Welcome to English @ the Movies -- American Classics
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》(美国经典版)节目,
where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
The movie "Twins" was released in 1988.
电影《龙兄鼠弟》于1988年上映。
It is a funny film about two brothers born of a failed science experiment to produce one perfect human.
这是一部喜剧电影,围绕的是在一次失败的创造完美人类的科学实验中诞生的两兄弟。
The brothers were separated from their mother and each other after their birth.
在出生后,这对兄弟就和母亲分开了,之后兄弟二人也分开了。
As adults, the brothers are united and go searching for their mother.
成年后,他们重聚并一起寻找他们的母亲。
Listen for the words, "I'll be back."
留意听下I'll be back这个短语。
Tell us where our mother is.
告诉我们,我们的母亲在哪里。
Whispering Pines. It's an artist colony 200 miles north of Santa Fe.
魏斯普灵·派恩斯。是圣达菲以北200英里的一个艺术家聚居地。
If you're lying to me, I'll be back.
如果你骗我,我还会回来的。
What do you think "I'll be back" means?
你觉得I'll be back是什么含义?
Is it: I will return to harm you or you will see my back as I walk away?
是我会回来要你好看,还是我离开时你会看到我的背影?
Listen again.
再听一遍。
Tell us where our mother is.
告诉我们,我们的母亲在哪里。
Whispering Pines. It's an artist colony 200 miles north of Santa Fe.
魏斯普灵·派恩斯。是圣达菲以北200英里的一个艺术家聚居地。
If you're lying to me, I'll be back.
如果你骗我,我还会回来的。
"I'll be back" is a threat.
I'll be back是一种威胁。
It means I will return to harm you.
其含义是我会回来要你好看。
"I'll be back" can also simply mean I will return.
I'll be back也可以单纯地表示我还会回来。
The phrase took on the darker meaning after actor Arnold Schwarzenegger said it to his enemies in the popular 1984 movie, "The Terminator."
在演员阿诺德·斯瓦辛格在1984年的大热电影《终结者》中用了这个表达之后,其含义变得更加阴暗了。
And that's English at the movies. I'm Dorothy Gundy.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是桃乐茜·冈迪。