Conversation A
对话A
Alex: Hi, Rob. You seem kind of quiet today. Are you OK?
阿莱克斯:嗨,罗布。你今天好像有点安静。你还好吗?
Rob: Yes. I'm trying to make a big decision. It's a lot of pressure.
罗布:我没事。我只是想要做出一项重大决定,所以觉得压力很大。
Alex: What kind of decision?
阿莱克斯:什么样的决定?
Rob: Well... can you keep a secret?
罗布:这个嘛...你可以保守秘密吗?
Alex: Of course.
阿莱克斯:当然可以。
Rob: I was offered a new job in another city. It's an exciting job, but...
罗布:我收到另一座城市的一份新工作邀约。那是一份很令人兴奋的工作,可是...
Alex: You're not sure about leaving.
阿莱克斯:你不确定是不是该离开这里。
Rob: That's right.
罗布:没错。
Alex: That is a hard decision.
阿莱克斯:这真是一项困难的决定。
Conversation B
对话B
Rob: I really enjoy working here.
罗布:我非常喜欢在这里工作。
Alex: Me, too.
阿莱克斯:我也是。
Rob: And I really like my coworkers.
罗布:我也非常喜欢我的同事。
Alex: This job is a blessing. So where is the new job?
阿莱克斯:能有这份工作真的是很幸福。那份新工作在哪里?
Rob: It's in Chicago. The station there is bigger than this one.
罗布:在芝加哥。那家电视台比这里大。
Alex: Would your position be the same?
阿莱克斯:你的职务会一样吗?
Rob: No, I would do different things. I'd like that.
罗布:不一样,我去那边会做不同的事情。我喜欢这样。
Alex: When do you have to decide?
阿莱克斯:你什么时候必须做出决定?
Rob: By next week.
罗布:下个星期前。