分就在于使用Wi-Fi本身。
When you're at home, you can get on your Wi-Fi network.
当你在家的时候,你可以接入Wi-Fi网络。
You might have a password, you need to type a code in for your privacy, get on the network.
你可能有一个密码,你需要输入密码来保护你的隐私,然后连接上网络。
When you're in the office, you might have a protected network, there you can type in a password and get on the network in the office.
当你在办公室的时候,可能会有一个保护网络,你可以输入密码,连接上办公室的网络。
So you're fine at home, you may be fine in the office, but everywhere in between can be challenging.
所以,你在家里时没有问题,在办公室的时候也可能没问题,但是在这两者之间的任何地方,都会遇到问题。
You go to any hotel, and to log in their Wi-Fi network, even if it's free, they throw up a webpage.
你去任何一家酒店,登陆他们的Wi-Fi网络,即使它是免费的,也会抛出一个网页。
Well, portable devices don't know how to deal with webpages very well.
而便携式设备不知道如何很好地处理这些网页。
You go to an airport, you're going to see a webpage something like this,
你去机场的时候,会看到一个像这样的网页,
where you have to log in, even if you're a member, you have to log in.
你必须登录,即使你是会员,你也必须登录。
The thing that really got me was even walking through Stanford University to use their Wi-Fi network,
真正让我深有感触的是,甚至当我在斯坦福大学穿行、试图使用他们的Wi-Fi网络时,
you're given a webpage, you have to log in with that webpage.
也会打开一个网页,而你必须用这个网页登录。
If you can't do that, you can't get on most Wi-Fi networks outside of your home and the office.
如果你不能做到这一点,那么你大概就无法在除家里和办公室之外的地方,使用Wi-Fi网络。
And so you could build in the hardware, but you're not going to get the network.
所以你可以内置硬件,但你还是连不上网络。
And so what are we going to do about that?
那么我们该怎么做呢?
Well, we're going to add an application to iPod touch, and the application we're going to add is the Safari Web Browser.
我们可以在iPod touch上添加一个应用,而这个应用就是Safari网络浏览器。
We're going to add it... we're going to build it right in to iPod touch.
我们要添加...我们会把它设计在iPod touch中。
And so what you can do with it, is view all those webpages, zoom in, log in any Wi-Fi network pretty much,
这样你就可以浏览所有网页,放大网页,登录任何Wi-Fi网络,
whether it's at the airport, or a hotel, or Stanford University, or anywhere else.
无论是在机场,酒店,斯坦福大学,还是其他任何地方。
But besides that, you get an incredible web browsers, matter of fact the best web browser on any mobile platform.
除此之外,你使用的这个超棒的浏览器,事实上是所有移动平台上最好的浏览器。
And so you can go to any website, the New York Times, in this case,
你可以登录任何网站,比如说纽约时报,
flip the landscape and see it in landscape, double-click on something and zoom in, and pan around with your finger.
可以翻转横屏,在横屏状态下浏览,双击放大网页,用手指滑动。
It is the best web browser on any mobile device and it's built in to iPod touch.
它是所有移动设备上最好的浏览器,内置在iPod touch中。
In addition to that, you get full Google and Yahoo search built-in as well.
除此之外,你还可以使用谷歌和雅虎的全面搜索,也是内置其中。
So you can find anything on the go over that Wi-Fi network that you just log into with your Safari web browser.
因此,你可以通过你的Safari浏览器,登录Wi-Fi网络,找到任何东西。
So we're very very excited about this Safari built into iPod touch, so we can actually use that Wi-Fi network.
我们对iPod touch中内置的Safari浏览器感到非常非常的兴奋,这样我们就可以使用Wi-Fi网络了。
First time ever on a music player to have a browser like this built-in.
史上第一次在一款音乐播放器上有这样内置的浏览器。