手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

改善你与金钱关系的6种方式

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

When you think about money and your dreams and you're looking at your account,

当你想到钱与你的梦想时,你看着你的账户,
you're like, "My bank account does not align with my dreams."
觉得你的存款与你的梦想并不一致。
Financial health for a typical American household can be stressful.
对于典型的美国家庭来说,处理财务状况可能会很有压力。
We know that 46 percent of all Americans would struggle coming up with 400 dollars in the event of an emergency.
46%的美国人并不能轻松地拿出400美元来应对紧急情况。
And 60 percent of all Americans will face that emergency within 12 months or less.
而60%的美国人在12个月内或更快将会面对某种紧急情况。
When you ask the question, "What does money mean to you,"
当你问人们:“金钱对你意味着什么?”
most people will say things like, "I feel anxious."
大多数人都会说:“金钱让我感到焦虑”。
And so the insecurities come. The shame comes.
所以捉襟见肘时,就会难于启齿。
I think we have a fraught relationship with money, because it comes with judgment.
我认为我们与金钱的关系很紧张,因为它带着别人对你的看法。
When you're not able to pay your bills on time, you can personalize that.
当你不能准时支付账单时,你会把它变得针对自己。
I don't want anyone to think that I'm not smart.
我不想让任何人认为我不够聪明。
I don't want anyone to know that I am very insecure with money.
我不想让任何人知道我对钱很没有安全感。
I don't want anyone to know that I am super stressed out.
我不想任何人知道钱让我感到压力很大。
So now let's change the narrative.
所以让我们来改变这种想法。
You can't do it alone. And that's when your squad has to come in.
这件事你不能独自承受,你需要和别人一块谈论。
It's taboo. We typically don't talk about our stresses when it comes to money.
谈钱是忌讳的话题。当说到金钱时,我们通常不会谈论我们所感到的压力。
We need to come together as a group of friends, no judgment, no shame.
我们需要像朋友一样聚在一起,不带任何看法,不以此为耻。
Celebrate the fact that we've made a decision that we want to have a better relationship with money.
我们应该要为做的决定感到高兴:我们想要与金钱有更良好的关系。
That is worth applauding or snapping your fingers about.
这个决定值得掌声或打个响指。
Once you've done that, then you get real. Nothing should be off-limits.
一旦你这样做了,你就能认清现实。没有什么是该被禁止探讨的话题。
Where does this relationship come from?
这种关系从何而来?
Why am I spending all this money on things that don't align with my goals?
我为什么要花冤枉钱在那些不能帮我达成目标的事物上?
What are your fears? What are your hopes? What are your dreams?
你在害怕些什么?你期待什么?你的梦想是什么?
But then we start to take action.
让我们开始采取行动。
What can we do this week? Or what can we do this month?
这周或这月我们能为此做什么?

改善你与金钱关系的6种方式

Money is not the end-all be-all. It's the mechanism to accomplish whatever your goals are.

钱不是一切。它只是你实现目标的一种方法。
It does not define you. It's just a mechanism to accomplish what matters to you most.
它不能定义你。它只是一种完成对于你来说最重要事情的机制。
Ask yourself one fundamental question: what are you saving for?
问自己一个根本的问题:你存钱是为了什么?
If you're saving for a car, if you're saving to pay down your debt, if you're saving for that rainy day fund,
你是在存钱买车,还是在存钱还欠款,还是因未雨绸缪而存钱,
it will include short-term goals and it will include long-term goals.
这将包含短期目标,又或是长期目标。
Visualize what you're really trying to accomplish.
想象下你很想要达成的事。
A vision board is visual representation of what you're saving for.
一块梦想板是你存钱目标的一种视觉表现。
So if we break it down, go get a poster board.
让我们把这件事分成小步骤,先去找一块海报板。
Get your markers, get your glitter. Take magazine pictures, cut it all out.
准备好你的记号笔,准备好你的荧光笔。把杂志上的照片剪下来。
Have that picture of that great trip. Have the picture of you paying down your student debt.
放上一张超棒的旅行照片。再放一张描绘你还清学生贷款的图片。
The vision board sounds like, "Oh, how can that really help?"
梦想板这个主意听起来:“噢,那有什么用呢?”
The point is your goals need to align with your behaviors,
意义在于你的行为要与目标一致,
and the vision board is really a representation of where you wanna go and then how you live your life,
而梦想板可以通过视觉的形式展示出你想去哪里,想过怎样的生活,
and in the meantime are the steps to really get there.
还有为了实现目标所需的步骤。
It's not about what you make, it's about what you keep.
重要的不是你付出了什么努力,而是你是否一直在坚持。
It's about understanding do I have the ability with what I'm making to take care of my basic needs?
关键在于理解我是否有能力用我的钱来满足我的基本需求?
And if not, what adjustments do I need to make?
如果没有,我需要做哪些调整?
And then we start to break it down and talk about the tools.
然后我们将目标拆分成小步骤,谈论方式方法。
We start to say, "Do we have our savings account, auto-save?"
我们来想想:“我们有储蓄账户吗?自动储蓄?”
Set it and forget it, or every day, put a dollar a day.
去办理这种账户,然后忘记它的存在,或者每天存一美元。
Whatever that rhythm is for you, the goal is the rhythm, not the amount.
根据你自己的节奏来。你的目标是保持这种节奏,而不是每天存的多少量。
You can start slow. You can start small, but you have to start now.
你可以慢慢来。也可以从少量的钱开始,但是你必须从现在开始。
And then let me give you a trick, we all have impulses.
让我告诉你们一个小窍门,我们都会有购物冲动。
Many times, because the phone is always with us, we start shopping.
很多时候,因为手机总在我们身边,我们就会开始购物。
Go out to any site, shop up, put it in your cart. Just don't hit buy.
去任意一个网站上开始浏览物品,把它放到购物车。但是不要点击购买。
Wait 24 hours, go back and ask yourself, "Do I really need it? What about these items map to my goal?"
一天过后再回过头问自己,“我真的需要它吗?这些东西能帮助实现我的目标吗?
And if it's nothing, hit delete and you got your fix.
如果答案是不能,就删除,这就算是一种成功。
It's also important to know that your self-worth is not determined by your net worth.
同时,你要知道很重要的一点,你的自我价值不是由净资产所决定的。
This is something that we can do better about. You celebrate your wins.
这是一件我们可以做得更好的事。你要庆祝你的胜利。
And when you make that misstep, no judgment, no shame. Just get back at it.
当你犯错时,不要批判,不要以此为耻。只要重头再来就行。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
define [di'fain]

想一想再看

v. 定义,解释,限定,规定

联想记忆
narrative ['nærətiv]

想一想再看

n. 叙述,故事
adj. 叙事的,故事体的

 
fundamental [.fʌndə'mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 基本的,根本的,重要的
n. 基本原

 
rhythm ['riðəm,'riθəm]

想一想再看

n. 节奏,韵律,格律,节拍

 
determined [di'tə:mind]

想一想再看

adj. 坚毅的,下定决心的

 
mechanism ['mekənizəm]

想一想再看

n. 机制,原理
n. 机械,机构,结构

 
typical ['tipikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的

 
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
accomplish [ə'kɔmpliʃ]

想一想再看

vt. 完成

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。